German Man Shoots Neighbors Dog

Rimmer

i have nothing against Germans, in fact i was very sad to hear that the German polar bear Knut died yesterday aged only 4 years old

personally i find that news infinitely more upsetting

I didn't realise that Polar bears were native to Germany.

Are they not native to the Artic?? I find it much more upsetting that he found himself in Germany and not the Artic. He should have been coaxed back to the wild and not kept in the Berlin Zoo.

Surely you as an animal lover would have made your feelings known to the zoo???

Sorry MTS...I have you as the poster when in fact it was TIMEKEEPER. I got the quotes mikes up when deleting for my reply!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If being culterally insensitive was a crime many responders to this thread would be doing some serious time.:redcard1: Yes there are Thais who poison dogs but typically that's after dogs biting people-and those bitten calling the bib who tell the dogs owner they must muzzle thier dog and the bib telling them that thier dog could be poisened and they then have no recourese. I have seen this firsthand and have been bit myself. TIT. this is thier country and the dogs/Thais were here before any of us got here......:violin:

I have three dogs......none are allowed outside the gate of my house. unless supervised by me or the better half. So therefore dont piss on property that aint mine...and more to the point they can`t bite anyone either..

There are too many dogs in thailand that run wild snapping at heels and pissing/shitting everywhere..scrounging when eating etc..i love thailand but it would be a lot cleaner if the soi dogs were cleaned up...

The gun does look like an air riffle to me, i had one when a lad and believe me if you use the pointed lead pellets it WILL kill a small animal like that, i shot rabbits, hares and pheasants with a single shot .....wouldn`t do it now though as i like animals too much....but when a lad thats what you did.....

I worked with a guy who hated the local cats and dogs doing their dirty deeds in his flower borders, his method of dealing with them seemed to work...for him.. i will never forget that guy........

I agree with the contents of your posting, re: your last 'para' ... what was the method of this guy, ? let us know please.

i have nothing against Germans, in fact i was very sad to hear that the German polar bear Knut died yesterday aged only 4 years old

personally i find that news infinitely more upsetting

I didn't realise that Polar bears were native to Germany.

Are they not native to the Artic?? I find it much more upsetting that he found himself in Germany and not the Artic. He should have been coaxed back to the wild and not kept in the Berlin Zoo.

Surely you as an animal lover would have made your feelings known to the zoo???

A musical and humourous explanation.

I agree with the contents of your posting, re: your last 'para' ... what was the method of this guy, ? let us know please.

I have deleted that part of the message please do not ask for it to be posted here

Not an airgun, they don't kill a dog from a stomach-hit (barely penetrates skin) nor do they make a loud noise when fired.

A .22 I can believe.

This guy is a complete tosser and deserve whatever he gets coming to him.

are you sure, the wound shown against the finger appears to small to be from a ' proper gun ' , also the gun shown is that of an air rifle ...

my father used to own an air rfile simlar that was powered by gas and the metal air pelets or ball bearings could penertrate into bricks, or even human flesh ( there are many cases of air rifles casusing serious harm to humans, even death if shoot in the right place... )

A .22L isn't a large caliber but enough to kill a small dog with a stomach-hit.

Not an airgun, they don't kill a dog from a stomach-hit (barely penetrates skin) nor do they make a loud noise when fired.

A .22 I can believe.

This guy is a complete tosser and deserve whatever he gets coming to him.

are you sure, the wound shown against the finger appears to small to be from a ' proper gun ' , also the gun shown is that of an air rifle ...

my father used to own an air rfile simlar that was powered by gas and the metal air pelets or ball bearings could penertrate into bricks, or even human flesh ( there are many cases of air rifles casusing serious harm to humans, even death if shoot in the right place... )

A .22L isn't a large caliber but enough to kill a small dog with a stomach-hit.

With the right ammo, a .22L is quite powerful. I used some .22L full metal jacket ammo and the stuff is dangerous up to about a kilometer away.

The gun shown in the news pic is definitely an air rifle of caliber less than .22, a cal .177 I believe.

That would also explain the small wound.

Air rifles can do noise not very different from .22L short ammo (used for training up to 25 meters, to have a chance to kill a human with these, you have to be very close and to aim very well into an eye).

And we still don't know if the projectile really penetrated the dog's skin - there is no blood - or if it died of shock.

you never know here what state of mind somebody is in, can take only a small thing to tip somebody over the edge and this obviously did. the dog owner should have kept her dog indoors and walked it on the leash. piss after all is corrosive. always respect other people property

you never know here what state of mind somebody is in, can take only a small thing to tip somebody over the edge and this obviously did. the dog owner should have kept her dog indoors and walked it on the leash. piss after all is corrosive. always respect other people property

Right. My alloy on my Shogun is shagged because a dog piss*d on it and over time degraded the alloy thus breaking the sealing bead. No bead...flat type. Maybe I should connect the wheel to the live battery terminal??

I think that the guy probably didn't mean to actually kill the dog due to ( maybe ) being aware of the following palava, as said, its quite improbable to have killed the mut with the air rifle. Not really on shooting any gun in public though is it?

So in view of that I have to say it was a bloody good shot, well done or commiserations. Depending on your sentiments.

Just glad it wasn't my kid peeing on his crap car.