German Man Shoots Neighbors Dog

Rimmer

What a complete tosser, so the dog pissed against the wheel of his scabby old merc, that is what dogs do - piss against tires!!!!! I hope he gets prosecuted to the maximum, tosser!!!!

Shooting the dog for the reason stated is perhaps not fully acceptable, but we do not know the detailed history of it, maybe the German guy complained several times to the dog owner in order to stop this, but the dog owner was not interested in dealing with it, it is unfortunately quite common that dog owners here do not control their animals, as a result many dogs are killed in neighbourhoods, and mainly by Thai's for the nuisance they cause.

Apart from their noisy barking at all hours, they are also roaming around urinating and defecating the pavements and other peoples gardens, the resulting foul smell produces harmful bacteria and attracts insects in large numbers who then spread the harmful bacteria around the entire neighbourhood causing all sorts of health problems for humans.

Thus before recommending a harsh (or any) punishment for the German guy one should first consider the circumstances surrounding it.

Having a firearm, discharging it in public and killing an animal that does not belong to him is circumstance enough, regardless of any "detailed history".!

The killing of the dog is the matter here ... not the method of the killing, the fact that you made reference to ... the guy having a gun, and that he fired it in public, and that the dog did not belong to him, seems to indicate that had the guy poisoned the dog as opposed to shooting, and the dog had belonged to him, then the killing would have been of no concern.

Edited by personchester

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The killing of the dog is the matter here ... not the method of the killing, the fact that you made reference to ... the guy having a gun, and that he fired it in public, and that the dog did not belong to him, seems to indicate that had the guy poisoned the dog as opposed to shooting, and the dog had belonged to him, then the killing would have been of no concern.

But thats not what happened is it.

All i can say is what a prat,my neigbours dog is always peeing on my tires , and my car is far nicer than his beaten up old wreck. :)

He should have treated them with no pee tire bright which they now have..Tried it and it seems to work with the local strays..

Is this the same guy who some poster said threatened to kill her cat because it would sometimes walk on his car?

We get some real loonies here in Pattaya.

No it's not the same Guy thank goodness.

My neighbor has cooled off now fortunately, My cat does not go near his car anymore.

This German Man deserves to get deported and Banned from ever entering the Kingdom again, and also banned in his home Country from ever owning a gun, for what he has done.

It's bad enough killing someone's pet Dog, but just think if there were little children playing nearby, I dread to think what may have happened.

Playing with guns is no Joke.

I have three dogs......none are allowed outside the gate of my house. unless supervised by me or the better half. So therefore dont piss on property that aint mine...and more to the point they can`t bite anyone either..

There are too many dogs in thailand that run wild snapping at heels and pissing/shitting everywhere..scrounging when eating etc..i love thailand but it would be a lot cleaner if the soi dogs were cleaned up...

The gun does look like an air riffle to me, i had one when a lad and believe me if you use the pointed lead pellets it WILL kill a small animal like that, i shot rabbits, hares and pheasants with a single shot .....wouldn`t do it now though as i like animals too much....but when a lad thats what you did.....

I worked with a guy who hated the local cats and dogs doing their dirty deeds in his flower borders, his method of dealing with them seemed to work...for him.. i will never forget that guy........

Edited by Rimmer
No need to describe poison mixture

The rifle can be identified rather easily as an .177 caliber air rifle.

(not a real weapon)

I'm even surprised it could kill the dog, especially given the point of impact.

Maybe the dog died from a heart attack because it was scared.

Some people who wrote in this thread need to get their head checked.

A small dog is dead, period.

Some threads on much more serious matters involving lost human lives often attract less comments.

That is what is really sickening.

Edited by manarak

The rifle can be identified rather easily as an .177 caliber air rifle.

(not a real weapon)

I'm even surprised it could kill the dog, especially given the point of impact.

Maybe the dog died from a heart attack because it was scared.

Some people who wrote in this thread need to get their head checked.

A small dog is dead, period.

Some threads on much more serious matters involving lost human lives often attract less comments.

That is what is really sickening.

people have the capacity to make choices, animals do not and when it comes to loyalty and friendship, i will take a good dog over a treacherous human anytime..........

Come on guys - get a grip. Its a poxy dog that the owner did not care for properly (or it would not be "playing outside"), and not they have identified an oportunity to financially exploite the situation.

Yeah, the German guy was out of order discharging a weapon in public - the potential for tragedy there is obvious. So slap a fine on him, give him a warning, and any further wreckless behaviour warrants deportation.

I like dogs, I really do...... but when they run around loose they are a nuisance to society, and moreover a danger, particularly small children. Dogs are afforded too many liberties in society, in general - and the <deleted> that rant and rave about their "dogs rights" are just deluded into some ......I dunno...... wierd place in their minds. I live in a nice muban, in Bangkok....... if I were to decide to open all the doors and windows, turn the music up full, then sit on the front porch and howl at the moon then what would happen? I would first be asked to shut up, then made to shut up...... right? However, a dog can do it all day, all night, and nothing is sad or done "because that is what dogs do"? So in the first instance the dog enjoys the right to make as much noise as it likes, but I as a human do not have that right? And secondly, my liberties are infringed upon (the right to reasonable peace and quiet) by a dog? In both instances, the "rights" of the animal supercede that of a human? That is unacceptable - it is not the animals fault, but the owners. Good dog owners do not let their animals behave in such a way - they control them..... and there are many ways to do that. So, apart from noise polution, which is just a nuisance - when you let them roam freely they are free to deficate wherever and whenever they like. Now really, I don't car if a dog pi$$es on my car wheel..... but when they $h!t outside my gate, on the footpath, in the park where my kids play, and so on then they create a serious health risk, as aforementioned. But all these things a petty compared to what a "miniature pincher" could do to a 3-4yr old child if it decided to attack them...... much less what a pitbull, or anything bigger would do...... to any of us.

So the moral of the story here is "get a grip" - the German was out of order, yes....... but a bit of perspective here please. Think, have you ever been in a situation where you have acted irrationally....... where you have "snapped" or been over-hasty....... has something petty ever eaten away at your for weeks on end, and your pent up frustration exploded and manifested itself in some silly response? Ok, fair enough - I've never shot anything or been outwardly violent, but I have done things that with hindsight I can see were disprortionate and perhaps harsh........ Germans being Germans, whom I have found to be very direct and to the point, do not tend to "bite the lip" when something is bothering them...... they tend to complain and make their grievence known - I would bet this old geezer complained many times, and not just about the stupid mut pee'ing on the tyres....... and realising how futile it would be to go to the police (since they seem to do nothing about even the most sersious of human rights violations), he just shot the little rat....... so all these stupid sentences that are being prescribed here - please :blink: !!!

There must be more to the story. Wait for Pattaya's finest and their report; after all the article says ....... glamung, Chonburi. The police hurried to the scene.

A friend of mine had a neighbour with 41 (fourty one) canines; one started barking - all barked, every night. Instead of shooting, poisoning or any other thing harming the dogs he just ripped out the neighbours gate by tying a rope around the gate door, attached the other end to his pick-up .... and off he went. The dogs disappeared there, where they came from.

Obviously the German cannot just to and shoot anything but what are the official, legal options? Your neighbour has a dog shitting/pissing/barking all over YOUR place; in all fairness; what can be done if talking fails?

Come on guys - get a grip. Its a poxy dog that the owner did not care for properly (or it would not be "playing outside"), and not they have identified an oportunity to financially exploite the situation.

Yeah, the German guy was out of order discharging a weapon in public - the potential for tragedy there is obvious. So slap a fine on him, give him a warning, and any further wreckless behaviour warrants deportation.

