Civil Court Finds PAD Guilty In Bangkok Airport Closure Case

webfact

Is TAN yellow? .........

do you guy know?

TAN is the Thai Asean news network reporting on thre case so I fail to understand you're question, unless it is a play on words to do with colour schemes that is!!!! Tan, yellow and all that :whistling: .

Who are we? We are Thailand's only 24-hourEnglish news channel.

Aimed to showcase all aspects of the Kingdom of Thailand and countries throughout the entire ASEAN regions to its both Thai and foreign viewers, Thai-ASEAN News (TAN) Network or the former Thailand Outlook Channel (TOC) broadcasts via Asia Satellite Television (ASTV). Despite the same broadcasting entity, TAN Network is absolutely independent from ASTV. Broadcasting entirely in English from the Thai capital of Bangkok, TAN Network is operated and managed by Thai nationals. It offers a perfect arena for everything you need to know about Thailand and of countries throughout the entire ASEAN region. The end-goal of the channel is to give a voice to the untold stories throughout the land, promote debate, and challenge established perceptions that surround the Thai media.

http://www.tannetwork.tv/tan/aboutus.aspx

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Case dismissed for police to dismantle Thai Patriots site

The Central Administrative Court on Friday threw out the case in which the Thai Patriots Network sued police for the wrongful dismantling of its rally site on Phitsanulok Road on March 7.</H2>

The court cited its lack of purview as ground for dismissal, saying the case is not an administrative dispute but falls under the jurisdiction of the courts of justice.

In handing down the verdict, the court said police had the mandate to dismantle the rally site as sanctioned by the Internal Security Act.

Citing ISA provisions, the Centre for the Administration of Peace and Order issued an announcement giving advance notice for protesters to leave the site before instructing police to carry out the eviction, the verdict said. Any legal disputes related to ISA provisions are under the purview of the courts of justice, it added.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2011/03/25/national/Case-dismissed-for-police-to-dismantle-Thai-Patrio-30151777.html

It's coming to them like a tsunami now ...

Any question why they plan to boycot the election?

Edited by elcent

or become a non elected member of the cabinet

Who has avoided paying damages by "becoming a non elected member of cabinet"?

Well it a pointless question by you because as yet nobody has avoided paying damages because as yet we do not know if they will pay or not, but I am sure you know this full well and I am sure you know that I refer to Kasit who so far has avoided any charges as he is a member of the cabinet whilst not being elected for parliament. Ergo by becoming a one elected member of the cabinet you can avoid charges and therefore probably avoid damages.

On another note if you wish to be pedantic, this matter was in the civil court, the damages awarded will probably never be paid as Thailand does not have any procedure to ensure they are paid, therefore going to 'nick' if they don't pay is not on the agenda. As this is the case i doubt there will even be an appeal, it will just go unpaid.

Wow what a fantastic system........................kind of expected it here though!!

Oh and the interest is adding up?

jb1

Apparently it failed to clarify for the forum reds that still refuse to acknowledge that the Reds had more violent incidents and far more weaponry which resulted in far more deaths and far more mayhem and destruction.

Oh, well.

Both governments handled the situation differently primarily because the military supported one of those governments and did not the other.

Had there been an attempt (and rightfully so and as would have happened in any other country in the World) to remove the protesters from the airport using live ammunition and force as we saw at Rajaprasong what would have happened then?

I think we all know the answer.

Yep, if the bro-in-law had a pair we would have found out. But he didn't / doesn't. And if things had been different in '92 or '73 or 1941 blah blah blah. I am not defending PAD, but the fact is their leaders didn't ell them to bring bottles filled with petrol, they didn't have rogue army officers with an armed militia behind them, they didn't storm hospitals, shoot RPG's at public transit or burn down a shopping center (or even the airport). All of those don'ts don't make what they did okay, it just differentiates them from the Reds.

Apparently it failed to clarify for the forum reds that still refuse to acknowledge that the Reds had more violent incidents and far more weaponry which resulted in far more deaths and far more mayhem and destruction.

