Israel strikes Hamas tunnel in northern Gaza in retaliation to rocket attacks

News_Editor

Israel strikes Hamas tunnel in northern Gaza in retaliation to rocket attacks

2011-03-22 02:15:49 GMT+7 (ICT)

GAZA STRIP (BNO NEWS) -- Israeli Air Force (IAF) on Monday struck a terror tunnel and several Hamas militants in northern Gaza Strip in retaliation to recent rocket attacks.

In a joint operation with Israel Defense Forces (IDF), a smuggling tunnel was hit as it was used for the infiltration of terrorists into Israeli territory. IAF said that a fighter jet successfully struck the intended targets.

In addition, it is suspected that Hamas militants used the passage for conducting terror attacks against IDF soldiers and civilians. The targeted strike was a response to the recent increase rocket attacks fired from Gaza over the weekend.

"The IDF will respond with strength and determination to any attempt to use terror against the citizens of Israel," said IDF spokesperson, General Avi Benayahu.

On Saturday, around 50 mortars shells were fired in southern Israeli communities. The Al-Qassam Brigades, Hamas' military wing, claimed responsibility for the attacks and alleged that it was a response to Israel's crimes and attacks in Gaza Strip against militants.

In response, IDF soldiers killed two Palestinian militants who were allegedly planning to plant an explosive device near the northern Gaza Strip fence on Saturday night. Three Hamas security officers, a 3-year-old boy, and a 26-year-old man, were also injured in retaliation fire from Israel.

According to IDF, over 130 mortar shells, Qassam rockets and Grad rockets have been fired from the Gaza Strip into Israeli territory since January. From this amount, 56 rockets were fired last week.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-03-22

In response, IDF soldiers killed two Palestinian militants who were allegedly planning to plant an explosive device near the northern Gaza Strip fence on Saturday night. Three Hamas security officers, a 3-year-old boy, and a 26-year-old man, were also injured in retaliation fire from Israel.

Zionism is peace.

http://www.newstatesman.com/2009/09/war-crimes-israel-gaza-rights

Are you counting how many times you spammed the exact same text about Zionism with the exact same link?

Of course, I don't think there's anything wrong with being "interested" in Middle East topics. But this is forum, aren't you supposed to write some ORIGINAL thoughts? Isn't that the point?

Edited by Jingthing

Are you counting how many times you spammed the exact same text about Zionism with the exact same link?

Of course, I don't think there's anything wrong with being "interested" in Middle East topics. But this is forum, aren't you supposed to write some ORIGINAL thoughts? Isn't that the point?

first time.

first time.

REALLY?????, Post number 2

Interesting way of thinking keeps coming out from the same people.

When Israel kills the terrorist-bad Israel

When Israel ONLY hits the tunnels-bad Israel

When Israel complains to UN-bad Israel

When Israel responds to rocket attacks-bad Israel

When Israel does not accept UN reports-bad Israel

When Israel accepts UN reports-bad Israel

HOWEVER

When Hammas or other jihadists fire rockets into Israel-no problem

When Hammas or other Juhadists plant bombs in Israel-no problem

When Hammas or other jihadists target civilians in Israel-no problem

When Hammas or other jihadists target school bus in Israel-no problem

When Hammas or other jihadists use their own people as human shields-no problem

When Hammas or other jihadists kill and torture their own people-no problem

When Hammas or other jihadists do not listen or accept UN reports or resolution-again no problem

So it seems when it comes to Bangkokeddy its a 1 way lane where Israel is bad no matter what it does while Hammas and others involved are always good and their actions perfectly acceptable.

Bangkokeddy is so blinded by hatred, that i doubt he would even recognize the truth even if it hits him in the groin, as clearly face punches do not do the job.

It is perfectly acceptable for him to post hate messages against Jews, yet he gets offended and "sickening" (word he uses) when someone responds by questioning Arabs or Islam.

He does not consider himself being anti-semite yet everyone who does not agree with his hate opinions turns into islamophobe.

56 missles were launched last week? I would carpet bomb them.

Don't use the term "peace process" concerning Palestinian barbarians.

They would need to "fundamentally transform" themselves before any peace is possible.

Edited by powderpuff

oh and i almost forgot, it is BAD Israel for not accepting biased UN reports, however perfectly acceptable for Hizbullah not only NOT to accept it but threaten UN members with terror.

Its ok in his book for Iran to defy the entire world, UN, and every single other country or organization, but its bad Israel -as usual

Edited by kuffki

HOWEVER

When Hammas or other jihadists do not listen or accept UN reports or resolution-again no problem

So it seems when it comes to Bangkokeddy its a 1 way lane where Israel is bad no matter what it does while Hammas and others involved are always good and their actions perfectly acceptable.

Bangkokeddy is so blinded by hatred, that i doubt he would even recognize the truth even if it hits him in the groin, as clearly face punches do not do the job.

It is perfectly acceptable for him to post hate messages against Jews, yet he gets offended and "sickening" (word he uses) when someone responds by questioning Arabs or Islam.

He does not consider himself being anti-semite yet everyone who does not agree with his hate opinions turns into islamophobe.

Where i post hate message against Jews? Where did i use the word 'sickening' in the context you describe?

You lie, again.

Did you follow the link? different source like the previous ones. speaks of war crimes in the gaza conflict. war crimes committed by both sides. reports that there were war crimes by the Hamas and war crimes by the Israeli forces.

Looks your version of hatred blinded you, at least on one eye. No surprise for someone who fills the forum with pro-zionist propaganda

HOWEVER

Where i post hate message against Jews? Where did i use the word 'sickening' in the context you describe?

You lie, again.

Did you follow the link? different source like the previous ones. speaks of war crimes in the gaza conflict. war crimes committed by both sides. reports that there were war crimes by the Hamas and war crimes by the Israeli forces.

Looks your version of hatred blinded you, at least on one eye. No surprise for someone who fills the forum with pro-zionist propaganda

I believe in this very same thread you also denied posting same links, and yet were proven wrong. Are you sure you want me to post links to your "sickening" remarks? or other hate posts?

"different source like the previous ones. speaks of war crimes in the gaza conflict. war crimes committed by both sides. reports that there were war crimes by the Hamas and war crimes by the Israeli forces." and what is your point? did you condone even once violence by Hamas or Hizbullah?

Not to mention the exact same propoganda that he keeps posting over and over again. bored-3643.gif

well I said also "Zionist are no peace brothers" you should have seen the reaction on this one.

Now its wrong to say ' Zionism is peace'.

The "propaganda" i am linking too is an UN report and fact finding commission on the Gaza conflict.

"The inquiry, led by the former South African judge Richard Goldstone, concluded that both the Israeli army and Hamas committed war crimes and possible crimes against humanity during the three-week conflict, in which 1,400 Palestinians and 13 Israelis were killed."

^^ see, speaks of war crimes by Hamas and by Israeli army. Nowhere i am saying Hamas war crimes don't exist. I am not a denier.

And the report comes from a Richard Goldstone, not Baruch Goldstein. That is maybe the problem here for some.

Edited by bangkokeddy

I believe in this very same thread you also denied posting same links, and yet were proven wrong. Are you sure you want me to post links to your "sickening" remarks? or other hate posts?

"different source like the previous ones. speaks of war crimes in the gaza conflict. war crimes committed by both sides. reports that there were war crimes by the Hamas and war crimes by the Israeli forces." and what is your point? did you condone even once violence by Hamas or Hizbullah?

Where did i use the word 'sickening'?

Where did i previously link to 'the new statesman'?

http://www.newstatesman.com/2009/09/war-crimes-israel-gaza-rights

You posting lies, again.

Not to mention the exact same propoganda that he keeps posting over and over again. bored-3643.gif

well I said also "Zionist are no peace brothers" you should have seen the reaction on this one.

The "propaganda" i am linking too is an UN report and fact finding commission on the Gaza conflict.

"The inquiry, led by the former South African judge Richard Goldstone, concluded that both the Israeli army and Hamas committed war crimes and possible crimes against humanity during the three-week conflict, in which 1,400 Palestinians and 13 Israelis were killed."

^^ see, speaks of war crimes by Hamas and by Israeli army. Nowhere i am saying Hamas war crimes don't exist. I am not a denier.

And the report comes from a Richard Goldstone, not Baruch Goldstein. That is maybe the problem here for some.

1. So why is it ok for you to question Israel and not Hamas? while you have not denied it, you have not condoned it! DOHbah.gif

2. That same report violates all UN rules and its been shown to you on more then 1 occasion. but here it again just incase you missed it the first 10 times.

• The report violates international standards for inquries, including UN rules on fact-finding, replicating earlier UNHRC biased statements.
  • The Commission systematically favored witnesses and evidence put forward by anti-Israel advocates, and dismissed evidence and testimony that would undermine its case.
  • The commission relied extensively on mediating agencies, especially UN and NGOs, which have a documented hostility to Israel; the report reproduces earlier reports and claims from these agencies.
  • At the same time, the Commission inexplicably downplayed or ignored substantial evidence of Hamas’ commission of war crimes, crimes against humanity and crimes of terror, including specifically its victimization of the Palestinian population by its use of human shields, civilian dress for combatants, and combat use of protected objects like ambulances, hospitals and mosques.
  • The Commission openly denies a presumption of innocence to the Israelis accused of crimes (while honoring Hamas’ presumed innocence) and acknowledges that it made accusations of crimes without proof that would stand up in court.
  • The report contains numerous gratuitous digressions into issues beyond the purview of a fact-finding commission that are inaccurate and profoundly hostile to Israel and Jews.
  • The Commission distorted legal standards, imposing on Israel standards that reverse their generally understood and applied meaning, while ignoring important rules of international law that put the onus of responsibility on an organization as base, by Goldstone’s own standards, as Hamas.
  • http://www.goldstonereport.org/

3. Your last comment about name speaks volume in itself.

http://www.newstates...ael-gaza-rights

You posting lies, again.

Need more proof? or it might be time to shut itrolleyes.gifhttp://www.thaivisa....inians-in-gaza/ POST 2

Your post 2 and 4

And i can find your "sickening" comments if you insist. but when i do, you would need to shut it permanently.

Happy to go ahead?

Edited by kuffki

1. So why is it ok for you to question Israel and not Hamas? while you have not denied it, you have not condoned it! DOHbah.gif

2. That same report violates all UN rules and its been shown to you on more then 1 occasion. but here it again just incase you missed it the first 10 times.

• The report violates international standards for inquries, including UN rules on fact-finding, replicating earlier UNHRC biased statements.
  • The Commission systematically favored witnesses and evidence put forward by anti-Israel advocates, and dismissed evidence and testimony that would undermine its case.
  • The commission relied extensively on mediating agencies, especially UN and NGOs, which have a documented hostility to Israel; the report reproduces earlier reports and claims from these agencies.
  • At the same time, the Commission inexplicably downplayed or ignored substantial evidence of Hamas’ commission of war crimes, crimes against humanity and crimes of terror, including specifically its victimization of the Palestinian population by its use of human shields, civilian dress for combatants, and combat use of protected objects like ambulances, hospitals and mosques.
  • The Commission openly denies a presumption of innocence to the Israelis accused of crimes (while honoring Hamas’ presumed innocence) and acknowledges that it made accusations of crimes without proof that would stand up in court.
  • The report contains numerous gratuitous digressions into issues beyond the purview of a fact-finding commission that are inaccurate and profoundly hostile to Israel and Jews.
  • The Commission distorted legal standards, imposing on Israel standards that reverse their generally understood and applied meaning, while ignoring important rules of international law that put the onus of responsibility on an organization as base, by Goldstone’s own standards, as Hamas.
  • http://www.goldstonereport.org/

3. Your last comment about name speaks volume in itself.

^^ You are quoting from a propaganda website. That is what the Zionists say about the UN report. As expected, no surprise.

They will always deny, thats makes any peace efforts with Zionists impossible.

You posting lies, again.

Need more proof? or it might be time to shut itrolleyes.gifhttp://www.thaivisa....inians-in-gaza/ POST 2

Your post 2 and 4

And i can find your "sickening" comments if you insist. but when i do, you would need to shut it permanently.

Happy to go ahead?

^^ You are quoting from a propaganda website. That is what the Zionists say about the UN report. As expected, no surprise.

They will always deny, thats makes any peace efforts with Zionists impossible.

so why do not you quote from another source??? since this one is not good enough for you and facts stated are not acceptable for you

So Hamas wants peace with Jewish Israel? Do tell!

About the Goldstone report --

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alan-dershowitz/the-case-against-the-gold_b_442412.html

The report -- commissioned by an organization with a long history of anti-Israel bigotry, and written by biased "experts," with limited experience and a pre-ordained result -- is one-sided and wrong in its fundamental conclusions. This should not be surprising since conclusions can be no better than the methodology employed, and the methodology employed in this report is fundamentally flawed.

So now it is up to Richard Goldstone to explain the evidentiary bias that is so obviously reflected in the report, and that is documented in my lengthier analysis available online. The burden is on him to justify the very different methodologies used in the report to arrive at its conclusions regarding the intentions of Israel and the intentions of Hamas. Failure to assume that burden will constitute an implicit admission that the conclusions reached in the Goldstone report are not worthy of consideration by people of good will.

Edited by Jingthing

You posting lies, again.

