Weight Plates 50Mm

robblok

I need to buy some weight plates. I got 2,5 kg ones and up. But i need plates below the 2,5 kg perferably 1,25 or less. They have to have a 50mm hole. (olympic bar)

Does anyone have any idea's. I have called Jackies fitness but they dont have them in stock.

Bear in mind im not talking about the average weight plates as they have a 30mm hole.

Im in BKK

Edited by robblok

Hi Rob,

did you try GYMWARE dot com

they have them and they are located in BKK!

regards

markus

Thanks, i will look there. I need small weights because i have to increase the weight im lifting every week. I dont want to do that with 5 kg because im not sure i can do that as i am already close to my personal best with bench press.

I think your best bet would be to get some 30mm 1.5 kg plates and take em to a machine shop to get the holes bored out. you will lose a little weight, but those little weights are quite cheap so you can get extra ones.

You can get the little plates at most super sports.

Make sure it is a real machine shop though, not just a welding shop (those guys will bugger it up)

I think your best bet would be to get some 30mm 1.5 kg plates and take em to a machine shop to get the holes bored out. you will lose a little weight, but those little weights are quite cheap so you can get extra ones.

Make sure it is a real machine shop though, not just a welding shop (those guys will bugger it up)

I got plenty of those 1.5 30mm plates. I did think about it but just like you said i was worried they would not be able to do it. Its not really the weights just need something less then 2,5kg because a 5 kg increment on my benchpress every week would certainly not be sustainable.

I got plenty of those 1.5 30mm plates. I did think about it but just like you said i was worried they would not be able to do it. Its not really the weights just need something less then 2,5kg because a 5 kg increment on my benchpress every week would certainly not be sustainable.

Even in Ubon there are loads of machine shops dotted around. good idea from Canuck. :)

Just check out gymware,i had a look and they have small 50mm plates.

Im going to check them out for sure. Im feeling sore all over this new thing is hard. But i have to increment my lifts every week. With my smallest plates that i have that would be a 5kg increment. No way that i will be able to do that. So i need at least 1,25 maybe even less.

I finally went to gymware. The owner speaks perfect English and has his own workshop. You can order there what you want and he will make it. I am quite happy he is a professional. I wish i had known about him earlier before i bought some of my other stuff.

Rob u don't strike me as a guy who would use such heavy weights for squatting? ;)

Yea i know but you are partly right my squat sucks. Never did it much before moving to Thailand and recently found out i was doing it totally wrong (form). Anyway doing only 75 kg 5 x 5 but will manage increasing that with 5 kg a week. The problem was more with my bench press (favorite exercise) 110 5 x 5 but wont be able to increase that with 5 kg every week (how i wish). But for the schedule its needed to increase mandatory even so i looked for smaller weights.

Rob u don't strike me as a guy who would use such heavy weights for squatting? ;)

Yea i know but you are partly right my squat sucks. Never did it much before moving to Thailand and recently found out i was doing it totally wrong (form). Anyway doing only 75 kg 5 x 5 but will manage increasing that with 5 kg a week. The problem was more with my bench press (favorite exercise) 110 5 x 5 but wont be able to increase that with 5 kg every week (how i wish). But for the schedule its needed to increase mandatory even so i looked for smaller weights.

You're the opposite of me, At my best I was squatting 200kg but my bench was only 80kg.

But that was ten years ago. Strong legs, sad chest.

I finally went to gymware. The owner speaks perfect English and has his own workshop. You can order there what you want and he will make it. I am quite happy he is a professional. I wish i had known about him earlier before i bought some of my other stuff.

Cool, keep pumping. :)

Have a Sports Uni near me, but outsiders can use the stuff for 50bht a session, long as you like, and have all the good machines and weight set ups. Unfortunately age is catching up with me, if l had a local chum with some motivation then l think l would keep at it. :)

You're the opposite of me, At my best I was squatting 200kg but my bench was only 80kg.

80kg (180lb) is a cool press. :)

Yes there will always be opposites. Now im doing squats that go to or below parallel. Read 70 pages of Mark Rippetoe on how to do squat and it has helped a lot. Before i did more weight (will ad more for sure later) but had to have board below my heels and did not go as deep. 2 times that gave me a minor back injury. Now when i do it it goes quite well feel much more stable. Squat is a great exercise for the body.

Have a Sports Uni near me, but outsiders can use the stuff for 50bht a session, long as you like, and have all the good machines and weight set ups. Unfortunately age is catching up with me, if l had a local chum with some motivation then l think l would keep at it. :)

Weight lifting is great for the bones. Just have to be a bit careful. But when your form is good not many things can go wrong. But motivation is always a killer i have had my off times too usually after my parents visit. (hard to get back into it) And in Holland i had a 10 year period i was off. You can always get back.

Weight lifting is great for the bones. Just have to be a bit careful. But when your form is good not many things can go wrong. But motivation is always a killer i have had my off times too usually after my parents visit. (hard to get back into it) And in Holland i had a 10 year period i was off. You can always get back.

Yeh, agree. Unfortunately for me l had the onset of Psiratic Arthritis in UK which meant lots of pain, drugs and no more training..Came to LOS, no more drugs (heat) and started again, cool, but as you know, a chum to give you motivation is essential to our sport. :)

Yes there will always be opposites. Now im doing squats that go to or below parallel. Read 70 pages of Mark Rippetoe on how to do squat and it has helped a lot. Before i did more weight (will ad more for sure later) but had to have board below my heels and did not go as deep. 2 times that gave me a minor back injury. Now when i do it it goes quite well feel much more stable. Squat is a great exercise for the body.

Thanks for for book tip, I will look for it, recently I have begun pushing weights again.

Squats scare me a bit now because I don't have a good setup at home and my wife is the spotter.

Edited by canuckamuck

Thanks for for book tip, I will look for it, recently I have begun pushing weights again.

Squats scare me a bit now because I don't have a good setup at home and my wife is the spotter.

I got a powerrack (they are not that expensive but you need to have some room) So i don't need a spotter. Its a great thing to have and quite safe. If you get back in lifting actually you only have to do 3 exercises

With some warmup sets

squat 5 x 5

Benchpress 5 x 5

Deadlifts 5 x5

A powerrack and olympic barbell with weights are available from 18.000 or so maybe less not sure depends on the weight.

As for books

starting strength 2nd edition (Mark Rippetoe & Lon Kilgore)

practical programming for strength training (Mark Rippetoe & Lon Kilgore)

Both great books the first is all about form and the second is all about how to train and progress

Got them by amazon.

If you ever consider a power rack think gymware. They make everything themselves.

a link with some pictures of the power rakc

Edited by robblok