Oh, well.

Both governments handled the situation differently primarily because the military supported one of those governments and did not the other.

Had there been an attempt (and rightfully so and as would have happened in any other country in the World) to remove the protesters from the airport using live ammunition and force as we saw at Rajaprasong what would have happened then?

I think we all know the answer.

Yep, if the bro-in-law had a pair we would have found out. But he didn't / doesn't. And if things had been different in '92 or '73 or 1941 blah blah blah. I am not defending PAD, but the fact is their leaders didn't ell them to bring bottles filled with petrol, they didn't have rogue army officers with an armed militia behind them, they didn't storm hospitals, shoot RPG's at public transit or burn down a shopping center (or even the airport). All of those don'ts don't make what they did okay, it just differentiates them from the Reds.

Why is that people dont see the link between the Pad and its army backers... Would it be possible to have a 'paint ' facility on this forum because some here need you to draw it for them

Why is that people dont see the link between the Pad and its army backers... Would it be possible to have a 'paint ' facility on this forum because some here need you to draw it for them

Would it be possible to tell us what this link is? If the army and PAD are so entwined, why is the army letting PAD die a slow death? And how does this link whitewash all the violence of the Reds? So the army didn't move in and kill a bunch of PAD demonstrators. The government and army were more than patient with the thugs who took over a section of downtown Bangkok and advocated the violent overthrow of the government, as well as the burning of hospitals, mosques, and other institutions. Since this argument has been going on for a year, I'm guessing we won't come to an understanding tonight....

[

If you think that only the PAD has some powerful friends in the Thai military then you have neither looked at the fact that an active duty Thai general was allowed to threaten his bosses publicly and act outside of the chain of command including training and leading the UDD armed insurgency. You seem also to have missed how many generals are involved with the TRT and it's 2 proxy parties. You might have missed that many people of one class (still talking about generals here) were passed over for promotion or significant commands etc etc

I know that some posters would like to think that it is black and white but this is obviously not true. Just like some posters would like to think that the army = repression but fail to look at the upcountry political machines that work diligently to maintain the status quo. Yeppers thats the PTP's MP's and those that control them directly working against the stated goals of the UDD yet still getting UDD support. If you asked why then it would lead you to the money supporting the UDD. If you look at the original people that were actually wanting real change you won't see any of them in the red leadership. Just like if you look at the largely middleclass members of the PAD from the beginning you just won't find many of them there any more. Both sides went far too extreme over the last 2 years to have any real support from anyone but their own brand of elite --- as from the beginning it is still one set of elite battling against another. Some member from upcountry was regaling us about how wealthy the backers of the UDD were in KK, driving around in 20,000,000 baht cars etc ... which clearly shows the fallacy of UDD=concern for rural poverty.

correct me if I'm wrong about this but, despite its claims to independence, I thought that the TAN was owned by the same people as ASTV (eg. Sonthi...) and that it was part of his manager 'poojatgarn' (not sure how to write it in karaoke Thai...) media group... Maybe its realy is independent of ASTV not, but that the channel that preceeded it (the Thailand outlook channel) wasnt... I remember seeing the 2006 coup footage/analysis on both ASTV and TOC and the coverage and editorial standpoints of the journalists were practically the same on both channels.

Is TAN yellow? .........

do you guy know?

TAN is the Thai Asean news network reporting on thre case so I fail to understand you're question, unless it is a play on words to do with colour schemes that is!!!! Tan, yellow and all that :whistling: .

Who are we? We are Thailand's only 24-hourEnglish news channel.

