Indonesian Restaurant Being Built On Jomtien Second Road

Jingthing

And now a review of a restaurant that doesn't exist!

BALI BREEZE (Indonesian) restaurant

Just kidding.

Anyway, noticing a crew is constructing what appears to be an outdoor restaurant (under attractive open air structures, thus the breezes) on Jomtien 2nd Road a bit south of Soi 7.

It appears there is some investment behind it as they have erected a HUGE SIGN with the name of the not yet existing place, and a web address that is also lacking any content.

Anyway, this is something to look forward to, an Indonesian restaurant in baht bus accessible Jomtien.

And now the acid test. Do Russians like Indonesian food? :whistling:

Jomtien 2nd road which is still a work in progress is starting to show some real promise as a potentially happening street in our metro area. I can even start to picture it as a future fashionable address, even without the Ocean One condo albatross. It will be fun to watch it grow up.

Edited by Jingthing

I noticed the Indonesian resto on Soi 17 no longer exists, is it this one relocated or a completely different one?

What Indonesian restaurant on Soi 17? You mean Pattaya? Never heard of an Indonesian place on Soi 17 Pattaya or Jomtien. What was it called?

Anyway, there is an Indonesian place on Soi 8 Thepprasit, Jomtien --

http://www.indo-lavillabali-pattaya.com/

I don't know of any relations going on. Maybe once Bali Breeze it will be become clear.

That's the one JT, it's Soi 17 if you come from Third Rd. in Pattaya. And it's closed now.

Is Thepprasit in Jomtien?

Thepprasit is but if you follow a soi off of it far enough towards Pattaya, it becomes Pattaya at some point. That's interesting. So that place is now closed and a new opening up also with Bali in the same. Sound like a definitely possibility there may be a connection. This new location is better I think overall, as tourists and baht bus people can get there. I never tried the old place but their prices on the web seemed on the over side.

Edited by Jingthing

I always considered that Jomtien starts at the welcome gate over the road just before teh beach.

No.

post-37101-0-00397300-1301042254_thumb.g

So why is my address in Jomtien....Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi 20260 ? and never mentions Pattaya or Jomtien - I have never figured that out.:blink:

Jingthing - have you tried the Yugoslav Restaurant on Chayapruek 1 on the left heading for Suk from the beach ?

Split or something like that...I am not sure what the Slavs are famous for in the culinary world...? Maybe they do a mean Mexican !!!

But I doubt it...

• 8 months later...

Website still as empty as can be.

Restaurant not empty at all though ... been there, tried it and liked it a lot.

Nice settings, cheap menu. Place was almost full. Diligent and good English speaking staff.

Apparently same owner as Thai Fresh in Soi Thoongklom which is also a lovely place to eat and which does have an existing webiste: http://thaifresh-pattaya.com/index.html

I have been to the place now once and found it quite OK and a welcome addition to the food scene here. However, I can't say it approached the best Indonesian food I've had in Indonesia or the Netherlands. I was surprised at how FULL the rather LARGE place was though. The location is a little off the beaten track and the only ads I have heard for it has been on a local radio station. The customers looked to be mostly short term tourists. Perhaps they promote through hotels.

Edited by Jingthing