Benadryl Antihistamine

annabel

I have looked in all the pharmaceutical shops in and around Hand Dong Road including the ones in Big C, also in Wararoot Market area and they all only have the Syrup to treat colds which is not what I need .. I need the antihistamin tablets for allergies ... anybody have any idea as to where in Chiang Mai I may find some.....?? Must have only Diphenhydramine as an ingredient ..... nothing else and don't want a substitute ...only Benadryl..

This is a translated Thai web page. What this means to me is that either branded benadryl or the active chemical Diphenhydramine is available in Thailand. I assume you are from the US/Canada as benadryl uses a different chemical in the UK.

Most any pharmacist will look up the chemical in their Thailand meds book and be able to tell you the name it is sold under in Thailand, if it is. Keep trying.

Diphenhydramine.

1. As well as chlorinated Perfect Nirar Min. Especially in the treatment of hives will be successful.

2. Stop cough For dry cough.

3. Used to cure nausea, vomiting, morning sickness carsick or seasick.

4. The symptoms tongue hard to solve a stiff jaw from medication side effects Eamod Cole Wed mold Mind.

Drug samples.

Capsules 25 mg and 50 mg

Liquid 12.5 mg per teaspoon.

Injection 10 mg per ml

Trade names such as Bae Na Lynch (Benadryl).

Dosage and use

To 50 mg per adult per day, 3-4 times as much, if allergic to size 10-50 mg intramuscular injection or

Intravenous.

Children 5 mg per day per 1 kg body weight divided by 4 times the body weight or below.

Less than 8 kg per 1 / 2 tsp.

8-12 kg per 1 tsp.

13-17 kg per 1 1 / 2 tsp.

18-24 kg per 2 teaspoons (1 capsule with 25 mg tablets).

25-35 kg per 3 teaspoons (25 mg capsule size 1 1 / 2 tablets).

Over 35 kg dose as adults.

Should be given 3-4 times daily after meals and at bedtime.

Injection of 1-7 years old 10-15 mg per injection, aged 7-12 years 20-25 mg per injection

Side effect

- This medicine may cause drowsiness, dry mouth numbness shake edgy

- May result in sticky mucus.

- Children if the size is too large. May cause insomnia, or seizures can.

Caution.

1. Often confused cause drowsiness, dizziness, blurry boat driver who drove or worked on machinery should be careful in

If this therapy was sleepy. To stop these activities until all drug

2. May be parched mouth tremble appetite, low blood pressure, irritability, or drug allergy.

3. The children if the size is too large. May cause insomnia. Restless or have seizures.

4. Should be carefully used in patients with glaucoma, prostatic hyperplasia.

5. Avoid the use of this medication with sleeping pills, tranquilizer Or alcohol It will enhance the drowsiness effect.

More.

6. This drug may make sticky mucus, the hard drive should not be used in patients with cough with phlegm, such as bronchitis

Pneumonia asthma

Prohibited use

People with asthma exacerbation, newborns, premature infants, women who are breastfeeding.

Edited by Jingthing

Annabel, my first reaction in seeing this post was to assume you were a troll who posting something a little smarter than "where can I find aspirin" in response to the fiber drink thread. But, I know your posting history and can only assume you're serious. I keep benadryl tablets on hand because I'm mildly allergic to ant bites (if I receive more than one or two bites from the kitchen ants). I bought mine at the pharmacy next to Boots in KSK. I hate the stuff; I try to avoid taking it because it means all I'm going to do for the rest of the day is sleep. But, if I somehow get a dozen ant bites, it's essential.

Wow, well thank you everybody for your help .... Guess I was just looking in the wrong places ...?? Really I must have tried at least 8 places between Hang Dong and the Wararoot area and they all wanted to sell me the cough syrup ... Anyway thanks and will check out the Mae Jo Rimping market

However NancyL I have no idea what you are talking about or why you even posted such comments as.... " Annabel, my first reaction in seeing this post was to assume you were a troll who posting something a little smarter than "where can I find aspirin" in response to the fiber drink thread. But, I know your posting history and can only assume you're serious"

Anyway I'll just be a troll again and assume you were being kind

I've found it at literally every pharmacy I've ever asked. It is very common here.

Wow, well thank you everybody for your help .... Guess I was just looking in the wrong places ...?? Really I must have tried at least 8 places between Hang Dong and the Wararoot area and they all wanted to sell me the cough syrup ... Anyway thanks and will check out the Mae Jo Rimping market

However NancyL I have no idea what you are talking about or why you even posted such comments as.... " Annabel, my first reaction in seeing this post was to assume you were a troll who posting something a little smarter than "where can I find aspirin" in response to the fiber drink thread. But, I know your posting history and can only assume you're serious"

Anyway I'll just be a troll again and assume you were being kind

I've found it at literally every pharmacy I've ever asked. It is very common here.

You may have difficulty finding the McNeil brand product "Benadryl" It's been around since the 1940's so it is manufactured generically by hundreds of manufacturers world-wide. Just ask for Diphenhydramine 25 or 50 mg. They all stock it.

Annabel, I'm sorry. It wasn't my intention to insult. At first I was going to ignore this thread, because sometimes TV members get feed up with people starting threads like "where to find this" or "where to find that" and create a fake thread about where to find something that is readily available. Some TV members are known for doing this trolling frequently. When I saw your topic, my first assumption was that it was a troll until I saw that you started the thread and you certainly don't have a reputation for asking obvious questions. That's why I answered in pointing out that the generic version of benadryl tablets are available in just about every pharmacy here. If you want a product with the brand name benadryl, then you probably are going to be given cough syrup.

No problem NancyL..... and I agree many of the "where to buy" threads are :whistling: ... but I clearly said in my post that I looked around and was only offered Benadryl cough syrup and that I don't want any substitutes (especially locally produced ones) .... Yes of course I have been offered the other generic versions but as I said I want Benadryl ... so I guess they don't import the Canadian / American one and will have to try one of the substitutes .... Thanks again

Annabel, I'm sorry. It wasn't my intention to insult. At first I was going to ignore this thread, because sometimes TV members get feed up with people starting threads like "where to find this" or "where to find that" and create a fake thread about where to find something that is readily available. Some TV members are known for doing this trolling frequently. When I saw your topic, my first assumption was that it was a troll until I saw that you started the thread and you certainly don't have a reputation for asking obvious questions. That's why I answered in pointing out that the generic version of benadryl tablets are available in just about every pharmacy here. If you want a product with the brand name benadryl, then you probably are going to be given cough syrup.

Annabel, if you want something that is labeled benadryl brand, would the cough syprup work? I seem to recall one formulation that is just benadryl, that doesn't have any other additives. That's what I used for my ant bite problem when we first got here and all I knew was to ask for benadryl. Now I use a generic tablet that is very cheap, but it's locally produced, which may not be what you want.

Annabel, if you want something that is labeled Benadryl brand... Now I use a generic tablet that is very cheap, but it's locally produced, which may not be what you want.

Why not? Diphenhydramine is Diphenhydramine. That would be like saying that you only will take Aspirin tablets manufactured by the German firm Bayer because they invented it. Some of these drugs have been around for 50-100 years and the exact same formulas are manufactured at factories around the world. There are many reputable drug companies in Thailand that manufacture the common drugs.

Because even if the medication has the same generic name it doesn't mean it was processed the same way and can be quite different and have different side effects

See below

[/url]

Contacting pharmaceutical companies

If you are going to contact a pharmaceutical company to either discuss a medicine, or report a suspected adverse event, to ensure that you receive complete and accurate information, please make sure that you contact the company that is the Marketing Authorisation (MA) holder (or the local/ country representative) of the medicine that you are actually using.

Often several companies will hold MAs for the same medicine, and the Summary of Product Characteristics (known as SPCs or SmPCs) may differ. The information in a company SPC relates specifically to that company's product and it cannot be assumed that it is applicable to a product from any other company. For example the medicines may have different excipients/ formulations or licensed indications/ contraindications for use. Accessing information inappropriately may have implications for patient safety and care should be taken to confirm that the correct source is used.

Details of the Marketing Authorisation Holder are stated on the product packaging and in the Patient Information Leaflet provided with the product. Please check these details before you contact the company. You will then know that you are getting the correct information for the specific medicine.

• 1 year later...

I'm a new member so please excuse me if i breach some forum protocol.

I can understand the poster's concern and wanting only the brand name. I've heard of cases where the generic really wasn't the generic after all. I've used the generic benadryl in the US, and have never had problems. So i would encourage the poster to try the generic, while looking for the brand name product. Yep, I agree about the syrup, it sucks and tastes like crap. But if i had a bad insect bite, and it was my only option, i'd do it. Still, i'd much rather have the pills.

And thanks for this post. I was about to get my friends to send me some benadryl and advil. I just cant seem to find any here. I even go to the pharmacy with my Thai friends, who does the translation for me. The pharmacist looks at me like i'm asking for a left handed smoke shifter. (if you dont know, you dont wanna know and consider yourself lucky!)

I think i'll get some sent to me anyways, while still looking for a local source.

Thanks for the post :) You expat veterans maybe tired of this type of post, but for people like myself (newbies) its a lifesaver.

out

Because even if the medication has the same generic name it doesn't mean it was processed the same way and can be quite different and have different side effects

See below

Contacting pharmaceutical companies

If you are going to contact a pharmaceutical company to either discuss a medicine, or report a suspected adverse event, to ensure that you receive complete and accurate information, please make sure that you contact the company that is the Marketing Authorisation (MA) holder (or the local/ country representative) of the medicine that you are actually using.

Often several companies will hold MAs for the same medicine, and the Summary of Product Characteristics (known as SPCs or SmPCs) may differ. The information in a company SPC relates specifically to that company's product and it cannot be assumed that it is applicable to a product from any other company. For example the medicines may have different excipients/ formulations or licensed indications/ contraindications for use. Accessing information inappropriately may have implications for patient safety and care should be taken to confirm that the correct source is used.

Details of the Marketing Authorisation Holder are stated on the product packaging and in the Patient Information Leaflet provided with the product. Please check these details before you contact the company. You will then know that you are getting the correct information for the specific medicine.

Annabel, if you want something that is labeled Benadryl brand... Now I use a generic tablet that is very cheap, but it's locally produced, which may not be what you want.

Why not? Diphenhydramine is Diphenhydramine. That would be like saying that you only will take Aspirin tablets manufactured by the German firm Bayer because they invented it. Some of these drugs have been around for 50-100 years and the exact same formulas are manufactured at factories around the world. There are many reputable drug companies in Thailand that manufacture the common drugs.

well, in speaking with the pharmacist (at rimping raumchok), she has explained a lot of things to me about manufacture of "generic" drugs that sell in thailand. She is extremely knowledgeable and articulate.

She has told me there IS a difference in (say) Tylenol (acetaminophen) made for inexpensive thai distribution and the Tylenol made/marketed in USA. She can give fairly good detail on manufacture details/differences on several drugs i have asked her about.

SO... if you are really interested in the difference, perhaps you want to stop by and have a chat with her (she LOVES to talk!)

I disagree with the above post (not the poster but what he was told). For example: 500 Mg. of acetaminophen (paracetamol) whether it is manufactured in a factory here in Thailand or a factory in Europe or America, is still 500 mg. of paracetamol. There are some factories here in Thailand that distribute to the government hospitals and clinics, etc. low cost products that use low-quality, cheap ingredients and therefore the pills may begin to disintegrate and break apart, etc. in 2 years time or something like that but they are still 500 Mg. of acetaminophen per dose. Thailand has some excellent factories manufacturing generic equivalents of name-brand drugs. Any pharmacist/supplier that has been around for a while knows which are good and which are bad brand names. Word gets around fast and like anything else, there are many Internet forums for pharmacists in Thailand where they discuss this ad naseum. Some of the labs making the cheapos/poor quality have contracts to supply the government only.

i buy it at many different places... mainly at the pharmacy by rimping market, raum chok, the lady that speak english, across from the new micky d's (mcdonalds).

A friend was telling me that she prety well knows all the products and there properties. She will even be abble to tell you about the cheap brands. Some of them are as good and even better than the name brands.

An old topic, but regards the cough syrup Benadryl (the one that tastes good rolleyes.gif), AFAIK it has been pulled due to druggies mining it for pseudo.

Still available, bought some 2 days ago. It's a antihistamine not a decongestant. Anything containing pseudoephedrine was pulled.

I disagree with the above post (not the poster but what he was told). For example: 500 Mg. of acetaminophen (paracetamol) whether it is manufactured in a factory here in Thailand or a factory in Europe or America, is still 500 mg. of paracetamol. There are some factories here in Thailand that distribute to the government hospitals and clinics, etc. low cost products that use low-quality, cheap ingredients and therefore the pills may begin to disintegrate and break apart, etc. in 2 years time or something like that but they are still 500 Mg. of acetaminophen per dose. Thailand has some excellent factories manufacturing generic equivalents of name-brand drugs. Any pharmacist/supplier that has been around for a while knows which are good and which are bad brand names. Word gets around fast and like anything else, there are many Internet forums for pharmacists in Thailand where they discuss this ad naseum. Some of the labs making the cheapos/poor quality have contracts to supply the government only.

i will not try and give half remembered details and possibly dig myself a hole... go to the above mentioned store, talk to the pharmacist and listen to her well informed reply... you might rethink some of what you say.

An old topic, but regards the cough syrup Benadryl (the one that tastes good), AFAIK it has been pulled due to druggies mining it for pseudo.

Still available, bought some 2 days ago. It's a antihistamine not a decongestant. Anything containing pseudoephedrine was pulled.

Yeah, realise that as Clarinase was pulled last year, which is, incidentally, an antihistamine (Claritin) that also has pseudo in it to tackle congestion. One of the Benadryl family does have pseudo in it (perhaps the nasal one) which led me to believe it was why they pulled them. Have been to many pharmacies recently that I've used in the past and they no longer stock the cough syrup (one place confirming because the gov' just pulled it off the shelves), so perhaps the 'druggies' are dosing up on the diphenhydramine?

Incidentally, where did you find it? Goes well with a coffee when one is under the weather.whistling.gif

An old topic, but regards the cough syrup Benadryl (the one that tastes good), AFAIK it has been pulled due to druggies mining it for pseudo.

Yeah, realise that as Clarinase was pulled last year, which is, incidentally, an antihistamine (Claritin) that also has pseudo in it to tackle congestion. One of the Benadryl family does have pseudo in it (perhaps the nasal one) which led me to believe it was why they pulled them. Have been to many pharmacies recently that I've used in the past and they no longer stock the cough syrup (one place confirming because the gov' just pulled it off the shelves), so perhaps the 'druggies' are dosing up on the diphenhydramine?

Incidentally, where did you find it? Goes well with a coffee when one is under the weather.whistling.gif

Maybe I misunderstood you in the other post. I bought straight Benadryl which is available everywhere. You could be right that there was also a formula containing pseudo, cough suppressant, etc. as well as a children's formula and of course if they contained pseudo they would have been pulled. But Benadryl capsules are still available. I bought them at the larger of the 2 pharmacies on the ground floor of KSK about 2 days ago.

I usually go to PharmaChoice at Kad Suan Kaew and have seen both capsule and tablets here. I did not ask to see the bottles there. They basically ask how many I want and give it to me. It is pretty cheap. I think there is a PharmaChoice on Hang Dong a few doors up from Tesco Lotus.