Aimed to showcase all aspects of the Kingdom of Thailand and countries throughout the entire ASEAN regions to its both Thai and foreign viewers, Thai-ASEAN News (TAN) Network or the former Thailand Outlook Channel (TOC) broadcasts via Asia Satellite Television (ASTV). Despite the same broadcasting entity, TAN Network is absolutely independent from ASTV. Broadcasting entirely in English from the Thai capital of Bangkok, TAN Network is operated and managed by Thai nationals. It offers a perfect arena for everything you need to know about Thailand and of countries throughout the entire ASEAN region. The end-goal of the channel is to give a voice to the untold stories throughout the land, promote debate, and challenge established perceptions that surround the Thai media.

http://www.tannetwor...an/aboutus.aspx

The report says that a Puea Thai Party Chair of the House Committee on Military Affairs has disclosed “an account of ammunition disbursed by the army during the crackdown on red shirts early last year” that we call the Battle for Bangkok.

Even allowing for the army’s fudging and “losses,” it is astounding that “3,000 sniper rounds of which 880 were returned…”. It would appear that 2,120 rounds were fired at protesters and others by the army during April and May 2010.

Moreover, less than 7,000 blank rounds were fired while 117,923 live rounds were fired at the people. So much for the government’s claims that blanks were used and “reasonable” measures taken by state forces….

Its called alternative press..you should trying reading... Sorry if this off thread but the nation wont print claims like this

Question: the rounds not returned, were they fired or just not returned?

As I indicated in another thread if 117,923 rounds are fired and the RobertA report even mentions 'firing live rounds, directly into dense crowds of unarmed demonstrators', where are all those bodies of dead people?

Edited by rubl

Which members??

Reading this topic I noticed an unanswered question. Can't have that, obviously:

1. Chamlong Srimuang

2. Sondhi Limthongkul

3. Pipop Thongchai

4. Suriyasai Katasila

5. Somsak Kosaisuuk

6. Chaiwat Sinsuwong

7. Somkiat Pongpaiboon

8. Saranyu Wongkrachang

9. Samran Rodpet

10. Sirichai Maingarm

11. Maleerat Kaewka

12. Pipob Thongchai

13. Terdpom Jaidee

http://asiancorrespondent.com/51144/thai-court-orders-pad-leaders-to-pay-compensation-over-airport-seizure/

Edited by rubl

500 million Baht. Super cheap.

The winning plaintiff, AOT President Sereerat Pasutanon was satisfied with it.

IF they get it it might just go a little way towards the 2.7 Billion Baht they allegedly owe ITO Joint Venture for work undertaken on the buildings at Swampy........Perhaps they could get an external company in to run the car parks and make a profit there, but then again, maybe not.

Would it be possible to tell us what this link is? If the army and PAD are so entwined, why is the army letting PAD die a slow death? And how does this link whitewash all the violence of the Reds? So the army didn't move in and kill a bunch of PAD demonstrators. The government and army were more than patient with the thugs who took over a section of downtown Bangkok and advocated the violent overthrow of the government, as well as the burning of hospitals, mosques, and other institutions. Since this argument has been going on for a year, I'm guessing we won't come to an understanding tonight....

The armed forces are not letting Pad die a death. Only the other night it was reported about 4 retired top ranking forces personnel , including I think an Air Vice Marshall, standing on the PAD stage and one was even spouting about going to war with Cambodia. It was also stated that they agreed with Sondhi that Thai Politics should be clensed for 3-5 years. These guys dont ever retire they still take their orders from Prem. I am not saying its all the army, its just the most influential parts of the army, its not generals that take care of conscripts.

PS.. Read Clense as... Prem will select the government members. Effectively cutting off thaksin from politics. These people are petrified of Thaksin.. Everyone to their own opinion but I still believe, for good or bad, that providing he does not meet an unnatural end Thaksin is coming back.. I think hes got his eye on a couple of jobs already

I still believe, for good or bad, that providing he does not meet an unnatural end Thaksin is coming back.. I think hes got his eye on a couple of jobs already

It will be "for bad" unless the job he has his eye on is crash test dummy for the auto industry, or rectal pin cushion for the prison population. It will be civil war if that tyrant ever tries to set foot on Thai soil again and lives.

I guess if you are correct then we can only hope he meets an end and soon, natural or otherwise.

Again someone is associating retired military strictly with the PAD ... perhaps they should look at PTP as well starting with General Chavalit Yongchaiyudh.

People might remember him as Thaksin's appointment as the leader of the People's Army (which I think Chavalit declined .. but I am not sure)

Edited by jdinasia

Again someone is associating retired military strictly with the PAD ... perhaps they should look at PTP as well starting with General Chavalit Yongchaiyudh.

People might remember him as Thaksin's appointment as the leader of the People's Army (which I think Chavalit declined .. but I am not sure)

Yes, he choked on his breakfast khao-tom (or whatever), and issued an immediate and emphatic denial ! :rolleyes:

One other point I'd like to make, that with this verdict, it really ought to be past-time for some posters to stop claiming that no action has ever been taken against the PAD over their various protests, as this is clearly not true.

The law may well move very-slowly here, and people sentenced years-ago to jail may still not yet have served their time, but it is being applied to both groups of loony-tunes extremists, which is a (small) step in the right direction. B)

The PAD violated the principles of peaceful assembly as evidenced by PAD-led protesters putting on masks and wielding wooden and iron sticks to raid the grounds of the two airports, the verdict said.

Some posters were denying there were violent elements at the airport on another thread.

Hope that clarifies.

The forum yellows will still deny it, or try and justify it, or come with some nonsense while trying to compare it to the reds rather than just accept the PAD are violent thugs.

Actually I remember from another thread, a poster claiming to have been at the airport and seen assault rifles etc .... no mention of that in the verdict. Yes it is fair to contrast people wielding cudgels to people firing grenades and say that one is certainly more deadly than the other.

"At least 4,000 protesters from the same group which shut down Bangkok airports last year have gathered near the temple.Television channels showed the yellow-clad protesters – the Yellow Shirts – armed with sticks trying to beat local villagers and Thai riot police, who pushed back with shields.

Several dozen villagers were injured, the military said, without giving an exact figure. One villager was shot in the neck and 20 people were hospitalised, Kantharalak district hospital said."

Source Asian Correspondent - Quote from ABC (Australia)

"At least 4,000 protesters from the same group which shut down Bangkok airports last year have gathered near the temple.Television channels showed the yellow-clad protesters – the Yellow Shirts – armed with sticks trying to beat local villagers and Thai riot police, who pushed back with shields.

Several dozen villagers were injured, the military said, without giving an exact figure. One villager was shot in the neck and 20 people were hospitalised, Kantharalak district hospital said."

There have been 'altercations' between villagers and PAD/yellow-shirt supporters two times. Once in September 2009 and recently February 2011. Your quote refers to 2009 I think.

These articles about 2011:

"PAD on Friday will visit Kantharalak district to boost the morale of Thai troops and residents along the border and hand them over one million baht in cash donated by the group’s supporters in the past two days."

http://www.thailandnews.co/2011/02/yellow-shirts-confirms-to-visit-si-sa-ket-on-11-feb/

"Villagers in Khok Sung, the district close to the area where the Thais were arrested, staged a counter-rally to oppose the group's move."

http://ki-media.blogspot.com/2011/02/thai-villagers-rally-to-call-on-pad-to.html

September 2009:

"Channel 9 television said a state of emergency had been declared in the province's Kantharalak district, with riot police sent to break up fighting between yellow-shirted PAD protesters and villagers armed with slingshots and stakes.

Scores of villagers hurled rocks at cars and buses transporting 4,000 protesters to the disputed frontier, where they planned to rally to "reclaim" the 11th-Century Preah Vihear temple, which an international court awarded to Cambodia in 1962."

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/20090919/thai-red-shirts-rally-mark-coup-anniversary.htm

Edited by rubl

"At least 4,000 protesters from the same group which shut down Bangkok airports last year have gathered near the temple.Television channels showed the yellow-clad protesters the Yellow Shirts armed with sticks trying to beat local villagers and Thai riot police, who pushed back with shields.

There have been 'altercations' between villagers and PAD/yellow-shirt supporters two times. Once in September 2009 and recently February 2011. Your quote refers to 2009 I think.