I like dogs, I really do...... but when they run around loose they are a nuisance to society, and moreover a danger, particularly small children. Dogs are afforded too many liberties in society, in general - and the <deleted> that rant and rave about their "dogs rights" are just deluded into some ......I dunno...... wierd place in their minds. I live in a nice muban, in Bangkok....... if I were to decide to open all the doors and windows, turn the music up full, then sit on the front porch and howl at the moon then what would happen? I would first be asked to shut up, then made to shut up...... right? However, a dog can do it all day, all night, and nothing is sad or done "because that is what dogs do"? So in the first instance the dog enjoys the right to make as much noise as it likes, but I as a human do not have that right? And secondly, my liberties are infringed upon (the right to reasonable peace and quiet) by a dog? In both instances, the "rights" of the animal supercede that of a human? That is unacceptable - it is not the animals fault, but the owners. Good dog owners do not let their animals behave in such a way - they control them..... and there are many ways to do that. So, apart from noise polution, which is just a nuisance - when you let them roam freely they are free to deficate wherever and whenever they like. Now really, I don't car if a dog pi$es on my car wheel..... but when they $h!t outside my gate, on the footpath, in the park where my kids play, and so on then they create a serious health risk, as aforementioned. But all these things a petty compared to what a "miniature pincher" could do to a 3-4yr old child if it decided to attack them...... much less what a pitbull, or anything bigger would do...... to any of us.

So the moral of the story here is "get a grip" - the German was out of order, yes....... but a bit of perspective here please. Think, have you ever been in a situation where you have acted irrationally....... where you have "snapped" or been over-hasty....... has something petty ever eaten away at your for weeks on end, and your pent up frustration exploded and manifested itself in some silly response? Ok, fair enough - I've never shot anything or been outwardly violent, but I have done things that with hindsight I can see were disprortionate and perhaps harsh........ Germans being Germans, whom I have found to be very direct and to the point, do not tend to "bite the lip" when something is bothering them...... they tend to complain and make their grievence known - I would bet this old geezer complained many times, and not just about the stupid mut pee'ing on the tyres....... and realising how futile it would be to go to the police (since they seem to do nothing about even the most sersious of human rights violations), he just shot the little rat....... so all these stupid sentences that are being prescribed here - please :blink: !!!

your morals, your story, as you see it

you have the right to state it and i respect that

just as i do, and i say the guy is a cowardly anti social dick who whilst being an anti social dick broke the law, and maybe some child's heart too

if that's OK with you, so be it.

its a measure of the kind of person you are

Edited by sbk
inflammatory comments removed

What a complete tosser, so the dog pissed against the wheel of his scabby old merc, that is what dogs do - piss against tires!!!!! I hope he gets prosecuted to the maximum, tosser!!!!

Shooting the dog for the reason stated is perhaps not fully acceptable, but we do not know the detailed history of it, maybe the German guy complained several times to the dog owner in order to stop this, but the dog owner was not interested in dealing with it, it is unfortunately quite common that dog owners here do not control their animals, as a result many dogs are killed in neighbourhoods, and mainly by Thai's for the nuisance they cause.

Apart from their noisy barking at all hours, they are also roaming around urinating and defecating the pavements and other peoples gardens, the resulting foul smell produces harmful bacteria and attracts insects in large numbers who then spread the harmful bacteria around the entire neighbourhood causing all sorts of health problems for humans.

Thus before recommending a harsh (or any) punishment for the German guy one should first consider the circumstances surrounding it.

Having a firearm, discharging it in public and killing an animal that does not belong to him is circumstance enough, regardless of any "detailed history".!

