Rolled Oats

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone knew of suppliers who carry Rolled Oats. The instant quaker oats are quite common I know, but I am not looking for these. These are already pre-steamed and dehydrated and do not have the same hearty flavor of rolled oats. I'd prefer to buy them in bulk if possible.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Much thanks

Brodychach

Also Foodland, Big C and Villa Market have them. The brand name is "McGarrets".

I totally agree that the Quaker brand is not worth eating.

Thanks for the responses.....but are you sure that McGarret's brand is not pre-steamed as well?.....I've seen them before and I thought they were the same as the quaker brand...I"ll have to check them out again

I just got a big bag at Makro near Minburi, not bad and not expensive.

In my experience (and I've tried a lot of oats here), the Makro house brand rolled oats are excellent - much better than the tins of Quaker oats. I believe the Makro oats are not pre-cooked.

I really don't like McGarrets.

I LOVE rolled oats, glad to find this thread. Just as a side point, I've learned that 'rolled oats' are more firm, whereas instant oats are more crushed and easily dissolve on contact with any liquid.

Might I ask for some basic info on the Makro brand of rolled oats? (Not in Thailand at present).

What is the approximate weight, as well as price? Can you eat them with cold milk (like a cereal), or do they have to be mixed in with hot water (like Quaker Instant)? Do you think they carry them at the Makro down the road from Silom / Sathorn (forget street name)? Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just seen that the Central Food Hall in Chidlom carries a new brand of rolled oats by the german company Hahne.....they look pretty good compared to the McGarrett brand

I will have to check ou Makro's rolled oats and see the difference

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVE rolled oats, glad to find this thread. Just as a side point, I've learned that 'rolled oats' are more firm, whereas instant oats are more crushed and easily dissolve on contact with any liquid.

Might I ask for some basic info on the Makro brand of rolled oats? (Not in Thailand at present).

What is the approximate weight, as well as price? Can you eat them with cold milk (like a cereal), or do they have to be mixed in with hot water (like Quaker Instant)? Do you think they carry them at the Makro down the road from Silom / Sathorn (forget street name)? Thank you.

Not only hot water, but boiled or microwaved for a while. With a pinch of salt not sugar.