Car Price Difference Samui/Bangkok

My land lord brings trucks, cars down from BKK and flips them here, my guess is he's making a reasonable profit on this, on average seems to sell one every month or 6 weeks... here on Samui (he offers me a good discount if I wanted to buy, which I don't!) so he's got a lot of play there... obviously.

I think a case of knowing your prices and places to buy in BKK .... There are probably "wholesale" dealers" up there, you'd probably need to know people who are connected to get ...

My guess is you would get more money here.

Even hopping over to Surat Thani will save you a good lump of money. BKK will probably offer you a better PX and be more open to doing a deal than on Samui. Plus it gives you the excuse, if needed to have a trip to BKK ;)

if you google toyoata thailand there is a price list on there, dont know if this is rigid or dealers get special terms, mine came from up north and we did get a lot of extras added which samui wouls not do, as in running boards the black lining in th epick part of the car, tinted glass as in the film, few other bits and bobs. i found the Toyata dealer on Samui a complete waste of time the sales girl thought ABS was something to do with steering with s meaning steering. prity girl but not a clue about the product she was selling. i took the car to have a little job done on it same girl said they could not do there little shop down the raod could do it, gave her 500 went down it was to take film of windscreen, hair dryer, stanly knife off 2-3 mins. i compalined to toyota bangkok. manager from Surat straight over to apologise.

if you google toyoata thailand there is a price list on there, dont know if this is rigid or dealers get special terms, mine came from up north and we did get a lot of extras added which samui wouls not do, as in running boards the black lining in th epick part of the car, tinted glass as in the film, few other bits and bobs. i found the Toyata dealer on Samui a complete waste of time the sales girl thought ABS was something to do with steering with s meaning steering. prity girl but not a clue about the product she was selling. i took the car to have a little job done on it same girl said they could not do there little shop down the raod could do it, gave her 500 went down it was to take film of windscreen, hair dryer, stanly knife off 2-3 mins. i compalined to toyota bangkok. manager from Surat straight over to apologise.

Sorry but in the last half of your post you've lost me

Carmine, If you read the post carefully Nalaka is saying what a complete waste Toyota is on Samui and this is from the sales girl to the manager. I've some serious business at the moment that I'm trying to sort out on a vehicle that's sitting waiting to be delivered to me it's been there 3 weeks and this is a cash deal. A few e-mail have been sent to Bkk Toyota.

i proably spend to much time in chat rooms and take to many short cuts, the last part is i took my new car purchased at a dealer else where, i did not like the tinted stip across the top of the windscreen, i took the car to toyota in Samui and said could it be removed, i expected it to be a difficult job. my first contact was the sales girl out front so wife asked her about getting taken off, the sales girl said toyota dealership could not do it, but her friends down the road had the equipment and i should give her 500 baht and she would call them. so i did, i went to the tiny shop and the special tool was a hairdryer to heat the film and thin knife and peeled it off. i had been conned and new full well a toyota dealer should never send away a customer to a non toyota dealer. such things can loose them there franchise. still toyota did make the call to surat which is the same owner and GM came to Samui to straighten out the young lady and apologise to me.

i now use a toyota dealer in Pattaya and the service is way way better.

Edited by NALAK

i proably spend to much time in chat rooms and take to many short cuts, the last part is i took my new car purchased at a dealer else where, i did not like the tinted stip across the top of the windscreen, i took the car to toyota in Samui and said could it be removed, i expected it to be a difficult job. my first contact was the sales girl out front so wife asked her about getting taken off, the sales girl said toyota dealership could not do it, but her friends down the road had the equipment and i should give her 500 baht and she would call them. so i did, i went to the tiny shop and the special tool was a hairdryer to heat the film and thin knife and peeled it off. i had been conned and new full well a toyota dealer should never send away a customer to a non toyota dealer. such things can loose them there franchise. still toyota did make the call to surat which is the same owner and GM came to Samui to straighten out the young lady and apologise to me.

i now use a toyota dealer in Pattaya and the service is way way better.

Cheers guys, a big reason for my original question about purchasing off the island and maybe Bangkok is because of Toyota Samui,

my opinion is their a bunch of c***s and don't know what they are doing,

I have had several experiences with them regards my fortuner, all bad, including, the warning light came on about the deisel filter needing attention, went across

the island and visited them, "ahh need service, book in for monday" so monday comes, wifey drives back to Toyota (opposite side if the island for us),

same stupid mechanic came out "ahh not need service for 2000km" wifey enquires about the light being on regards said deisel filter, "ahh can fix"

he then proceeded to <deleted> the filter with a hammer and off went the light.

I have a couple more bad instances but same as the filter, nothing dramatic but right bloody anoying, when I originally bought the car, there atitude was,

pretty much, well you buy it here or your gonna struggle, stupid farang with big money.

Edited by starcandle