Inexpensiv Notary In Pattaya - Anybody Can Help?

MaaTini

for some simple reasons to confirm my adress here in pattaya, I need to certify my "letter of residence" by a local Notary

As I have never dealed with any Notary Service here in Thailand and Pattaya - and would like to prevent me for being overcharged -

does anybody know a reasonable Notary here in Pattaya, who just confirms my "letter of residence" with his signeture and stamp?

thanks in advance for any advice

I don't quite understand this. The "letter of residence" from the Immigration Office is a notarized letter.

I don't believe it is:-

"A Notary public is a public officer whose function it is to administer oaths, to attest and certify, by his hand and official seal, certain classes of documents, in order to give them credit and authenticity in a foreign jurisdiction.

In Thailand, a person who is authorized by the Lawyers Council of Thailand to administer oaths and to attest to the authenticity of signatures is the lawyer licensed from the Lawyers Council of Thailand to practice law having passed the training course of Notary Public of the Lawyers Council of Thailand to certify and to attest the authenticity of the signatures.

At present, the Lawyers Council of Thailand has passed the requirement governing the registration as an Attorney Qualified to Certify signatures and documents B.E. 2546 and opened training course for lawyers as well as the issuance of the license to the lawyers who passed such training course of Notary Public".

Inexpensive is subjective.

I have used the services of the law firm in Soi Day and Night next door to the little Indian food shop - can't remember their name.

Make sure that you confirm that they are an authorised Notary - I wasted a lot of time and money with lawyer in Surin who said was a Notary, but the lying b4stard wasn't !!

I don't quite understand this. The "letter of residence" from the Immigration Office is a notarized letter.

I don't believe it is:-

"A Notary public is a public officer whose function it is to administer oaths, to attest and certify, by his hand and official seal, certain classes of documents, in order to give them credit and authenticity in a foreign jurisdiction.

In Thailand, a person who is authorized by the Lawyers Council of Thailand to administer oaths and to attest to the authenticity of signatures is the lawyer licensed from the Lawyers Council of Thailand to practice law having passed the training course of Notary Public of the Lawyers Council of Thailand to certify and to attest the authenticity of the signatures.

At present, the Lawyers Council of Thailand has passed the requirement governing the registration as an Attorney Qualified to Certify signatures and documents B.E. 2546 and opened training course for lawyers as well as the issuance of the license to the lawyers who passed such training course of Notary Public".

Inexpensive is subjective.

I have used the services of the law firm in Soi Day and Night next door to the little Indian food shop - can't remember their name.

Make sure that you confirm that they are an authorised Notary - I wasted a lot of time and money with lawyer in Surin who said was a Notary, but the lying b4stard wasn't !!

Hey Mate

thanks alot for this information

and I really appreciate your explanation, what a "public notary" is worth for

thanks again