Looking For Chaing Saen Accomodation ?

ono

About ten years ago I went to Chaing Saen. There were three places to stay. The one we chose had a blaring disco going across the road~too loud and late into the night for us.

The second was too funky and the third was a new Thai hotel, too expensive.

Now, I'm thinking of heading up that way again. Does anyone have a place they could recommend. Clean and simple is fine.

Thanks!

If your heading there from Mae Sai be careful of route 1290. Went thru there on the bike last Nov/Dec it was being upgraded to 4 lane and was 100% dirt to the Hall of Opium at the G.T.

De River Boutique around 2k a night or this site http://www.chiangraiprovince.com/kkinfo/accommo.htm#Chiang has a selection. Route 1020 south from Chiang Khong also had a lot of road construction underway at the time as well.

If your heading there from Mae Sai be careful of route 1290. Went thru there on the bike last Nov/Dec it was being upgraded to 4 lane and was 100% dirt to the Hall of Opium at the G.T.

De River Boutique around 2k a night or this site http://www.chiangraiprovince.com/kkinfo/accommo.htm#Chiang has a selection. Route 1020 south from Chiang Khong also had a lot of road construction underway at the time as well.

I rode from Mae Sai to Chiang Saen in early Fbruary and the road work was nearly done. It shouldn't be a problem now.

I've stayed at the River Hill Hotel at the far end of town towards Chiang Khong. You can book only for about 1000 baht incl breakfast, or you can call or write them and they'll offer a discount. If you just show up and they have a lot of rooms available, you can usually get one for 800B.

De River Boutique around 2k a night or this site http://www.chiangrai...ommo.htm#Chiang has a selection. Route 1020 south from Chiang Khong also had a lot of road construction underway at the time as well.

I rode from Mae Sai to Chiang Saen in early Fbruary and the road work was nearly done. It shouldn't be a problem now.

I've stayed at the River Hill Hotel at the far end of town towards Chiang Khong. You can book only for about 1000 baht incl breakfast, or you can call or write them and they'll offer a discount. If you just show up and they have a lot of rooms available, you can usually get one for 800B.

Thats good to know, they have done that more quickly than they do the roads round CNX I was expecting it to take a lot longer.

Thanks for the replies.

Yermanee: Yes, I did a google search prior to posting here. Whether properly spelled or not, the resulting barrage of sites like travelpod, traveladvisor and multiple hotel booking sites ( including agoda), only sent me off the path of a room in Chiang Saen.

Dellboy, thanks for the road warnings.

Steve and el jefe, thanks for the helpful information. I'm sure to find a place, now.:D

Thanks for the replies.

Yermanee: Yes, I did a google search prior to posting here. Whether properly spelled or not, the resulting barrage of sites like travelpod, traveladvisor and multiple hotel booking sites ( including agoda), only sent me off the path of a room in Chiang Saen.

Dellboy, thanks for the road warnings.

Steve and el jefe, thanks for the helpful information. I'm sure to find a place, now.:D

On our last visit to Chiang Sean we found that there is a excellent hotel just down the roadway from the "Opium Museum." It is modern, fairly new and one can choose between modern style bungalows, or hotel accommodations. Cost is 1,000baht. While it is isolated and north of Chiang Sean, it is situated in a beautiful garden like setting with surrounding mountains. The Museum also is well worth the visit and they did not charge me the "ferang," price. Inside Chiang Sean there is a set of cabin style bungalows on the second left entering town at the very end of the soi. (Don't mistake the first one you see as it resembles the American version of AOK for campers.) They include breakfast for between 800 and 1,000 baht per day/night. The new River hotel going out of Chiang Sean to the east is very nice, but over priced for the area. Some haggling and you can stay for 1,500. Enjoy!