Talking With An "Honest Isaan" Woman

Felix Lynn

On the next Thailand Today,

A reassigned cop “is walking mad,” taking a one hundred kilometer walk to sit at his new inactive seat.

The rebirth of “Honest Isaan…” a feature dedicated to looking into the mind of Isaan women and the foreign men who meet, marry and live tragically ever after…on today’s edition, we meet a woman who's in love but lonely and looking elsewhere while her husband is out of the country.

And finally, a woman cracks your skull, leaving you bleeding and confused and yet you pay and pay and pay…well, it’s the Thai way but whose responsibility is it anyway?

All that and a traffic solution that exposes what little can be done to solve Bangkok’s traffic woes on the next Thailand Today, each weekday at 5pm, midnight and 5am.

http://www.radiobangkok.net

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't take it personal. You know who you are, don't let anybody else's thoughts or stereotypes dictate your life.

People are people, and wherever you go, they are smart, honest, stupid, intelligent, vain, humble, proud, loud, aloof, ferocious, evil, good, beautiful, ugly, fat, thin, cunning, polite, boorish, funny, boring, eloquent, rich, poor, spiritual, materialistic, blind, deaf, young, old, hairy, shaved, brown, yellow, red, pink, green, blue, purple, black, white, happy, sad, complex, simple etc...

Your preconceptions of a person, race or country, as well as chance may reinforce or make you reevaluate your prejudice, but by choice you can attempt to associate with people you like - because no matter what country you go to, you are bound to find them if you look long and hard enough... but people as a whole, will still be people. :o

they are smart, honest, stupid, intelligent, vain, humble, proud, loud, aloof, ferocious, evil, good, beautiful, ugly, fat, thin, cunning, polite, boorish, funny, boring, eloquent, rich, poor, spiritual, materialistic, blind, deaf, young, old, hairy, shaved, brown, yellow, red, pink, green, blue, purple, black, white, happy, sad, complex, simple etc...

You've just described me perfectly :o

Don't take it personal. You know who you are, don't let anybody else's thoughts or stereotypes dictate your life.

People are people, and wherever you go, they are smart, honest, stupid, intelligent, vain, humble, proud, loud, aloof, ferocious, evil, good, beautiful, ugly, fat, thin, cunning, polite, boorish, funny, boring, eloquent, rich, poor, spiritual, materialistic, blind, deaf, young, old, hairy, shaved, brown, yellow, red, pink, green, blue, purple, black, white, happy, sad, complex, simple etc...

Your preconceptions of a person, race or country, as well as chance may reinforce or make you reevaluate your prejudice, but by choice you can attempt to associate with people you like - because no matter what country you go to, you are bound to find them if you look long and hard enough... but people as a whole, will still be people. :o

Well said :D

Looking at the latest topics all over TV, i think TV is trying to take over barladies.com. It will probably bring in more revenues.

And these kind of bullsh1t sensational topics are proof of it.

Hi Jean,

Could you be more specific?

I'm open to any topic suggestion. If you've listened to Thailand Today you'll know we discuss everything. Spent about a week talking about education in Thailand. Storms, traffic...all of it.

Sorry about the server hitch during the 5pm show. We're getting things ironed out for our live debut. Live call ins coming.

FL

Looking at the latest topics all over TV, i think TV is trying to take over barladies.com. It will probably bring in more revenues.

Hi Jean,

I'm open to any topic suggestion. If you've listened to Thailand Today you'll know we discuss everything. Spent about a week talking about education in Thailand. Storms, traffic...all of it.

Sorry about the server hitch during the 5pm show. We're getting things ironed out for our live debut. Live call ins coming.

FL

A story this week about a little newspaper called Matichon...

Talking With An "Honest Isaan" Woman

The rebirth of “Honest Isaan…”

Another sensationalistic title that more than borders on tacky.

The rebirth of honest Issan? Have they been through a particulary dishonest time recently? :o

The rebirth refers to "reintroduction" of a past feature we carried on Thailand Today. I'm just bringing it back. The feature is called "Honest Isaan," which is play on the old North American saying "Honest Injun." It will be a semi regular feature talking with Isaan women and the men they become involved with. There were some great stories before and I'm sure their will be more to tell and discuss in the future.

I'm sorry if you find the moniker tacky.

with Isaan birds, Stephen Leather identified something called the 'Truth Talk'.

I.e everything that has happened in the past is forgiven and owned up to, but henceforth there is a circle of trust including oneself and the Isaan dolly.

In my experience, the 'Truth Talk' is invariably the time when the biggest lies are told.

Indeed, when were Isaan women been dishonest?

With all of us ugly old bald overweight people who came to Thailand for affordable sex, what can we complain about.

Tell us to go for a flight attendant job. Who would not understand we are too old for that.

Tell us we can't attract a 20 yrs old woman in Thai, many would rebel.

The girls want what they want, it's us who think "does she really love me, only some 40 years difference?"

Now we have a broadcast about that.

IMO, shut up, keep it under the carpet.

No, but seriously though. They are honest.

"You handsome man"

"You not bald, you got many hair"

"You got big nongshai"

"You jai dee not jai dam"

"You not fat, you velly strong, big muscle"

are all true-isms that have been addrssed to me by Isaan waifs. All comments were accurate observations.

...So speaketh the expert...

No, but seriously though. They are honest.

"You handsome man"

"You not bald, you got many hair"

"You got big nongshai"

"You jai dee not jai dam"

"You not fat, you velly strong, big muscle"

are all true-isms that have been addrssed to me by Isaan waifs. All comments were accurate observations.

...So speaketh the expert...

There are more:

You belly like Buddha.

I not care what u look, love your good heart.

You take good care of me.

One thing they (Isaan girls) should know is - they are taking a piss over disadvanaged people and that is not fair.

They have been disadvantaged too, they would not have ended up sucking guts if the chances were fairly distributed.

They simply go to correct the unjustice in the distribution chain. Most of the world would not know about them, tose who have..most would ignore them..those who budge ..get a show like one advertised.

Hi Jean,

Just a quick sample from the first pages.

Giving Your Mianoi "a test run"

Money Grabbing Pregnant Girlfriend

How can you get rid of a decent Thai girl?

Girls who ride side saddle

Beautiful Gals, they have their uses!

Possible Embararrassment Ahead

The tastiest Beer in Thailand

etc..

and the worst of all

Talking with an "Honest Isaan" woman

Hi Jean,

Just a quick sample from the first pages.

Giving Your Mianoi "a test run"

Money Grabbing Pregnant Girlfriend

How can you get rid of a decent Thai girl?

Girls who ride side saddle

Beautiful Gals, they have their uses!

Possible Embararrassment Ahead

The tastiest Beer in Thailand

etc..

and the worst of all

Talking with an "Honest Isaan" woman

Hail Khun Jean.... you are so observant. Some TV topics are getting rather humdrum and chauvinistic for sure. Seems a bit like "Blokesville" : :o

http://www.smh.com.au/news/tv--radio/prote...6981940684.html

Protest shuts down 'bloke' event

September 18, 2005

The shutting down of the Blokesworld Live event in Brisbane on the weekend was a victory for women, a female lobby group said today.

A group of women had protested outside the RNA Showgrounds against the event, inspired by the Ten Network program, saying it was demeaning to women.

Blokesworld Live had billed itself as the "ultimate weekend for the bloke of the species".

It was to have featured lingerie pillow fighting championships, topless bullfighting, aerobics "Bloke Style", national trailer reversing championships, the Australian beer games, Guinness World Record meat tray, lawnmower races and the Flirtmodel dancers.

Brisbane City Council late on Friday refused to issue an entertainment licence because of concerns over public health and safety issues and the adequate notification of neighbours about the nature of the event.

Blokesworld Live organisers went to the Supreme Court but Justice Anthe Philipides ruled in the council's favour.

Women's Forum Australia (WFA) claimed it was pressure from female protesters that forced the closure of the event.

It promoted a stereotype of women as recreational objects, always available for male entertainment and pleasure," WFA spokesperson Katrina George said.

"We feared that the combination of semi-naked women, guns, knives and alcohol could have contributed to a sexually dangerous environment for women.

"It's time to declare zero tolerance against men who treat women like recreational sex toys."

However a Brisbane City Council spokesman said there was no moral judgement on the event.

"So long as their activities are lawful, council cannot make a determination based on those moral grounds," he said.

"If they were to fulfil their requirements under the law, council cannot stand in their way."

Despite Blokesworld Live organisers saying the event would come back bigger and better than before, exhibitors will lose tens of thousands of dollars.

Renee Eaves, who is the managing director of Flirtmodels, also blamed the protesters for the ban, labelling them "misinformed annoying females".

She said the action by the Brisbane City Council was "bizarre".

"Anyone can find a loophole in anything if you want to and the council felt so much pressure from these feminist groups they just managed to find a loophole," she said.

"This would never ever have happen in Melbourne or Sydney."

Ms Eaves said Flirtmodels was a troupe of trained dancers and models who would have performed a "sexy but extremely classy choreographed" stage show.

She denied the featured events in Blokesworld was demeaning to women.

"Blokesworld is not driven by sex ... but by blokey type things," she said.

"It's all very tongue-in-cheek ... what the women were doing there was more in jest ... there was nothing sexual about it."