What Bank Allows Largest Atm Withdrawal?

WtFugarwe

I think Bangkok Bank allows the withdrawal of up to 25 Bills (25,000B). More than likely there is a withdrawal limit at your home bank that caps it at 15,000B.

- sorry don't know which branch has the best English speakers.

You can draw more....or less with Bangkok bank, "up to you, I have had an ATM limit of 200,000 Baht per day, (House building) just talks to your branch and fix the daily withdrawer allowance, 10,000, 20,000, 50,000……..and …..so….on!

As for English speaking, sorry can’t help, but as a rule the managers normally talk the farang, nit noy! Good luck.

Are you talking about already HAVING an account with a Thai bank, or withdrawing funds from a foreign bank but using a Thai bank's ATM machine? I have not been able to withdraw more than 10,000 baht from my Siam Commercial bank's ATM, but I can withdraw 20,000 baht from a couple other Thai bank's ATM machines when I'm withdrawing from my Canadian bank. I just set a $1000 daily limit with my Canadian bank before I left for Thailand. That easily covers a 20,000 baht withdrawl.

Hello all,

I constantly withdraw Baht 25,000 (fotnightly) from the "Bangkok Bank ATM" in Soi 98 Nawamin Rd Kannhayao BKK. Never a problem.

I have a limit of $1000 AUD per day withdrawl limit with my Australian Bank.( National Bank.) The only fee,s I pay are the 150 Baht the Bangkok ATM fee charges

I think you should have a chat with your bank and upgrade your alowable limit per day.

Cheers n Beers,

Les

Edited by lesdunbar

Most foreign ATM and credit cards have a daily limit set by their home bank.

The daily limit adjusts according to the exchange rate.

When the THB was over 40 I could withdraw 20,000, but sadly now maybe only 15,000 a day. :angry:

Edited by TacoBoy

Hello all,

I constantly withdraw Baht 25,000 (fotnightly) from the "Bangkok Bank ATM" in Soi 98 Nawamin Rd Kannhayao BKK. Never a problem.

I have a limit of $1000 AUD per day withdrawl limit with my Australian Bank.( National Bank.) The only fee,s I pay are the 150 Baht the Bangkok ATM fee charges

I think you should have a chat with your bank and upgrade your alowable limit per day.

Cheers n Beers,

Les

I withdraw money using foreign issued cards on a regular basis and avoid the 150 baht ATM fee by either using an AEON ATM or doing a counter withdrawal within a bank branch (will need ID card or passport).

Rgds

I have an account at Siam Commercial Bank. They have a limit of 20,000 baht per day.

But if you call their main branch, you can get it raised to any amount you want. I made the call

and my limit was raised to 100,000 baht per day.

At Kasikorn Thai Bank, my limit was 400,000 baht per day.

OP, just open aThai bank acount, and you can withdraw all the money you want. :)

And get 0.5% interest or whatever the rate is now on your money. Probably why lot of folk wish to leave the bulk of their money in their own countries banks.

Kasikorn Bank:-

Transactions via K-ATM Service

1. Withdrawal

Maximum daily withdrawal depends on the limits set for each type of your linked card, but not to exceed THB20,000 per occasion. Daily withdrawal limits for transactions made via K-ATM (after limits adjusted) are as follows:

• ATM cards: THB50,000/day
  • Visa Electron debit cards: THB200,000/day
    Note: The above limits can be changed via K-Contact Center at 0 2888 8888.Thai and English

People are talking apples (withdrawals from Thai bank accounts) and oranges (withdrawals form foreign bank accounts through a Thai ATM), without saying which fruit they are addressing, but what seems to emerge is:

Withdrawals from your Thai bank account are a matter for discussion between you and your Thai bank. If you want a big withdrawal limit and are prepared to suffer the risks of that then shop around for a bank that will give you one if you cannot persuade your existing Thai bank. I assume Thai banks will base their decision on the funds you keep there and your credit record as well as their own policy on risk. You cannot specify as a generality which Thai bank will give the most money.

Withdrawals through a Thai ATM of funds from your overseas bank account are governed by the Thai bank's policy limits. Normally the ATM will specify the maximum number of notes you can withdraw and then it is a question of whether the machine has 1,000 baht notes or something less (Bangkok Bank dispenses 25 notes but you will only get THB 12,500 if they are out of 1,000 baht bills on the day). Some other Thai banks seem to have a 20 note limit.

The Thai bank ATM limit will be over-ridden by any restriction your foreign bank places on funds you can withdraw. Check with your foreign bank and ask them to raise it if it does not suit - otherwise shop around for a different bank in your home country or move your funds to a Thai bank!

Aeon appears to still have a no-ATM fee deal. It is also reported as having a great deal for withdrawing large sums from your overseas bank through their ATM (if it is within your foreign bank's limits - THB 40,000 will blow quite a lot of foreign bank default limits I suspect).

Now if only I could say I'd ever seen an Aeon bank anywhere near where I go!! Someone post a locations link please?

SantiSuk -- great job of summarizing the confusing data in the replies to this thread!

In response to the question about which Bangkok Bank branches have the best English speaking staff, I'd like to nominate the branch at Kad Suan Kaew mall. The branch manager at Airport Plaza is good (he used to work at the KSK branch), but if he's gone for some reason then the remaining staff at the small Airport Plaza branch may not be able to assist in a complex transaction with an English-speaker. The branch at KSK has a larger staff and always has a good English-speaking staffer available even during lunch time.

SantiSuk -- great job of summarizing the confusing data in the replies to this thread!

In response to the question about which Bangkok Bank branches have the best English speaking staff, I'd like to nominate the branch at Kad Suan Kaew mall. The branch manager at Airport Plaza is good (he used to work at the KSK branch), but if he's gone for some reason then the remaining staff at the small Airport Plaza branch may not be able to assist in a complex transaction with an English-speaker. The branch at KSK has a larger staff and always has a good English-speaking staffer available even during lunch time.

Yes, Bangkok Bank at KSK are good. There is also a manager at SCB in the same mall (one with the bald head, not the grumpy one) who speaks excellent English.

Re the other post - Aeon have branches on 3rd floor Airport Plaza and in Tesco on the super highway. There are also ATMs in Carrefours.

Rgds

Nancy L is correct in her assessment of the English speaking staff at the Bangkok Bank branch at KSK.

AEON also has ATM's at the other Tesco on the Hang Dong Road. Unfortunately AEON always has one ATM out of service and long lines. I avoid the 150 baht fee by using a Schwab ATM card. E-Trade offers the same rebate.