Still Need Onward Ticket For Tourist Visa ?

I'm in Australia and soon going to apply for a Thai Tourist visa. Do I still have to definitely and absolutely have a ticket OUT of the country ? If so, is there any way around this ? Last time I had to waste money buying a ticket and then cancelling it.

I hate the bureaucratic mentality and having to waste money because of it.

All embassies have diferent requirments. best to ask.

You could try and tell them ur going to travel overland by bus to....

You can always buy a business class full fare ticket form thailand to Phnom Penh, Singapore or KL and then cancel it for full refund.

All embassies have diferent requirments. best to ask.

You could try and tell them ur going to travel overland by bus to....

You can always buy a business class full fare ticket form thailand to Phnom Penh, Singapore or KL and then cancel it for full refund.

Really ? Refunds for Business class tickets are FULL refunds ??? Is this common to all airlines ? Or only some ??

Check with individual airlines for full refundable tickets.

Or buy an open date return instead of one way which is often close to the price of a one way fare.

You can always just apply without a onward ticket and if denied, then buy a onward ticket or change yours to a open return.

If you apply early enough, you will have enough time to take care of any additional requests the Thai Embassy may require.

I have applied both with no onward ticket, and also just showing a round trip open return reservation.

Only had to purchase a last minute full refundable onward ticket with China Air once when checking in on a return flight from another country back to Thailand.