+1 - Sickening

I like dogs, I really do...... but when they run around loose they are a nuisance to society, and moreover a danger, particularly small children. Dogs are afforded too many liberties in society, in general - and the <deleted> that rant and rave about their "dogs rights" are just deluded into some ......I dunno...... wierd place in their minds. I live in a nice muban, in Bangkok....... if I were to decide to open all the doors and windows, turn the music up full, then sit on the front porch and howl at the moon then what would happen? I would first be asked to shut up, then made to shut up...... right? However, a dog can do it all day, all night, and nothing is sad or done "because that is what dogs do"? So in the first instance the dog enjoys the right to make as much noise as it likes, but I as a human do not have that right? And secondly, my liberties are infringed upon (the right to reasonable peace and quiet) by a dog? In both instances, the "rights" of the animal supercede that of a human? That is unacceptable - it is not the animals fault, but the owners. Good dog owners do not let their animals behave in such a way - they control them..... and there are many ways to do that. So, apart from noise polution, which is just a nuisance - when you let them roam freely they are free to deficate wherever and whenever they like. Now really, I don't car if a dog pi$es on my car wheel..... but when they $h!t outside my gate, on the footpath, in the park where my kids play, and so on then they create a serious health risk, as aforementioned. But all these things a petty compared to what a "miniature pincher" could do to a 3-4yr old child if it decided to attack them...... much less what a pitbull, or anything bigger would do...... to any of us.

just as i do, and i say the guy is a cowardly anti social dick who whilst being an anti social dick broke the law, and maybe some child's heart too

I love animals, all of them. That is why I don't "inprison" them. That is why I don't have a big dog like a golden retriever, locked up in my garden (which is quite big) all day long - because they were bred to run and retrieve, not sit at home and bark! When I retire some day, and move to a rural area, where I can take a dog out regularly etc. then I will have one...... until then. My "morals" are not cluttered with opinions or emotions, per say....... and if you think you can measure a man by a couple of dozen lines of text, then I think you may be over simplifying not just me, but te human psyche. So please keep your narrow mind sanctimonious judgements to your self - while not directly stated, they are clearly implied.

I will juxtapose the preceding paragraph by saying this. By the tone and context of the posts you have put up so far, I doubt very much that you would let your animal run around on the street, where it may be hurt by a passing car or a nutter with a gun, or a pack of soi dogs..... or where it might cause harm to others...... I would infer from same that you care for your pets in a responsible way. And that is my point exactly - the person who owned the dog in question is responsible, and mostly to blame for this incident. In the first instance, if they had maintained proper control of the animal, it would not be running around the street now would it........ Dogs are smart animals, but they are just that..... animals...... they do not have deductive reasoning etc. ..... the owners are supposed to do that on their behalf.

I ask you this - had the old man had a heart attack from the stress of the dog pee'ing on his car, would you have the same level of sympathy for the death of a human, due to the neglegence or indifference of the dog owner - or would you in some way say that the dog had a right to pee there, the owner had the right to let him, and the old man was just over reacting! Answer that, honestly, and then point the finger of judgement as to whom has the moral prioities in order?

I love animals, all of them. That is why I don't "inprison" them. That is why I don't have a big dog like a golden retriever, locked up in my garden (which is quite big) all day long - because they were bred to run and retrieve, not sit at home and bark! When I retire some day, and move to a rural area, where I can take a dog out regularly etc. then I will have one...... until then. My "morals" are not cluttered with opinions or emotions, per say....... and if you think you can measure a man by a couple of dozen lines of text, then I think you may be over simplifying not just me, but te human psyche. So please keep your narrow mind sanctimonious judgements to your self - while not directly stated, they are clearly implied.

I will juxtapose the preceding paragraph by saying this. By the tone and context of the posts you have put up so far, I doubt very much that you would let your animal run around on the street, where it may be hurt by a passing car or a nutter with a gun, or a pack of soi dogs..... or where it might cause harm to others...... I would infer from same that you care for your pets in a responsible way. And that is my point exactly - the person who owned the dog in question is responsible, and mostly to blame for this incident. In the first instance, if they had maintained proper control of the animal, it would not be running around the street now would it........ Dogs are smart animals, but they are just that..... animals...... they do not have deductive reasoning etc. ..... the owners are supposed to do that on their behalf.

