Wrap A Car

So, anyone know how much a genuine carbon/kevlar hood is? 15-20k?

Depends on the vehicle I guess, if they already have a mould it would be cheaper than one they don't have for, either way you aint going to be getting a real Carbon/Kevlar bonnet for 15-20k, my guess would be double that at a minimum.

Nice, thats Carbon Kevlar.

Saw a car at C Cube yesterday that had the bonnet, wing mirrors and part of the large rear spoiler in this Carbon Kevlar it looked amazing.

Yeah it looks awesome, would love to get my bonnet done...... Know of anyone in Pattaya doing it by chance ?

Nice, thats Carbon Kevlar.

Saw a car at C Cube yesterday that had the bonnet, wing mirrors and part of the large rear spoiler in this Carbon Kevlar it looked amazing.

Yeah it looks awesome, would love to get my bonnet done...... Know of anyone in Pattaya doing it by chance ?

No sorry its just a question of finding a graphics company but theydon't seem to understand the word graphics so best ask for a company that does car stickers.. not sure of warrenty but guess it would be 1 yr but then again this is Thailand!!!

When I go to collect my car I will ask them if they know of a company in Pattaya

Edited by kenny999

Just found this image and is exactly the same as I will be getting....

It ain't going to be shiny like that though, that has a clear coat finish on it, seems to be a real carbon hood not a wrapped hood....

Yes I know as I have the seen the finished product on another car, best describe it as matt black.. same pattern is what I meant to say..

Edited by kenny999

£100 for your hood having stick on kevlar look that everyone knows is stick on stuff. :crying: Must say l have never seen a ride MADE of kevlar that isn't painted to hide it. :huh:

Dont be surprised Na Kah ... it´s a world of fake out there .. cover your car with sh*t i dont mind but in my book plastic and metal dont mix! bah.gif

£100 for your hood having stick on kevlar look that everyone knows is stick on stuff. :crying: Must say l have never seen a ride MADE of kevlar that isn't painted to hide it. :huh:

Dont be surprised Na Kah ... it´s a world of fake out there .. cover your car with sh*t i dont mind but in my book plastic and metal dont mix! bah.gif

Does that include the entire front and rear of your car as they are 100% plastic over metal ;) ..

Never a problem with he Renault Espace, main stream MPV covered in plastic dating back to 1984....... Post office van dating back to the early 60's had plastic wings. As WarpSpeed says most all cars for the past 20 odd years have plastic front and rear ends, some only bumpers

Just found this image and is exactly the same as I will be getting....

It ain't going to be shiny like that though, that has a clear coat finish on it, seems to be a real carbon hood not a wrapped hood....

Yes I know as I have the seen the finished product on another car, best describe it as matt black.. same pattern is what I meant to say..

I mostly posted that for the benefit of others clarification who haven't seen the two and have no comparison so they wouldn't be misled expecting something different and shiny.

Edited by WarpSpeed

Never a problem with he Renault Espace, main stream MPV covered in plastic dating back to 1984....... Post office van dating back to the early 60's had plastic wings. As WarpSpeed says most all cars for the past 20 odd years have plastic front and rear ends, some only bumpers

Yes the Honda Civic CRX was famous for it's mostly plastic body panels and the Saturns of the past for their fully plastic dent resistant doors and body panels..

Must say l have never seen a ride MADE of kevlar that isn't painted to hide it. :huh:

So how many painted Kevlar vehicles have you seen, my guess is zero.

Just google kevlar cars :), NON are shown in the ridiculous '' bare '' kevlar.

Kevlar is for wieght loss, nothing else. :)

Must say l have never seen a ride MADE of kevlar that isn't painted to hide it. :huh:

If it's painted over how does one know from a flash drive by or barring a serious look over if it's kevlar anyway :whistling: ??

I have, none show up in the search results.

Google carbon kevlar though, and there is plenty of hits, can you give me an example of a car made from kevlar.

Google carbon kevlar though, and there is plenty of hits, can you give me an example of a car made from kevlar.

post-41816-0-22633400-1300678375_thumb.j

Nice ride eh. Must confess l was thinking of the carbon variety. :)

post-41816-0-22633400-1300678375_thumb.j

Nice ride eh. Must confess l was thinking of the carbon variety. :)

But how did you know it was carbon kevlar by just looking at it :blink: ?? Kevlar is also for strength it's x times stronger then steel.. That's "x" as in x not X as in "ten"..

Edited by WarpSpeed

So, anyone know how much a genuine carbon/kevlar hood is? 15-20k?

Depends on the vehicle I guess, if they already have a mould it would be cheaper than one they don't have for, either way you aint going to be getting a real Carbon/Kevlar bonnet for 15-20k, my guess would be double that at a minimum.

Paid 12K or 15k for my real carbon bonnet, made by carbon wizard