Certificate Of Residency

Ping

I seem to recall someone saying that one could obtain the Cert. of Residency from the Patong Immigration outpost but that it takes a week and they attend your house. Others have told me it can only be obtained from Phuket Town ('City', if you prefer), but is done on the spot. I'll only be using my house lease. I need it for driver's licence application. Can someone tell me the correct answer and cost? Thanks.

Ping, I obtained one last week at Phuket Immi while doing my 90 day report. Was fairly crowded so took about 20 minutes for both. Cost was 300 baht.

Supplied copy of PP and rental contract. No further checking made.

Edited by Old Croc

I don't think that the Patong office issues these certificates. Need to go to Phuket Town, processed while you wait.

at 300 baht without reciept

first row, left side guy

valid as long as your permit to stay

ahmmm, as the present certificates look almost identical to a 90 day report, I have experienced even for vehicle transfers at DLT the 90 days reports are accepted ;)

at 300 baht without reciept

Never any recepit as there should not be any charge. They have asked me 500 baht, I just laugh and give 100 baht and tell them it's a tip.

agreed

I have given them 200 baht for years, tip for no que and speedy service, and still do. but notice all others are asked for 300

In Hua Hin they ask for 500 up front, and dont issue if not payed

At Chiangmai Immigration: 500 bahts cash - no receipt. Money put in drawer directly.

Passport usual copies.

Contract if you rent in a serviced apartment or Guest House ( A friend of mine rent in a building and he also needed a letter from the management )

It seems that in Chiangmai, the Immigration Officers are not constant in their request of documents for Certificate of Address letter.

or

Copy of House book signed by owner and letter from owner stating that you rent the house or condo. ( that was what I had to produce )