How To Open Bankok Bank Acct In Cm..

I recently tried to open a Bangkok Bank acct in Chiang Mai and was denied.

The lady seemed to be in a bad mood at the time. She said I needed a work permit and a local person to come in with me for guarantee.

I have a new double entry tourist visa and would like to open a BB web bank acct.

Does anyone know a good branch to go to in Chiang Mai to open an account??

I am sure it depends on the branch and the teller that you speak to...

Any information would be great.

thanks..:)

1. Valid passport, and

2. ONE of the following documents:

2.1 An identity card with your photo issued by a government

institution or university as such as:

- Your driver’s license, Foreign Identification Card, University

Student/Professor Card

2.2 A letter of recommendation from

- Embassy [Download Form 177 KB], International

Organization, Customer’s home bank to Bangkok Bank via

the SWIFT message [Download Form 958 KB], a person

acceptable to Bangkok Bank (such as BBL staff, customer,

government officer, company executive, private firms), or

home country institutions (such as pension receipt)

[Download Form 674 KB]

2.3 Other documents showing your name such as:

- Bank Statement, lease agreement, utility bill, documents

showing owners of a fixed asset Condominium Sale/Purchase

Agreement

http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok%20Bank/Personal%20Banking/Foreign%20Customers/Pages/Opening%20an%20account%20new.aspx

If one will not open just go to the next.

Which branch did you try. The one on Suthep may be more useful. Some have mentioned the branch at Kad Suan Kaew (Central Shopping Center) they've had luck.

Seems to me they say the requirements on their website and a work permit is not one of them. However, some proof of address is required and a WP satisfies that requirement so they may be "confused" ;) Perhaps print that out and take it with you.

A work permit is definitely not required to open an account. It is often asked for because it is one of the easier options in the list of documents that can be asked for.

The requirements have been set out in another post so will not repeat them. They are listed on the website.

Should you have difficulties when you visit another branch, refer them to the website. Alternatively PM myself and I will arrange for an introduction to a Branch of your convenience.

You should be able to get a passbook saving account at any branch.

You do not need a work permit for anything to do with you bank accounts. The only time a WP will be necessary is if you want to open a credit facility of some sort. Like the others have said try another branch. Try the larger branches in town or another bank. Also the Kad Suan Kaew and Airport Plaza branches tend to speak more English than others. Take your passport with you and a rental agreement may help as well.

Make sure to ask them to set up with web account and make a debit card before you leave. The debit card usually costs between 200B and 500B, web account set-up should be free.

Good Luck

zaxusa.

re ... Does anyone know a good branch to go to in Chiang Mai to open an account??

try this one in warrarot market

not long ago i put four savings account passbooks on the ladys desk here and said i want same same with you

she checked all the ballances twice ... and started typing ... 30 mins later im a bangkok bank customer

complete with an atm card and had internet access to the account in about a week

try putting 10000 baht on her desk and see what happens : )

good luck ... dave2

ps ... ive never had or needed a work pemit to open any of these accounts in ten years

post-42592-0-03654200-1300797466_thumb.j

post-42592-0-24944800-1300797553_thumb.j