THAI Says Its Tickets From Japan Not Overpriced

webfact

THAI says its tickets from Japan not overpriced

By The Nation

30151264-01.jpg

Thai Airways International insists that it charges a single price for a oneway ticket from Japan to Thailand, Bt16,000 inclusive of all surcharges. With the tickets, Thai citizens can board THAI planes from any of the country's five international airports - Narita, Haneda, Osaka, Nagoya and Fukuoka.

Until April 30, passengers with tickets scheduled for flights during March 11April 30 can change travel dates free of charge.

Some passengers have complained that in the aftermath of the crisis in Japan, THAI tickets from Japan were overpriced. In a statement, THAI president Piyasvasti Amranand said that as a costmanagement procedure, airlines normally allocated a certain number of seats for a certain price. Prices depend on the gap between booking and travelling dates and traffic during the specified travelling date.

For booking during a heavytraffic period, the system will automatically confirm a seat with high prices. Moreover, when buying a ticket from a country that is not the starting point of a journey, the prices tend to be higher.

The special price for Thai citizens was announced on Thursday after confirmation of radiation leaks from a nuclear plant damaged by last week's earthquake.

THAI said that about 20 per cent of seats for flights from Japan from now through March 31 were available.

For the special fares, Thai citizens are invited to contact its Japan Call Centres at +81335033311; Osaka +81662025161; Nagoya +81529638585; Fukuoka +81927346413; agents +8135 5507210, +8133 5621631 and +8135 4706175, or go to www.thaiairways.com.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-03-19

there are many other airlines to choose from - so complaining about thai is strange.

they capped their fare to 16k one way, and, I believe, there are special fares for thai citizens (probably financed by the government).

up to now not many thai wanted to come back home, a few days ago was quoted only 200 came forward.

with the situation worsening (uncertain nuclear fallout), many more would like to come, and this same time much less traffic to japan and airline will have to cover empty airmiles

Edited by londonthai

there are many other airlines to choose from - so complaining about thai is strange.

they capped their fare to 16k one way, and, I believe, there are special fares for thai citizens (probably financed by the government).

up to now not many thai wanted to come back home, a few days ago was quoted only 200 came forward.

with the situation worsening (uncertain nuclear fallout), many more would like to come, and this same time much less traffic to japan and airline will have to cover empty airmiles

Thai you say 32,000 baht is not overpriced 55555555555555 you are always joking. If you had all new aircraft you would still be overpriced. Travelling in old CRATES at top prices is not on. Your aircraft in general were old 10 years ago. If I get on a clapped out old bus, I expect to pay old prices--yes lower fares for lower class planes. for 32,000 bht people can get a ticket to ENGLAND in new aircraft.........If for instance Air Asia can sell from Udon to BKK-for 200 bht- and up on promotion. why is thai selling for over 4000 bht return. That airline has lost it's way, amazingly it still gets by with some loyal passengers.

Compare the travel time Thai to Tokyo. in hours flying, ===and say Emirates/Etihad to London in hours flying..same return fare..

Thai you say 32,000 baht is not overpriced 55555555555555 you are always joking. If you had all new aircraft you would still be overpriced. Travelling in old CRATES at top prices is not on. Your aircraft in general were old 10 years ago. If I get on a clapped out old bus, I expect to pay old prices--yes lower fares for lower class planes. for 32,000 bht people can get a ticket to ENGLAND in new aircraft.........If for instance Air Asia can sell from Udon to BKK-for 200 bht- and up on promotion. why is thai selling for over 4000 bht return. That airline has lost it's way, amazingly it still gets by with some loyal passengers.

Compare the travel time Thai to Tokyo. in hours flying, ===and say Emirates/Etihad to London in hours flying..same return fare..

Someone else who does not understand aviation. First, please read the cost is 16,000 Baht - not 32,000 Baht - for 1 way (obviously a return ticket is cheaper). Second, nobody is forcing you to fly Thai, fly another airline why moan about it !

A one way ticket Tokyo to Bkk for tomorrow on Thais web site is 46,950 baht.:cheesy:

Just one word for it "CRIMINAL" one thing forsure, these a/holes will never miss the opportunity to scam. If I show my Thai driving licence can I get it for Thai price? I have only flown Thai once, that was in an 747 scrap heap. Never again.

jb1

Someone else who does not understand aviation. First, please read the cost is 16,000 Baht - not 32,000 Baht - for 1 way (obviously a return ticket is cheaper). Second, nobody is forcing you to fly Thai, fly another airline why moan about it !

I certainly do understand--You say a return ticket is cheaper---HA 55555555 not always. I READ 16,000 I"m not stupid--I doubled up. to fare compare--with a return ticket, approx. and then compare with other airlines. I notice you didn't read, re Air Asia bit---because you don't want to Know-in denial. THAI ARE EXPENSIVE wherever you fly--with crap age old aircraft-----yes I do undertand aviation--from the dc.4...to the A180. dont cloud my pretty true info on Thai being expensive with NOT reading my post properly. As for choice--yes it;s my money, in the old days I swore by Thai -not now-the reason explained. I fly ETIHAD at a GOOD fare, in new aircraft, not Thai in old.. You stick with them if your happy, good for you if your comfortable with that. I am NOT moaning as you put it---silly remark,-- I'm criticising the over pricing on most of their routes---can you understand that please.

Edited by ginjag

I certainly do understand--You say a return ticket is cheaper---HA 55555555 not always. I READ 16,000 I"m not stupid--I doubled up. to fare compare--with a return ticket, approx. and then compare with other airlines. I notice you didn't read, re Air Asia bit---because you don't want to Know-in denial. THAI ARE EXPENSIVE wherever you fly--with crap age old aircraft-----yes I do undertand aviation--from the dc.4...to the A180. dont cloud my pretty true info on Thai being expensive with NOT reading my post properly. As for choice--yes it;s my money, in the old days I swore by Thai -not now-the reason explained. I fly ETIHAD at a GOOD fare, in new aircraft, not Thai in old.. You stick with them if your happy, good for you if your comfortable with that. I am NOT moaning as you put it---silly remark,-- I'm criticising the over pricing on most of their routes---can you understand that please.

A one way ticket is usually considerably more than half the price of a return ticket. So doubling the price of a one-way ticket is not valid.

Why is the age of the aircraft important? Either they receive proper maintenance and are just as safe as newer aircraft, or they don't and shouldn't be flying at all.

If it isn't a safety issue, then it is it a comfort issue? Does THAI have (especially) uncomfortable seats and bad food? Are their pilots inept? If that's the case then it doesn't mean the ticket should be cheaper, it means the inept pilots should be grounded, right?

My understanding of aviation is that something is either good enough or it doesn't fly. That's why no-one is selling tickets for standing room on a converted bomber with no air hostesses flown by a tuk-tuk driver for B190 round trip to Sisaket - because they can't.

A one way ticket Tokyo to Bkk for tomorrow on Thais web site is 46,950 baht.:cheesy:

but when you I go to expedia,com I come up with 17,880 baht one way.

You guys are comparing Yen to Baht. 46,950 is YEN

Edited by Nisa

Before I realized the mistake previous posters made re: Yen vs. Baht ... I decided to compare prices.

This is for a non-stop flight from BKK to Narita tomorrow .......

http://www.thaiair.com/

1 adult(s) x (19,805.00 + 2,995.00(Tax) =22,800.00 THB

* Not sure of the age of the Aircraft but it is a 777-200ER and the first produced were in 1997 (young for an aircraft)

-------------

EXPEDIA shows the lowest (China Air) one way at $677 US (20,400 baht) for a nonstop. The next 2 lowest shown are Nippon $738 (22,265 baht) and Japan Air $767 ( 23,140 baht) ... Thai Airways is not even coming up in Expedia for tomorrow.

Doesn't seem at all that Thai Airways is out of line compared to others.

Edited by Nisa

Just one word for it "CRIMINAL" one thing forsure, these a/holes will never miss the opportunity to scam. If I show my Thai driving licence can I get it for Thai price? I have only flown Thai once, that was in an 747 scrap heap. Never again.

jb1

To be clear ... the 46,950 is Japanese Yen and NOT Thai Baht

Edited by Nisa

Air Asia quotes very low faires, but have anyone tried to book those low fares??? I have tried, and there were only a few seats offered at those low fares. I personally think its false advertising baiting by Air Asia. The president of Thai Airways should have taken this crisis oportunity to give specially low fares as a good advertising compaign aimed at showing compasion towards other Thai citizens, but instead took the low road and consequential criticism.

Air Asia quotes very low faires, but have anyone tried to book those low fares??? I have tried, and there were only a few seats offered at those low fares. I personally think its false advertising baiting by Air Asia. The president of Thai Airways should have taken this crisis oportunity to give specially low fares as a good advertising compaign aimed at showing compasion towards other Thai citizens, but instead took the low road and consequential criticism.

Air Asia is only good if you have no luggage and light carry-on. They nickel and dime you for everything and if you get caught with more than their small weight allotted for a single carry-on (only 1 carry-on bag as opposed to most others who see a laptop or purse as exempt) you pay a HUGE penalty.

But what bothered me with them was the first time I went somewhere with my wife using Air Asia. I booked online and didn't pay extra to choose seats because I really didn't care where we sat. But it turns out that they assign seats in random order. So, even if you buy two tickets together they will not be seated together unless randomly it happens. Worse, they announced at the start of the flight that nobody can change seats (though we did). Both my wife and I had an empty seat next to us.

Edited by Nisa

jb1

Two other words

Stupid and Greedy.

Why is the age of the aircraft important? Either they receive proper maintenance and are just as safe as newer aircraft, or they don't and shouldn't be flying at all.

If it isn't a safety issue, then it is it a comfort issue? Does THAI have (especially) uncomfortable seats and bad food? Are their pilots inept? If that's the case then it doesn't mean the ticket should be cheaper, it means the inept pilots should be grounded, right?