I ask you this - had the old man had a heart attack from the stress of the dog pee'ing on his car, would you have the same level of sympathy for the death of a human, due to the neglegence or indifference of the dog owner - or would you in some way say that the dog had a right to pee there, the owner had the right to let him, and the old man was just over reacting! Answer that, honestly, and then point the finger of judgement as to whom has the moral prioities in order?

you ask me to keep my judgements to myself but ask me to respond to yours anyway?

so i will, if the German guy had died of natural causes, however related it was to a dog pissing on his car it might be, why would i care?

i have nothing against Germans, in fact i was very sad to hear that the German polar bear Knut died yesterday aged only 4 years old

personally i find that news infinitely more upsetting

Edited by sbk
inflammatory comments removed

in my opinion the cowards who poison cats and dogs are the lowest form of pond life.............

What about rapists, murderers, child abusers, mass murderers... ?

You should seriously reconsider your values.

Edited by Rimmer
Quote and name calling flame removed

Posts deleted, seems heeding Rimmer's warn is beyond some members' ken so I will reiterate.

Drop the personal attacks, flames, inflammatory posts etc or the next one will earn more than merely a deletion

A leash law might help in Thailand with an animal control department that would pick up the dogs and hold them for a week until the owners come and get them for a small fine. After that the dogs would go up for adoption and if no takers be put to sleep. Its a difficult/costly thing to do but people need to be responsible for their animals to care enough to keep them from harming people, spreading rabies, etc.

Old men who take the law into their own hands perhaps due to a touch of old timer's disease (Alzheimer's) just can't go around shooting animals or people they disapprove of. I believe Thai law is sufficient to deal with him but he may need to be examined for Alzheimer's.

you ask me to keep my judgements to myself but ask me to respond to yours anyway?

so i will, if the German guy had died of natural causes, however related it was to a dog pissing on his car it might be, why would i care?

i have nothing against Germans, in fact i was very sad to hear that the German polar bear Knut died yesterday aged only 4 years old

OK - hats off..... you've made me smile, not frown :) .......... seriously, that's not sarcasm.....

Quits :thumbsup: ???

Interesting though that dog killer gets more attention than the local human victims. Not that I agree to him (got dogs myself), but we have to keep things in perspective. Oh I forgot he's a German, that certainly is a perdest reason for the Brits to condemn 85 Mio people!

I didn't realise that Polar bears were native to Germany.

Are they not native to the Artic?? I find it much more upsetting that he found himself in Germany and not the Artic. He should have been coaxed back to the wild and not kept in the Berlin Zoo.

Surely you as an animal lover would have made your feelings known to the zoo???

Edited by harleyclarkey

By the way a dog repeatedly pi**ing on an alloy wheel will cause it to degrade and lose the air seal/bead. Meaning a new wheel.

I have no idea if this was an annoying yapping dog that drove this guy crazy. I happened to be next door to 2 German shepherds who barked every day all day till the owner came home at night. I felt like shooting them . But then the owner was responsible and not the dogs. The dogs were brought under control. If the lady owner did not then she is the one responsible.

So by the same logic when some nutty dog lover spots him and meters out a jolly good pasting we will all be able to use "a bit of perspective" in our condemnation (or not) of same?

A leash law might help in Thailand with an animal control department that would pick up the dogs and hold them for a week until the owners come and get them for a small fine. After that the dogs would go up for adoption and if no takers be put to sleep. Its a difficult/costly thing to do but people need to be responsible for their animals to care enough to keep them from harming people, spreading rabies, etc.

Old men who take the law into their own hands perhaps due to a touch of old timer's disease (Alzheimer's) just can't go around shooting animals or people they disapprove of. I believe Thai law is sufficient to deal with him but he may need to be examined for Alzheimer's.

I agree, as I have said above, that it the owner who is ultimately responsible for their animals. There is no hope that any police man anywhere in Thailand would bother to answer any complaint about a dog.

Your comments about "old men" and "old timer's disease" are disrespectful and show a total lack of any understanding of this dreadful and debilitating affliction.

Edited by harleyclarkey