Transponder Cloning Tool For Transponder Keys

Garry

Hello all,

Does anyone know of any reputable bike shops or lock smiths that have a Transponder Cloning device? I really don't want to send my only key overseas to have spare keys cloned off of it. I'd rather buy the blanks and have them done in Thailand.

My bike never had a red key available when I purchased it second hand, as I could have used it to clone my own keys. I've already talked to Ducati Bologna direct for a re-issue of a red key and it involves chasing up a bunch of paperwork, but in the interim I would just like to have some spare transponder keys on hand.

I don't want to be in this Catch 22 type situation, so any insight / help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Garry

If, you have a black key, but no red key, you can make a copy of the black key. You will need a Silca KW17T5 transponder key blank and one of the following cloners (Ilco/Silca - RW2 or RW3, Strattec - Quick code, Jet – Smart clone, Bianchi - Repli-code).

If you want to buy the bits from your Ducati dealer that you’ll need to get a new red key, you’ll need a new gauge cluster - 6,700 THB; ECU - 7,800 THB; ignition/keys - 7,800 THB.

If you want to explore some alternatives, take the dynamic D sticker off of your black key, push the cross pin out so you can pull the key blade out of the plastic head, then fish out the transponder and attach it on the inside of your ignition housing. Then go get all the 200 THB keys made you want!

If, you have a black key, but no red key, you can make a copy of the black key. You will need a Silca KW17T5 transponder key blank and one of the following cloners (Ilco/Silca - RW2 or RW3, Strattec - Quick code, Jet – Smart clone, Bianchi - Repli-code).

If you want to buy the bits from your Ducati dealer that you'll need to get a new red key, you'll need a new gauge cluster - 6,700 THB; ECU - 7,800 THB; ignition/keys - 7,800 THB.

If you want to explore some alternatives, take the dynamic D sticker off of your black key, push the cross pin out so you can pull the key blade out of the plastic head, then fish out the transponder and attach it on the inside of your ignition housing. Then go get all the 200 THB keys made you want!

Thanks for the reply Richard.

Yeah, the Ducati paperwork is going to be expensive meaning proof of ownership (easy) and parts (money I don't really want to spend). That I knew and I don't want to go down that path just yet.

It was mentioned also on one of my Ducati forums to remove the chip and tape to the underside of the key housing, but I won't be doing that as it leaves my bike open to easy theft.

Cloners for keys are quite cheap (I checked) and I have thought about getting one.

An EEPROM cloner/flasher is a bit more expensive and I don't really need one of them, as the cost (I checked this as well) would be about the same as getting a new dash, ECU and key package from Ducati plus getting Ducati to flash my new ECU.

I can get the key blanks online with no problems, so if you know of a Lock Smith with the transponder cloning capability it would be appreciated.

Thanks again for the response,

regards

Garry

I can give you one address on Petchkasem Road (between soi 18 and 20), they officially not sell retail but that rule is not always followed (anyway if they not help you – they know exactly who can help you). The downside is that English language is not on the menu so best you let some Thai call them.

The telephone numbers are 02-8681990 or 02-4571252

I can give you one address on Petchkasem Road (between soi 18 and 20), they officially not sell retail but that rule is not always followed (anyway if they not help you – they know exactly who can help you). The downside is that English language is not on the menu so best you let some Thai call them.

Thanks for that.. Do you have a name for the numbers...PM if you prefer

That sounds like the security on those keys is real, and works - that's good to know. Does anyone know if the system on the Vespa LX150 is the same thing? We were recently surprised to hear that we shouldn't lose the master key as if we did, no copies could be made, and the entire unit would have to be replaced for 20k baht.

I didn't even know the security on the bike is more than that blinking red light on the instrument panel... :lol:

That sounds like the security on those keys is real, and works - that's good to know. Does anyone know if the system on the Vespa LX150 is the same thing? We were recently surprised to hear that we shouldn't lose the master key as if we did, no copies could be made, and the entire unit would have to be replaced for 20k baht.

