Looking For Sausage

chiangmaibruce

From time to time I have noticed discussion threads in the Chiang Mai forum about truly wonderful sausages that people have encountered, so I just did a forum search and got: "Your search for the term sausage returned 216 results" ... I had a quick look but didn't find what I was after, so I guess it's out to the learned members for input

I am thinking of having a stall at the CityLife market this coming weekend ... hopefully an Aussie-style sausage sizzle, plus Lamingtons with cream ... and I might try to flog a few of my books too.

Does anyone know where I can get a decent quantity of reasonably priced thin sausages which taste like the basic 'Coles' or 'Woolies' brand item back home ... not USA hotdog style things dyed red with god-knows what ... not highly spiced and full of grissle local imitations ... no, I just was the basic tasty nitrite filled packages we all know and love downunder. Please advise. Many thanks

PS: Mods, please don't move this to the gay forum

Hi and we at Sausage can supply you with a wide range of top quality sausage and well priced, we have a lot of new sausage that are not on website yet like chorizo-salami-pepperoni and some new thai sausage for the other half. we stock a wide range of sausage and some BBQ/Mix Grill Packs start at 250 Baht Each. for more details call me 085-7060105 Rob. http://www.sausageking1.com/

Edited by SausageKing

Sounds good. Cooked up some Rimping snags just the other night, bloody good. If your doing a sizzle get the King to customise some for you. Where and when is ths market??

Make Chiang Mai more Green at

the Citylife Garden Party

Sunday 27th March 2011

Time: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Join us and have a fabulous day out with friends and family at Citylife Garden Party. Check out all 80 stalls selling new and second hand quality products, food and drinks. Various activities will be provided, such as raffles and lucky draws to win Many prizes. All profits from this event will support Citylife Carbon Neutral Initiatives Campaign, to plant more trees in the New Maesa Valley village. Citylife already planted 3.25 rai in 2008, and have been maintaining then ever firce.

Call Darin at 053 357 428, 053 225 201 or // to reserve your stall or for more information.

Edited by Tywais
e-mail removed as per forum rules

I got some sausages from Sausage King a few weeks back for a BBQ. FANTASTIC.

Need I say more.

:D yes you do ... you could tell me what this particular variety of sausage was called and the cost .. I want to keep it cheap and cheerful ... and buying them in packs of six (or whatever) from Rim Ping as someone else kindly suggested is going to mean charging too much

Hi and we at Sausage King can supply you with a <snip>

Greetings your highness ... I may well give you a call. If you have the goods and can do me a good deal then I would not be averse to having a discrete banner on display ... & there might even be a bonus lamington coming your way.

Are you familiar with the Australian product I am talking about? What variety within your sausage range would be the closest in style?

Sounds good. Cooked up some Rimping snags just the other night, bloody good. If your doing a sizzle get the King to customise some for you. Where and when is ths market??

Make Chiang Mai more Green at

the Citylife Garden Party

Sunday 27th March 2011

Time: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Join us and have a fabulous day out with friends and family at Citylife Garden Party. Check out all 80 stalls selling new and second hand quality products, food and drinks. Various activities will be provided, such as raffles and lucky draws to win Many prizes. All profits from this event will support Citylife Carbon Neutral Initiatives Campaign, to plant more trees in the New Maesa Valley village. Citylife already planted 3.25 rai in 2008, and have been maintaining then ever firce.

Call Darin at 053 357 428, 053 225 201 or < email removed > to reserve your stall or for more information.

but what is the use of a bbq aussie sausage without a good supply of carbon adhering to it.

Edited by metisdead
Not to post email addresses in posts due to potential spam problems.

but what is the use of a bbq aussie sausage without a good supply of carbon adhering to it.

not to mention a bit of garden loam as well, from the odd dropped one (don't worry, it's all roughage)

anyway given the way my attention wanders due to the high incidence of hotties here, don't worry - there will be plenty of burnt ones to go around :whistling:

not to mention a bit of garden loam as well, from the odd dropped one (don't worry, it's all roughage)

anyway given the way my attention wanders due to the high incidence of hotties here, don't worry - there will be plenty of burnt ones to go around :whistling:

:lol: , a bit like when l am am driving ,, look at that will ya ,, crash , bang

I have lived in Chiang Mai for 6 years. One thing I really miss is Coles or Woolies sausage. I have tried everywhere to find Oz type sausages. Apparently the style is uniquely Oz.

Sausage King have some good sausage products but don't taste like Oz snags. Probably English style would be suitable for your BBQ. Northern Farms have thick beef and pork sausages which are quite tasty.

Good luck on Sunday. I will drop by your stand to try!...and hava a lammie.

Repeated references to "Oz style sausages" but no details as to what the hell that means. What diffentiates an "Oz style sausage" from an English, German, Italian, American, French, Polish, etc style sausage? Has it got Vegimite added?

