Happy St. Patricks Day To You One And All

newbepat

Just thought I would say Happy St. Patricks day to One And All.

Its a great day for The Irish.

Irish eyes are smiling 17th March and all that. add what you like . Thats all folks. give us a break, Cead Mile Failte Romhat.we love You Patrick

a great day indeed, happy paddys day !

and to start things as i mean to go on on this fine day. drink, arse, <deleted> and girls. the Irish running rampage at the Cheltenham festival ( get in there Ruby ! ) wink.gif some fine music and a drop of the black stuff. oh and a bit of mrs Doyle of course. biggrin.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCJK_yDAeOM

Wasn't St. Patrick English?

Is it possible to tell the difference between a drunken Irishman and a drunken Pommie?

Someone told me that the way to tell is the Irishman will often be without pants and cradling a sheep. :)

I was not going to comment but i can't let some of the remarks go :

to Ianforbes Thanks to your remark Is this the day you kick that fat, drunken bum sleeping on the floor in your favorite bar?

No we pick him up and give him an Irish coffee

to PattyaParant Wasn't St. Patrick English?

No he was from Scotland but back then we were all the same

can i remind you thaat Jesus was a Jew but we christians celebrate Christmas

to Mstribling You statted out wishing Irish greetings But then went on to say

Someone told me that the way to tell is the Irishman will often be without pants and cradling a sheep. :)

Was that ment to be a joke I don't find that's funny. I say no more.

to Stander You use the word Bogtrottors do you really know what that word means to us Irish people

Its a very derogatory, insulting, and disrespecful word meaning lowest class of Irish.

I started this post just to wish one and all on Thaivisa a Happy St. Patrick's Day I was not expecting nasty insults and put downs

But Thanks anyway i would like to hear from any Irish on TV and your comments

Pat

La Fheile Padraig.

Patrick was actually from Wales. He was brought over to Ireland by an Irish pirate/slave merchant called Niall of the Nine Hostages.Trade in people was quite common in many parts of Europe then.

I was not going to comment but i can't let some of the remarks go :

to Ianforbes Thanks to your remark Is this the day you kick that fat, drunken bum sleeping on the floor in your favorite bar?

No we pick him up and give him an Irish coffee

to PattyaParant Wasn't St. Patrick English?

No he was from Scotland but back then we were all the same

can i remind you thaat Jesus was a Jew but we christians celebrate Christmas

to Mstribling You statted out wishing Irish greetings But then went on to say

Was that ment to be a joke I don't find that's funny. I say no more.

to Stander You use the word Bogtrottors do you really know what that word means to us Irish people

Its a very derogatory, insulting, and disrespecful word meaning lowest class of Irish.

I started this post just to wish one and all on Thaivisa a Happy St. Patrick's Day I was not expecting nasty insults and put downs

But Thanks anyway i would like to hear from any Irish on TV and your comments

Pat

Ah. The famous Irish sense of humour :rolleyes:

Yes, don't be so sensitive, and btw, Patrick was a taff.

Did you have some Guinness?

--

Ian, for the record, only aussies can call the English pommies and get away with it. Anyone else spells cringeworthy. ;)

Ian, for the record, only aussies can call the English pommies and get away with it. Anyone else spells cringeworthy. ;)

I know that. My first wife, and mother of my 2 kids, was an aussie and she always called the Brits "pommie bastids". I think some of it goes back to the days of Gallipoli when the British generals treated the Aussie soldiers like canon fodder. The British generals weren't much better in the Second World War, either.

But, in any case, today it's mostly just in fun. There has always been an intense rivalry between Australia and Briton... and much more so than between Canada and the Brits. Canadians are treated more like Americans by the Brits... even though we belong to the British Commonwealth.

I seem to have come home with one of those horrible Guinness hats.

I had a great evening with my friends here in Geneva, but I do have a bit of a sore head. I shall have to go back to the bar because I seem to have left without paying my bill... Came home with the same amount of cash I went out with. OOPS!! (minus the taxi fare).

Met a whole lot of people with Irish blood in them. From Pennsylvania to Manchester...

I seem to have come home with one of those horrible Guinness hats.

I had a great evening with my friends here in Geneva, but I do have a bit of a sore head. I shall have to go back to the bar because I seem to have left without paying my bill... Came home with the same amount of cash I went out with. OOPS!! (minus the taxi fare).

Met a whole lot of people with Irish blood in them. From Pennsylvania to Manchester...

That reminds me of the story where Paddy was bragging about a certain Irish pub where you could drink all night for free and then go home with one of the patrons and have unbelievable sex all night long.

His mate, O'Reilly, replied "Did that happen to you, Paddy?"

Paddy answered back... "No, but it happened to me sister."

Edited by IanForbes

its a sad world now we have to be very carefull what we say now. bring back the old paddy jokes. here is one i heard yesterday . paddy and mick were out in one of these countries where they have canabals and they were captured by the canabals, the chief man said that they were going to kill them and use their skin to make canoes, and he granted them a last wish ,mick requested a last meal and a go at a lady , they asked paddy what he wanted and he replied i want a fork. the chief was stunned by this and he asked paddy why he wanted a fork, on getting the fork paddy proceeded to stab himself and shouting out loud your not going to make a canoe out of me. and cheers Pat

Wasn't St. Patrick English?

Is it possible to tell the difference between a drunken Irishman and a drunken Pommie?

Why would a Canadian refer to an Englishman as a Pommie ??

Paddy's an Englishman anyway, he was captured by the Irish as a Kid & was a Slave in Ireland, nice..

& it's only a great day for Gunness anyway, there the one's who profit from it the most & it's generally celebrated by more Englishmen than who celebrate St Andrew's day, which i've always thought of as very strange & p*ss poor actually..

I was in an Irish Gaff that actually ran out of Guinnness last night would you believe & then tried to push us towards the Kilkenny, which was double the price coincidently enough...:rolleyes: