Thai Gold

dannyboy

Hi Danny, alot of those gold shops will have stuff made for you. Our local gold shop sends the request off the Bangkok. Try asking at the biggest gold shop around and see what kind of recommendations you get.

The gold shops where they only sell gold are probably not your best bet....look around until you see a small shop with someone actually making jewelry...then see if you can communicate with them or not.

as someone in the jewellery business i would not touch kai silver. plenty of palces around you just have to find one you are happy with

I didn't say the gold shops make it, they have it made. Our gold shop guy (granted it is a small one) has contacts in the business and can get jewelry made to order. Ask some of the big ones, if they don't do it, they will know who can.

It's maybe a bit out of the way but on I had some work done in a gold shop on 114/5 Ratchapakinai Road in Chiang Mai/ We got a pair of celtic style wedding rings made - we showed them the design and they did a fantastic job on them - it was about 10,000 baht for them both.

We were in the west coast of scotland and there was a gold shop selling similar scottish made rings and to buy what we got in Thailand would have cost the best part of 2 grand.