Edited by lannarebirth

What diffentiates an "Oz style sausage" from an English, German, Italian, American, French, Polish, etc style sausage?

Lanna, how does one describe that sublime flavour, the scent of red earth, the faint aroma of eucalypt, that ... that certain je ne sais quoi*

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

* definition provided below for the benefit of Americans, English and others from less well-developed countries

Etymology

From French je ne sais quoi, literally ‘I don't know what’.

Noun

je ne sais quoi (uncountable)

1. An intangible quality that makes something distinctive or attractive.She has a certain je ne sais quoi about her.

Repeated references to "Oz style sausages" but no details as to what the hell that means. What diffentiates an "Oz style sausage" from an English, German, Italian, American, French, Polish, etc style sausage? Has it got Vegimite added?

we could be on a winner here mate ,, "vegemite snags" ,,,, they would sell like "hot cakes" , but there lies another question , how do hot cakes sell ?? ,,, better get onto that Sausage King ,,,, l can smell money ,,, sorry ,is just my toast and vegemite :whistling:

What diffentiates an "Oz style sausage" from an English, German, Italian, American, French, Polish, etc style sausage?

Lanna, how does one describe that sublime flavour, the scent of red earth, the faint aroma of eucalypt, that ... that certain je ne sais quoi*

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

* definition provided below for the benefit of Americans, English and others from less well-developed countries

Etymology

From French je ne sais quoi, literally 'I don't know what'.

Noun

je ne sais quoi (uncountable)

1. An intangible quality that makes something distinctive or attractive.She has a certain je ne sais quoi about her.

Might that "intangible quality" be Roo meat?

Aussie sausage vary but the main difference is they are probably beef sausages with a starch base. Actual contents are usually unknown whichwhythey arealso known as mystery bags.

Rob's excelent sausages may have dificulty qualifying as an Aussie sausage despite his having spent time there.....his sausages do contain meat.

Edited by harrry

Hi again and as the Sausage King i can do the Aussie beef sausage if need be. i have the right imported ingredients from Australia and we only use the best and pro ingredients world wide.

Might that "intangible quality" be Roo meat?

Sometimes ... it all depends on what's been knocked down on the local roads

the word is "epping sausage", a tastless confection of sawdust, breadcrumbs, some unidentifiable fat, possibly from road kill, and a small quantity of meat, from whatever was close to its natural death that day. Best served burnt to a crisp, in between 2 slices of sponge like and tasteless white bread, with lashings of Rosella tomatoe sauce. Boy!! do I miss them. Sausage King Please take note.

regards,

DrF

Edited by drfang

Heretic coming to post.

I have never had a Good Sausage or Local made Pie in Chiang Mai.

Cheerful Charlie did best pie I had decent, but just not right.

He told me that you can't get the Lard for the Pastry, but his father made Pies in WW II and passed on a Trade Secret.

I have been told to my face, I wouldn't know a Good Sausage if I had one.

Best Sausage I ever ate was in Gulf Hotel Bahrain, An outstanding British Pork Banger.

john

Like mi grub.

The only Western sausage that I have had in Thailand that was more than mediocre was the English breakfast sausage at Domino's nearly 20 years ago and the Italian sausage at Stephanos restaurant that used to be in the Rimping Condo.

However, I do like that Thai sausage that is pork mixed with rice inside.

Sausage king use 95% prime shoulder and belly pork mix for our sausage and fat and spice 5%, No fillers or Colours, No MSG . Only the Best Ingreidents for quality sausage. The sausage king pie is 350g per pie and ful of meat to the point that you do not need fryes or veg with our pies as you will be pushed to finish just one pie. Quality Quality Quality always wins in the end. Rob/SK

Heretic coming to post.

He told me that you can't get the Lard for the Pastry, but his father made Pies in WW II and passed on a Trade Secret.

Best Sausage I ever ate was in Gulf Hotel Bahrain, An outstanding British Pork Banger.

john

Like mi grub.

Sausage king use 95% prime shoulder and belly pork mix for our sausage and fat and spice 5%, No fillers or Colours, No MSG . Only the Best Ingreidents for quality sausage. The sausage king pie is 350g per pie and ful of meat to the point that you do not need fryes or veg with our pies as you will be pushed to finish just one pie. Quality Quality Quality always wins in the end. Rob/SK

Heretic coming to post.

john

Like mi grub.

SK Pies are full of meat. . that said, I have to add veggies and gravy to SK pies. there is not a lot of gravy or veggies in them, but most likely not to ruin the pie crusts and leakage.

I often use the shreded beef in my home made burritos or taco's :D

Edited by TacoBoy

Heretic coming to post.

john

Like mi grub.

Not strictly true as I managed to eat two of your pies with mash and veg :D they did taste good though!