St Patricks Day

mike3006

Nothing Im English and no respectable Englishman would celebrate anything to do with Ireland. Apart from beating them in the next 6 nations clash to finish the grand slam. :D

Edited by thaimiller

St. Patrick's Day will be celebrated at The Olde Bell, as every year! Northern Ireland is part of Britain and St. Patrick's Day is a national holiday there so why not party!!

We've got the Guinness back just in time and tonight we've got Guinness and Irish Lamb or Beef stew on promotion. We've also got Magners Irish Cicer, Jameson's Irish Whiskey, Bailey's Irish cream and a Green Shamrock coktail!

There'll be music from our extensive collection of Irish music and of course the 'Craic' which is free!!!

We hope to see some of you later on!

St. Patrick's Day will be celebrated at The Olde Bell, as every year! Northern Ireland is part of Britain and St. Patrick's Day is a national holiday there so why not party!!

No argument on the partying, but Northern Ireland is NOT part of Great Britain. It is of course part of the United Kingdom, which is an abbreviation of 'The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland"

All of this, and a lot more, is explained in this excellent and reasonably funny video:

Winnie is spot on. Northern Ireland is not part of Britain but is presently part of 'The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland".

And Pedr, are we to take it that only people from Northern Ireland with UK passports are welcome to your St. Patrick's Day event? :(

Perhaps it would be better to go where everyone is welcome regardless of their politics or religion or nationality?

No argument on the partying, but Northern Ireland is NOT part of Great Britain. It is of course part of the United Kingdom, which is an abbreviation of 'The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland"

All of this, and a lot more, is explained in this excellent and reasonably funny video:

Arrgh. He talks too fast. Information overload around the 1:30 mark. But thanks for the useful link. I think.

ETA - ooh, the Venn Diagram is useful. And the communication with USA made me chuckle :)

Edited by SadieMBeagle

Winnie is spot on. Northern Ireland is not part of Britain but is presently part of 'The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland".

And Pedr, are we to take it that only people from Northern Ireland with UK passports are welcome to your St. Patrick's Day event? :(

Perhaps it would be better to go where everyone is welcome regardless of their politics or religion or nationality?

What a question to ask!

Some people eh?

:jerk:

Read his post again and see if you understand my question, FLAME REMOVED.

See you on Sunday.

If you really can't fathom out what I meant then MrClough's case seems to be proven!

Winnie: I thank you sir! I take my hat off- to be corrected on the nuances of the realtionship between the narions and priovinces of the United Kigdon by an American is priceless. I suppose I meant that the majority of the people of Northern Ireland consider themselves to be British and I used the word in that context, but I am happy to take your correction!

To clear up any lingering doubt St. Patricks Day is a celebration of Irish people and the island of Ireland and the rest of the world is invited to the party. When they say 'Caed Mile Falite' They really mean it. Croeso i bawb - everyone welcome as the Welsh say!!

What a question to ask!

Some people eh?

rolleyes.gif hear hear and what a sad comment by "gotlost" ...... lets leave out the typical preconception about races or creeds until you have actually lived with them for a period of time that qualifies you to make a judgement...and even then...it is still impolite and discourteous, apart from being offensive, to label people with sly remarks that you might find funny and then place these comments in a public forum.

Edited by Raindancer

What a question to ask!

Some people eh?

rolleyes.gif hear hear and what a sad comment by "gotlost" ...... lets leave out the typical preconception about races or creeds until you have actually lived with them for a period of time that qualifies you to make a judgement...and even then...it is still impolite and discourteous, apart from being offensive, to label people with sly remarks that you might find funny and then place these comments in a public forum.

BTW I have lived with more Irish than you can imaging with Irish in my blood you are out of line and they comment stands. You are the individual that need to rethink.:P

What a question to ask!

Some people eh?

BTW I have lived with more Irish than you can imaging with Irish in my blood you are out of line and they comment stands. You are the individual that need to rethink.:P

Oh dear........Another one who claims irish lineage......I do not need to rethink anything as I was born and bred in the island of Ireland and would never make fun of another race, creed, religion or mistaken gossipy ideas of culture just because others had made up their minds about the behaviour of a different society.

Oh dear........Another one who claims irish lineage......I do not need to rethink anything as I was born and bred in the island of Ireland and would never make fun of another race, creed, religion or mistaken gossipy ideas of culture just because others had made up their minds about the behaviour of a different society.

No help on this one.:wacko:

No hard feelings Gotlost...mfr_closed1.gifmellow.gif

No hard feelings Gotlost...mfr_closed1.gifmellow.gif

:D:thumbsup: