I Love Bargirls

Daewoo

Why bother???... because it is hard to play pool by yourself... it is boring to eat by yourself... it is mind numbing to spend night after night in your hotel room watching crap TV... It is depressing to go to a movie by yourself... it is more fun to share sightseeing with someone that you can talk to and discuss what you are seeing... it is easier to have somone translate signs you can't read...

And sitting in a bar, drinking a beer, alone, talking to yourself gets you some funny looks...

As for cultural aspects... I really don't understand what you are saying... do you mean perpetuation of the Issan bargirl culture??? Culture of acceptablility for bar work in Asia, not in 'The West'???

I do have interesting conversations... probably helps that I read, write, and speak some Thai, choose girls based upon their personality and conversation ability... and am actually interested in what they might have to say...

I do have a couple of non-bargirl friends in BKK and CM... but find that, they are hard to organise to meet with, don't finish work till late, want to go home before going out, turn up late, aren't available every night, need to head home at a reasonable hour because the trip takes some time, and they need to be back at work in the morning... bargirls are just much easier... you go to a bar, and they are there, waiting...

In the other countries I travel, unless there are staff in the office, or customers, who are single (don't need to get home to the family), and enjoy going out, and don't have other engagements, I am alone... It isn't like you can swan into New Caledonia on a Sunday, and have met a new best buddy to drink and play pool with by dinner time...

Cheers,

Daewoo

Well said, Daewoo. I agree entirely. The employed women I know in Thailand work 6 to 7 days a week, and for 9 hours a day, and when they have a day off they mostly just want to sleep. I'm too old to chase university students and they wouldn't have anything in common with me even if we did get together. The UNEMPLOYED women are dangerous. They want some sucker to play all their bills and take care of their whole extended family. The tiny few remaining who are both good looking and wealthy are searching for someone with status in the community. They don't go out with old sexpats. That leaves the bar girls who I am quite happy associating with. There are no false pretences of what both of you want. They want money and you want an enjoyable evening. And, if it's just a night out playing pool, flirting a bit and buying a few drinks then so be it. Why some people try to make some huge deal out of people enjoying themselves, I have no idea. I can only assume they are dried up prudes, and that is THEIR problem. Bar girls are no different than women anywhere. They have a job to do and some of them do it very well... and some don't. The good ones earn a pretty good living, and the poor ones struggle to make enough to live on.

Why bother???... because it is hard to play pool by yourself... it is boring to eat by yourself... it is mind numbing to spend night after night in your hotel room watching crap TV... It is depressing to go to a movie by yourself... it is more fun to share sightseeing with someone that you can talk to and discuss what you are seeing... it is easier to have somone translate signs you can't read...

And sitting in a bar, drinking a beer, alone, talking to yourself gets you some funny looks...

As for cultural aspects... I really don't understand what you are saying... do you mean perpetuation of the Issan bargirl culture??? Culture of acceptablility for bar work in Asia, not in 'The West'???

I do have interesting conversations... probably helps that I read, write, and speak some Thai, choose girls based upon their personality and conversation ability... and am actually interested in what they might have to say...

I do have a couple of non-bargirl friends in BKK and CM... but find that, they are hard to organise to meet with, don't finish work till late, want to go home before going out, turn up late, aren't available every night, need to head home at a reasonable hour because the trip takes some time, and they need to be back at work in the morning... bargirls are just much easier... you go to a bar, and they are there, waiting...

In the other countries I travel, unless there are staff in the office, or customers, who are single (don't need to get home to the family), and enjoy going out, and don't have other engagements, I am alone... It isn't like you can swan into New Caledonia on a Sunday, and have met a new best buddy to drink and play pool with by dinner time...

Cheers,

Daewoo

Well said, Daewoo. I agree entirely. The employed women I know in Thailand work 6 to 7 days a week, and for 9 hours a day, and when they have a day off they mostly just want to sleep. I'm too old to chase university students and they wouldn't have anything in common with me even if we did get together. The UNEMPLOYED women are dangerous. They want some sucker to play all their bills and take care of their whole extended family. The tiny few remaining who are both good looking and wealthy are searching for someone with status in the community. They don't go out with old sexpats. That leaves the bar girls who I am quite happy associating with. There are no false pretences of what both of you want. They want money and you want an enjoyable evening. And, if it's just a night out playing pool, flirting a bit and buying a few drinks then so be it. Why some people try to make some huge deal out of people enjoying themselves, I have no idea. I can only assume they are dried up prudes, and that is THEIR problem. Bar girls are no different than women anywhere. They have a job to do and some of them do it very well... and some don't. The good ones earn a pretty good living, and the poor ones struggle to make enough to live on.

At last some down to earth common sense from both Daewoo and Ian Forbes. Spending time with non bargirls is as stated just plain hard work same as it is in the west.

With bar girls they are there to help us enjoy our time and we help them with some money so really everybody is happy at the end of the day or night!:D

Cheers,

Daewoo

At last some down to earth common sense from both Daewoo and Ian Forbes. Spending time with non bargirls is as stated just plain hard work same as it is in the west.

With bar girls they are there to help us enjoy our time and we help them with some money so really everybody is happy at the end of the day or night!:D

Yep...I totally agree. I am single now at 41 and I am planning my life to be like this later. REAL RELATIONSHIPS are way way to much work for nothing.

Nothing to stop you having a real relationship with a few fakes as well.

I have

1 real relationship

1 pool playing relationship

assorted karaoke relationships

not to mention the

Jenga and connect 4 relationships

You know after I posted on this thread...I started to ask myself what keeps a man(american) in a long term relationship(american women) for a life time with bills, ungreatful kids, same old same old. The only thing I could come up with is maybe they are just mentally weak and can't make the break. Do you guys think I am way off Target on this?

I have

1 real relationship

not to mention the

You know after I posted on this thread...I started to ask myself what keeps a man(american) in a long term relationship(american women) for a life time with bills, ungreatful kids, same old same old. The only thing I could come up with is maybe they are just mentally weak and can't make the break. Do you guys think I am way off Target on this?

guess it depends on what they are looking for in life. Myself i like living here and enjoying he benifits, however my brother loves his kids, coaching football and makes good money running his own company. his wife dont work and I dont see him bending over backward to make her happy. He dont call all the shots either , from what I see him and his wife have a good relationship.

Again I agree with i love bar girls as it is a nice no strings attached agreement, one way or another you end up paying it's better ti know right up front how much you have to pay and then decide if it's worth it.

I have

1 real relationship

not to mention the

100% correct!

JH

Getting married is like playing roulette. You KNOW the odds of winning are stacked against you. But, there is always that one chance in 50 that it might actually work. Following the statistics you know going in that 50% of all first marriages fail and the odds against you go up with each following marriage. Of the 50% of the marriages that continue, only a small portion of the participants are truly happy. If you don't mind those odds then sit right down at the table and place your money on red or black. Bet your entire life and all your savings on the roll of the dice. But, don't be surprised if it comes up CRAPS.

This topic is similar to the one now closed for strange reasons.

Marriage is what makes the Thai bar girls different. With the exception of some hard core pros most women enter into the bar business to find a husband. The reasons are as various as women in the business.

Walking down the street I heard a, “Hello Mark.” and I turned to look. “My God Jung, your father would kill you if he knew you were here.” “He not know, away business.” “Why are you here?” “Want buy paw present.” I am always amazed.

Reasons apart from the standard, take care family, include education, cell phones, motorcycle payment, gold for boyfriend and the list is endless.

The reasons are as diverse as the ages from 18 to 60. I met one 60 year old lady with 8 children and 15 grandchildren, she was in the bar because the grandkids were driving her crazy. “Yi this, yi that is all I hear. Yi I want candy, yi I want go store.” “Let my lazy daughters take care of kids I go work bar for holiday.”

Thailand is different. Thai bar girls are different. 90% if the time if you speak Thai you will get an honest answer to almost any question you ask.

If none of the above rings true to you get out of the typical bar areas in into the Thai hinterland.

I have

1 real relationship

not to mention the

I don't know. Maybe love?

I am the black sheep of my family having been divorced, but I have four sibs, and all have been married for at least 20 years, and in talking to the four men, all are very happy husbands and daddies.

My one sister is the only one who might have second thoughts or regrets, but the men are very content.

If you haven't noticed it a lot of the Uni girls are on a break right now and the bar girls are joined by sisters who are not really bar girls.

This element of Thai society allows the furtherance of higher eduction, an opportunity to pay tuition and work on English language skills.

A far cry from only lust in some situations a foreign man can help the education and economic situation of single women in Thailand. I look at it as contributing to the future of Thailand.

The young woman I front some cash to might be a future Thai politico or doctor or lawyer. It is helping the lower classes struggling to gain a higher education level compete with the wealthy classes.

Doing your bit for the class struggle eh Mark? :clap2:

To the OP....you should open up a language school for bar girls. Some of their multilingual skills are somewhat lacking at times I find....:whistling:

There is a language and computer training facility for bar girls, and it's free.

In Pattaya it is located on Soi 19 off second road. Called S.W.I.N.G ---- sw means service workers, includes bar girls and many other trades, exclusive to women and katoeys.

My one sister is the only one who might have second thoughts or regrets, but the men are very content.

:lol: :lol:

The husbands usually ARE content... until their wife of 20 years runs off with some other guy. Or, in some cases, the guy he thought was his friend.

I personally know of at least 8 of those poor suckers. The look on his face when little wifey tells him she is leaving with Mr Studly is priceless.

But, I'm not questioning your sibling's marriages. I'm happy that they are happy. I expect my son and his wife to stay together, and probably my daughter and her husband as well. But, I never expected to get divorced, either, and in both cases it was not my idea. And, it wasn't me that played around.

In any case, it's a funny world and we try to adjust as best we can. There are no guarantees in this world. As the saying goes... "Don't worry, be happy."

There is a language and computer training facility for bar girls, and it's free.

In Pattaya it is located on Soi 19 off second road. Called S.W.I.N.G ---- sw means service workers, includes bar girls and many other trades, exclusive to women and katoeys.

Thanks for the information. I didn't know that. Nice to hear someone is providing an alternative for the women... and Katoi. And it helps even if they stay in the trade. Who knows, they may even hook some dude into a long term commitment. I've known several bar girls who hooked up with farangs, and are now in long term relationships.

This is one that I am not sure about.

When one of my mates and his (farang) wife were living in BKK, she would spend some if her days giving English lessons to bargirls.

They figured that the increased skills would help them get out of 'the industry'. I always figured that it would just help the girl find more clients.

Marriage is what makes the Thai bar girls different. With the exception of some hard core pros most women enter into the bar business to find a husband. The reasons are as various as women in the business.

Walking down the street I heard a, "Hello Mark." and I turned to look. "My God Jung, your father would kill you if he knew you were here." "He not know, away business." "Why are you here?" "Want buy paw present." I am always amazed.

Reasons apart from the standard, take care family, include education, cell phones, motorcycle payment, gold for boyfriend and the list is endless.

The reasons are as diverse as the ages from 18 to 60. I met one 60 year old lady with 8 children and 15 grandchildren, she was in the bar because the grandkids were driving her crazy. "Yi this, yi that is all I hear. Yi I want candy, yi I want go store." "Let my lazy daughters take care of kids I go work bar for holiday."

Thailand is different. Thai bar girls are different. 90% if the time if you speak Thai you will get an honest answer to almost any question you ask.

If none of the above rings true to you get out of the typical bar areas in into the Thai hinterland.

Excellent post...and you don't need to go too far to find this either. Just listening with the ears open is enough. ;)

Walking down the street I heard a, "Hello Mark." and I turned to look. "My God Jung, your father would kill you if he knew you were here." "He not know, away business." "Why are you here?" "Want buy paw present." I am always amazed.

The reasons are as diverse as the ages from 18 to 60. I met one 60 year old lady with 8 children and 15 grandchildren, she was in the bar because the grandkids were driving her crazy. "Yi this, yi that is all I hear. Yi I want candy, yi I want go store." "Let my lazy daughters take care of kids I go work bar for holiday."

Excellent post...and you don't need to go too far to find this either. Just listening with the ears open is enough. ;)

Not sure i really agree with any of that but there you go.:D

Not sure i really agree with any of that but there you go.:D

You got lousy taste in bargirls is all. :D

or should that be tastin'.....:lol:

Guys... can we stop using this thread to discuss the outside the bar side of bargirls... I don't want this thread closed down, and there are plenty of other theads that have addressed that issue, and plenty more that will in the future...

So I have sort of found this 'bargirl' business model in limited amounts in Cambodia and China... I know it exists in the Philippines and I expect Vietnam as well...

I was actually pretty proud of myself finding a couple of bars like that in Shenzhen... in fact, it was exactly what I liked, beer bar with pool table, girls getting a cut of the drinks you bought for them, and, if you believe what the girls told me, they aren't available for take-out...

I never found this sort of thing in Malaysia or Singapore **discussing specifics of prostitution***

Outside of Asia, what are the alternatives? basic requirement;

* Inside a bar, looking for a night out drinking with women, not the other way around,

* Ideally based upon 'ladydrinks' type thing, but happy to tip at the end...

* Not Japanese Hostess Bar prices - thinking not more than $50 on top of my own brinks bill...

Cheers,

Daewoo

Edited by sbk
discussion of the specifics of prostitution

And that will get this closed down per this rule:

18) Not to discuss the specifics of prostitution.

Thailand has a visible sex industry, and acknowledgment of that fact is not forbidden. However ThaiVisa is not the place to seek or give information on this topic, regardless of your sexual habits, preferences or orientation.

keep it up and warns will be issued and the thread closed

And that will get this closed down per this rule:

18) Not to discuss the specifics of prostitution.

Thailand has a visible sex industry, and acknowledgment of that fact is not forbidden. However ThaiVisa is not the place to seek or give information on this topic, regardless of your sexual habits, preferences or orientation.

keep it up and warns will be issued and the thread closed

The thread has probably run its course anyway. What goes on in foreign countries is not a topic for discussion on Thaivisa... as we've been reminded of many times. I think that is what the "Belam forum" is for.

There are hundreds of different types of bars in Thialand that offer a variety of services. Pick one that suits your needs. And, the workers in the bars are as different as personalities everywhere. The one thing that Thailand has that is not avaiable in North America or Europe (excepting private clubs) is a warm atmosphere where you can talk to strangers like they were long lost friends. What goes on after that is entirely up to the couple.