My understanding of aviation is that something is either good enough or it doesn't fly. That's why no-one is selling tickets for standing room on a converted bomber with no air hostesses flown by a tuk-tuk driver for B190 round trip to Sisaket - because they can't.

Sorry I,m stupid ---I should select an old aircraft without individual t.v. to an up to date A380 --So to England Thai at near 50,000 bht short notice, compared to Emirates 30,000+. You see I am stupid. All the other usual b/Shi#t about pilots,or good or it doesn't fly is so childish.

My reasons for my choosing is for feeling better at the price and a newer aircraft...yes everytime. The same as if I have a choice of a new taxi--or an old one at a dearer price I would take the new one naturally. we have to take a gamble on the driver, same the pilot...You must be another in denial re Thai and what they charge--you fly with them--good for you-you argumentative so and so. DO not forget I am the one thats saving-and with better operaters-and new aircraft, so stuff your 20+year old 747-400s. nicely maintained.

How about flying 12 hours with no functioning movies because the old projector at the front of the cabin is broken? Is this worth the same as your own individual seat back screen with choice of movies?

Are you saying that 1-2-Go is no longer operating??

Edited by bangon04

Your absolutely correct, and from my own experience with owning aircraft, if the operater is complying with all manditory AD's (airworthy directives) issued and maintenance recomendations, an aircraft will continue flying safely througtout its life cycle. Take the recent near crash of the NEW super jumbos if you want to compare safety of new with old. Older aircraft are updated with new interiors, reengined, and new navigational equipment, and repainted. Its nearly impossible for a lay to know they are flying on an older model. Once an older model reaches the limits of its design, they are retired and scraped, or used for cargo ships. There are still plenty of L-1011's flying as cargo ships around the world. Thai will eventually be forced to retire its older aircraft and replace with newer and more efficient aircraft, but for now, I can imagine they are reluctant to commit to the financial costs in their present financial condition and market chalenges in an industry that has been loosing money.

Older aircraft are updated with new interiors, reengined, and new navigational equipment, and repainted. Its nearly impossible for a lay to know they are flying on an older model. Once an older model reaches the limits of its design, they are retired and scraped, or used for cargo ships.

I don't really care about the navigational equipment, because I make the assumption that this works, same as the assumption that the pilot has a valid licence (unless its Air India, of course).

But I find it very easy to see that Thai interiors are not only inferior to other airlines' which they purport to be competing with, but also badly maintained, because if they cannot be bothered to make all 3 of the coloured bulbs in the old-fashioned video projector actually work so the movie is viewable by passengers, and at the same time the reading lights don't work, the headphone sockets don't work, the electric seat switches don't work etc etc, how can I be confident that Thai Airways is not cutting corners in the maintenance of its aircraft?

As for old models being used for cargo, well that's exactly how I feel in one of Thai's old 747s or A330s. But I am still paying full price for a passenger ticket.

Air Asia is only good if you have no luggage and light carry-on. They nickel and dime you for everything and if you get caught with more than their small weight allotted for a single carry-on (only 1 carry-on bag as opposed to most others who see a laptop or purse as exempt) you pay a HUGE penalty.

But what bothered me with them was the first time I went somewhere with my wife using Air Asia. I booked online and didn't pay extra to choose seats because I really didn't care where we sat. But it turns out that they assign seats in random order. So, even if you buy two tickets together they will not be seated together unless randomly it happens. Worse, they announced at the start of the flight that nobody can change seats (though we did). Both my wife and I had an empty seat next to us.

Good answer--YES you do have to be careful in what you carry, on the Udon BKK flight, booking on an advanced promotion--177 bht +airport pass charge. seat was not given on booking but electronically check in seat numbers given---another trick is if they are different--go to check in counter and explain--I was given 2 together. My 2 friends male and female arriving by Kingfisher (saving 25,000 bht)Lhr-BKK ret--rather than Thai===========got a return Bkk-Udon for 700 bht each..................I must say you have to book 6 months in advance at least when the big promo's crop up..................I can look now and find some stupid small fares--if I do I book them. because you can afford NOT to travel if you don't want. but will get to Bkk at half the bus price--which is 450 bht one way

but when you I go to expedia,com I come up with 17,880 baht one way.

You guys are comparing Yen to Baht. 46,950 is YEN

You guy's really make me laugh, I am having a good day just reading those comments, please keep it up.

I think you mean the A-380 ???

Thais making a quick buck from a disaster... Seriously are any of you really surprised?

While at the same time holding their begging bowl out when they need assistance. Disgraceful but what can you expect from these people.

I think you mean the A-380 ???

Ha Ha 555555555555. I must have meant the proto type.:lol: :lol: A180 5555555555--I am the ting tong,,, and my knowledge of aircraft is usually spot on. it could have been worse, I could have said spitfire.:lol: ( the A180 is a dual carriageway in North Lincs, England):lol:

Edited by ginjag