I didn't even know the security on the bike is more than that blinking red light on the instrument panel... :lol:

I would suggest you get some spare keys cut. The dealer should be able to carry out the cloning on the key transponders for you, if you are unsure of the cloning process for your particular model.

Cloning keys illegally is illegal (un-surprisingly) and so any talk of it is not only contrary to Forum regs but hardly wise - I would suggest this thread is not only locked but removed.

Bullshit, dealers for starters are capable of cloning keys, especially if the customer has lost red key. Reputable lock smiths have cloning devices. If my Ducati had come with a red key, as I am the fourth legal owner of it, I could have cloned with the red key, as the process is explained in the service manual, which I have. Ducati have already stated that if I can't have the key copied, then I will have to buy as stated above, a complete system comprising dash, ECU and matched set of transponder keys which includes one red (master) and slaves (black).

If you think this is a problem, then report it to the mods and let them contact me. I take particular exception at someone accusing me of doing something illegal.

Edited by Garry

Cloning keys illegally is illegal (un-surprisingly) and so any talk of it is not only contrary to Forum regs but hardly wise - I would suggest this thread is not only locked but removed.

Copying (cloning) keys of property you legally own is fully legal in Thailand. Second, call any Ducati dealer in any country and they will be very helpful to point out who can copy keys.

Also a Lock Smith would likely ask for documents which proof ownership of the motorcycle. Using copied/cloned key to steal a Ducati motorcycle will probably be the most amateurish way to do it.

Here also a copy of a Ducati manual regarding the immobilizer....

post-12170-0-30670500-1300662237_thumb.j

Edited by Richard-BKK

No illegal activities have been discussed here. OP is trying to find a way to get his Italian bike keys sorted inexpensively in LOS. Legal. No breach of Forum rules.

Any pro thief knows how to do this anyway.

No illegal activities have been discussed here. OP is trying to find a way to get his Italian bike keys sorted inexpensively in LOS. Legal. No breach of Forum rules.

Any pro thief knows how to do this anyway.

May idea also, if a thief has the key – why would he bother to copy/clone it? Just ride away without copying/cloning is much easier...

Nikster,

From another forum

Buy a blank "blue" key from the agent

Take the key to a locksmith to cut it

Use your master key to program your new blue key

Use your blue key and keep your original key in a safe place

• 2 weeks later...

I can give you one address on Petchkasem Road (between soi 18 and 20), they officially not sell retail but that rule is not always followed (anyway if they not help you they know exactly who can help you). The downside is that English language is not on the menu so best you let some Thai call them.

Hi Richard,

Recieved some blanks from Allmotorcycleskeys.com in the states. Cost me $15 dollars each.

As you said and as stated similar on their website:

PLEASE NOTE: These keys MUST be cloned in order to work properly, NOT programmed. Keys must be cut and cloned by a locksmith with one of the following transponder machine models:

*Silca RW2, RW3, RW4, or EZ Clone

*Bianchi Repli-code

*Jet Smartclone

*Strattec QuickCode

Hopefully all going well, I'll get them cloned and cut next time I'm home from overseas work. B)

Edited by Garry

"Cloning keys illegally is illegal". Not sure what part of "illegally" you don't understand, Garry, or where I have accused you of doing anything illegal. Agents and authorised locksmiths doing so are clearly doing so legally. What I was talking about was giving the phone number of a firm where "that rule is not always followed", which I find rather unwise.

The idea that just because "Any pro thief knows how to do this anyway" makes telling anyone who doesn't how to do this perfectly acceptable is something I also find rather unwise - there again I thought that about the thread explaining the best way for a passing thief to remove the entire barrel lock from a motorbike.

Evidently I was wrong and there is nothing wrong with disseminating this information as those reading this forum are only pro-thieves or honest men - no budding thieves here, only the genuine article.