March 22, 201115 yr Hi Guys, Me and a friend are going to fish Shadow Lake tomorrow. I know it's not an easy place to fish so was wondering if anyone could give us some tips? ie depth, bait etc. I have my own tackle and will try to get the guides to help with my very limited thai. We are not targeting any specific fish and if we blank we blank no big deal, but it would be nice to catch something! Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance, John
March 22, 201115 yr Ok my tip for you: Use 2 rods one with bread going out as far as you can (needed to get real close to the other side) This will be the rod you can expect to catch the most on (but not the biggest fish). (no float) One rod with only the hook and some syrofome balls and put the massage bread direct on the hook. (this is hard to cast so you will stay much closer). Dump some small balls of the massage bread all around where your fishing and wait for say 25-30 min to get it back.
March 22, 201115 yr Author Ok my tip for you: Use 2 rods one with bread going out as far as you can (needed to get real close to the other side) This will be the rod you can expect to catch the most on (but not the biggest fish). (no float) One rod with only the hook and some syrofome balls and put the massage bread direct on the hook. (this is hard to cast so you will stay much closer). Dump some small balls of the massage bread all around where your fishing and wait for say 25-30 min to get it back. Thanks for the info Robblok. Do they sell bait and end tackle there?
March 22, 201115 yr Ok my tip for you: Use 2 rods one with bread going out as far as you can (needed to get real close to the other side) This will be the rod you can expect to catch the most on (but not the biggest fish). (no float) One rod with only the hook and some syrofome balls and put the massage bread direct on the hook. (this is hard to cast so you will stay much closer). Dump some small balls of the massage bread all around where your fishing and wait for say 25-30 min to get it back. Thanks for the info Robblok. Do they sell bait and end tackle there? They do sell bait and some end tackle. Not much but you dont need much. There is a big chance you will be seeing me there tomorrow. If your on the left side Edited March 22, 201115 yr by robblok
March 23, 201115 yr Author I did not go.. too much rain in the morning. I didn't go either because of the weather, but again thanks for the tips, i'll use them next time
April 10, 201115 yr Author I thought I would post an update, Went fishing at Shadow Lake last Wednesday and really enjoyed it. I caught 4 mekong catfish and 2 striped catfish. When I turned up I got speaking to 2 Thai fishermen and they helped me set up and I was pretty active all day. I lost another 4 fish including a small carp at the net. I personally enjoyed this venue more than fishing Bungsamran with a guide, just because I did most of the work myself. Very good value for money. John
April 11, 201115 yr Nice. Glad you had lots of fish. I myself have had times where I caught nothing for 6 hours. Changed a few things after talking to locals and then had 3 fish on 3 rods all at once. So me, the girlfriend and a local were all catching fish at the same time. Fish were literally taking the bait on impact with the water. They must have been waiting under the surface with their mouths open. It can be a hard venue at times.
April 23, 201115 yr Can you give me a map ref as I am having a lot of difficulty finding this place. regards Steve Ok my tip for you: Use 2 rods one with bread going out as far as you can (needed to get real close to the other side) This will be the rod you can expect to catch the most on (but not the biggest fish). (no float) One rod with only the hook and some syrofome balls and put the massage bread direct on the hook. (this is hard to cast so you will stay much closer). Dump some small balls of the massage bread all around where your fishing and wait for say 25-30 min to get it back.
April 23, 201115 yr Can you give me a map ref as I am having a lot of difficulty finding this place. regards Steve Ok my tip for you: Use 2 rods one with bread going out as far as you can (needed to get real close to the other side) This will be the rod you can expect to catch the most on (but not the biggest fish). (no float) One rod with only the hook and some syrofome balls and put the massage bread direct on the hook. (this is hard to cast so you will stay much closer). Dump some small balls of the massage bread all around where your fishing and wait for say 25-30 min to get it back. Try this, http://www.john-tom.com/FishingInThailand/FishingInThailand.html
May 2, 201115 yr Try this, http://www.john-tom....InThailand.html Thanks for that, excellent website.
Create an account or sign in to comment