Your post 2 and 4

Happy to go ahead?

Answer simple question.....

When i find and post the link to your "sickening" comments, will you shut it permanently?

YES or NO?

http://www.huffingto...d_b_442412.html

You will find also non-zionist sources who see nothing wrong with this report and defend it against its critics.

Do not look only for partisans who confirm your bias.

please provide links to those sources

Despite heavy lobbying, EU parliament endorses Goldstone report

http://euobserver.com/9/29650

Sweden supports Gaza war crime probe

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3787204,00.html

Israeli officials: U.K. support for Goldstone report may backfire

http://www.haaretz.com/news/israeli-officials-u-k-support-for-goldstone-report-may-backfire-1.6316

Goldstone’s Gaza report is balanced

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/425c2276-bcdb-11de-a7ec-00144feab49a.html

Israel/Gaza: Implement Goldstone Recommendations on Gaza HRW

http://www.hrw.org/en/news/2009/09/16/israelgaza-implement-goldstone-recommendations-gaza

Arab, African groups, OIC, NAM welcome Goldstone report

http://www.kuna.net.kw/NewsAgenciesPublicSite/ArticleDetails.aspx?Language=en&id=2028226

http://www.huffingto...d_b_442412.html

You will find also non-zionist sources who see nothing wrong with this report and defend it against its critics.

Do not look only for partisans who confirm your bias.

please provide links to those sources

Despite heavy lobbying, EU parliament endorses Goldstone report

http://euobserver.com/9/29650

Sweden supports Gaza war crime probe

http://www.ynetnews....3787204,00.html

Israeli officials: U.K. support for Goldstone report may backfire

http://www.haaretz.c...backfire-1.6316

Goldstone's Gaza report is balanced

http://www.ft.com/cm...144feab49a.html

Israel/Gaza: Implement Goldstone Recommendations on Gaza HRW

http://www.hrw.org/e...mendations-gaza

Arab, African groups, OIC, NAM welcome Goldstone report

http://www.kuna.net....e=en&id=2028226

The last link is the least biased.blink.gif

In which of the links you posted the report has been analyzed or questioned?

it also must be mentioned that this mission was NOT supported by a number of EU countries including Japan, Swiss and Canada.

Some so called eye witnesses were Hamas operatives.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/sep/16/richard-goldstone-report-israel-gaza

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/fullcomment/archive/2009/09/19/george-jonas-judge-goldstone-quot-peace-criminal-quot.aspx

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/stephaniegutmann/100010504/in-rebuking-israel-and-letting-hamas-off-the-hook-the-uns-goldstone-report-is-a-gift-to-world-terrorism/

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributors/article6852953.ece

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/uns-bias-binds-gaza/story-e6frg6ux-1225781825529

http://blog.z-word.com/2009/09/un-human-rights-council-report-distorts-gaza-war/

http://www.calgarysun.com/comment/columnists/peter_worthington/2009/10/13/11382681-sun.html

Things such as

• Israel did not deliberately target the civilian population of Gaza and, in fact, made efforts to prevent civilian casualties that no other army in the world would have done.
  • Contrary to the assertions of Goldstone, Hamas did use Palestinian civilians as human shields.
  • The Goldstone Report is not objective and is, in fact tainted by bias and politicization, both from the UN Human Rights Council and members of the mission itself.
  • The report relied upon the contributions of anti-Israel non-governmental organizations and unreliable Palestinian “eyewitnesses.”
  • Israel respects human rights and has a sophisticated legal and judicial system. Hamas does not. Yet the report has created an unjust equivalence of a democratic state with a terror organization.

Russia's Goldstone vote angers Israel

http://www.upi.com/T...84811255951641/

U.N. rights chief defends Goldstone Gaza findings

http://uk.reuters.co...E61N56B20100224

Goldstone defends UN Gaza report

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8280181.stm

UN Approves Goldstone Report Resolution on Gaza War Crimes

http://www.democracy...port_resolution

'U.S. to stand by Israel in the fight against Goldstone report'

http://www.haaretz.c...e-report-1.5704

That is a pretty radical post dude. We can all finally see how passionate you are on the subject. ;)

That is a pretty radical post dude. We can all finally see how passionate you are on the subject. ;)

Or perhaps the truth sometimes is little hard to acceptwink.gif and what is radical? the amount of sources disputing the report ?

Or perhaps the truth sometimes is little hard to acceptwink.gif and what is radical? the amount of sources disputing the report ?

No. Just the way that you present them. But carry on as I am starting find it amusing. :lol: