How Much Is Concrete In Thailand

haveaniceday

6 months ago I was paying 1620 or 1690 baht per cu.m. for a full mixer lorry load in semi-rural Issaan. 1620 for lower grade, 1700 for higher. Use was for driveway, although I did not get the impression there was any range other than the two qualities, whatever the use.

Costs will vary slightly by region and distance from depot I believe. Just follow the mixer lorries and pop in with your Thai other to enquire (or let your Thai other pop in if you fear being charged a falang premium). I went in (CPC depot) and they pointed to prices on the wall, so you need not assume you will be ripped off.

Edited by SantiSuk

1700 is a good ballpark number to use.

Full truck loads versus smaller loads may alter the price. CPAC in my area requires at least 3 cu mtrs to get the delivered price. They will not deliver less. Some other companies will charge a truck and fuel cost plus the concrete for loads smaller than 3.

Most delivered concrete starts at about 1500 per meter for 240 stng mix. Some companies will give small discount for larger quantities.

Full truck loads versus smaller loads may alter the price. CPAC in my area requires at least 3 cu mtrs to get the delivered price. They will not deliver less. Some other companies will charge a truck and fuel cost plus the concrete for loads smaller than 3.

Most delivered concrete starts at about 1500 per meter for 240 stng mix. Some companies will give small discount for larger quantities.

1600 for 240, 1900 for 280, 2200 for 280 waterproof (ganzum). ad for concrete pump quality. All CPAC prices. Huge quantities can give you a very small discount, but first of all registering as large quantity buyer gets you one m3 delivery at same price as large truck 4-5 m3

be aware of cheating quality from other suppliers, done sylindertests where purchased 240 has been 150

1600 for 240, 1900 for 280, 2200 for 280 waterproof (ganzum). ad for concrete pump quality. All CPAC prices. Huge quantities can give you a very small discount, but first of all registering as large quantity buyer gets you one m3 delivery at same price as large truck 4-5 m3

be aware of cheating quality from other suppliers, done sylindertests where purchased 240 has been 150

Now that`s cool. Could you describe where one purchases this cylinder and how they do the test

Now that`s cool. Could you describe where one purchases this cylinder and how they do the test

sorry, no. I hired an engineer employed at Tessabaan to assist in qualitycontrol, and as they where building their new 4 storey office building at the same time, they did daily concrete tests anyway. We both had to drop small less expensive concrete suppliers as quality was not on par with CPAC. Fortunately discoverd when pouring the driveways.:)

Testing can also be done with acid

Our contract is for 113,000 m3 and the prices are much the same as you quote, it's all to do with the cement cartel which fixes prices, the only thing you can do to make it cheaper is use less cement or substitute some cement for fly ash.

• 1 month later...

Cylinder tests: are standard QA/QC procedure. They pour a handful of small cylinders of the concrete for each batch that arrives & log it in w/ the batch number from the batch's mill tag. These are compressed at a lab at time intervals til failure so as to confirm the actual design strength of the batch. Even if the mix at the plant is up to snuff, often the concrete truck will water down the mix when caught in traffic. Concrete strength is directly proportional to the amount of water in the mix. Also, if you're getting trucks arriving onsite past 1.5 hours from the mill tag time stamp, the concrete is beginning to 'set up,' and the load should be rejected.