Recommendation For A Good Family Area

qpgwmh

My wife, son (aged 4) and I are thinking of spending up to a week in Pattaya in May. We've been once before he was born so we are aware of the seedy side.

Please could somebody recommend a nice area to stay suitable for families but close enough to the bulk of the amenities that we're not isolated? We're looking for a 4 (or 5 if budget stretches) star hotel with swimming pool, no more than 3,000Baht per night - but ideally cheaper as a bargain would be a real help.

Many Thanks

qpgwmh

As I know this hotel does not have a see-view and located is away from beach.

Before we purchased a property we would stay at the woodlands resort if the kids and old folk were with us, nice hotel, not over priced and its close too.

Its located just past the dolphin island.

Why not rent a condo for a week?

I would recommend jomtien,plenty of families on holiday here,plenty of condos that can be rented for a week.

If you want to be in pattaya ,view talay 6 has a pool,its on beach road and right next door to central festival,so shopping,movies, bowling at your door step

As I know this hotel does not have a see-view and located is away from beach.

Before we purchased a property we would stay at the woodlands resort if the kids and old folk were with us, nice hotel, not over priced and its close too.

Its located just past the dolphin island.

OP doesn't ask for Sea view or beach.

NaKlua work for families.

The guys can always run a sortie into the nitelife area.

Look at the Mirage resort in NaKlua. I think it's Soi 16 or 18.

This would be a good neighborhood to rent some bicycles and explore the neighborhood.

There is a funky seafood restaurant on a fishing pier at Soi 12.

Pratumnak, Buddha Hill, between Pattaya and Jomtien is very nice.

If you go down to the bottom of Pratumnak Soi 4 there is a lovely little beach, a great golf course and a generally family-friendly atmosphere. Definitely not Walking Street or Beach Rd territory.