"PAD on Friday will visit Kantharalak district to boost the morale of Thai troops and residents along the border and hand them over one million baht in cash donated by the group's supporters in the past two days."

http://www.thailandn...-ket-on-11-feb/

"Villagers in Khok Sung, the district close to the area where the Thais were arrested, staged a counter-rally to oppose the group's move."

http://ki-media.blog...-on-pad-to.html

September 2009:

"Channel 9 television said a state of emergency had been declared in the province's Kantharalak district, with riot police sent to break up fighting between yellow-shirted PAD protesters and villagers armed with slingshots and stakes.

Scores of villagers hurled rocks at cars and buses transporting 4,000 protesters to the disputed frontier, where they planned to rally to "reclaim" the 11th-Century Preah Vihear temple, which an international court awarded to Cambodia in 1962."

http://www.ibtimes.c...anniversary.htm

Indeed Rubi................and if the PAD had not been there?......................The presence of the PAD caused the violence did it not.........they were prepared to confront and attack their own people if necessary to make their protest..............fair comment yes?

Or are you implying that the violence in Bangkok was not the fault of the reds.......................

Interesting view..........

Edited by 473geo

"PAD on Friday will visit Kantharalak district to boost the morale of Thai troops and residents along the border and hand them over one million baht in cash donated by the group's supporters in the past two days."

http://www.thailandn...-ket-on-11-feb/

http://ki-media.blog...-on-pad-to.html

September 2009:

http://www.ibtimes.c...anniversary.htm

Indeed Rubi................and if the PAD had not been there?......................The presence of the PAD caused the violence did it not.........they were prepared to confront and attack their own people if necessary to make their protest..............fair comment yes?

Or are you implying that the violence in Bangkok was not the fault of the reds.......................

Interesting view..........

Interesting view indeed. The presence of PAD caused violence, true. Actually I was protesting against your 'yellow-clad protesters armed with sticks trying to beat' where other sources say 'fighting between yellow-shirted PAD protesters and villagers armed with slingshots and stakes'.

In 2009 the PAD was more likely prepared to defend themselves against villagers who didn't like them to protest along the border. IMHO of course

If they also lose at the appeal court and supreme court, they will be forced to pay and assets confiscated. This is not a problem for a Thai businessman as he/she will transfer all assets to a proxy. However, if they don't pay, they will be declared bankrupt. This will be a problem for government employees especially politicians. It's an indirect way to eliminate political opposition.

Can't agree that this is a method to eliminate opposition. It is more a method to make people responsible for their actions - if as a consequence they can no longer run for office, that is something the perpertrators should have considered beforehand. Of course they could always pay up.................

I do wonder if each party has liablility limited to one thirteenth, or if each party is liable for the whole amount.

You cannot help yourself..but nobody is listening anymore. Take defeat on this point gracefully..like a man.. While your licking your wounds justify this little titbit recently surface on the net

and justify or explain away.

2,120 sniper shots fired

PPT knows that the army has great trouble keeping track of its arms and ammunition as they are lost, stolen, misplaced and traded in large numbers. However, a short report at ............. makes for interesting reading.

The report says that a Puea Thai Party Chair of the House Committee on Military Affairs has disclosed "an account of ammunition disbursed by the army during the crackdown on red shirts early last year" that we call the Battle for Bangkok.

Even allowing for the army's fudging and "losses," it is astounding that "3,000 sniper rounds of which 880 were returned…". It would appear that 2,120 rounds were fired at protesters and others by the army during April and May 2010.

Moreover, less than 7,000 blank rounds were fired while 117,923 live rounds were fired at the people. So much for the government's claims that blanks were used and "reasonable" measures taken by state forces….

Its called alternative press..you should trying reading... Sorry if this off thread but the nation wont print claims like this

My math says that more than 119,000 of 120,000 rounds fired actually missed hitting any person. Either this was intentional as in a reasonable response, or the RTa was on a murderous rampage (as claimed by Red supporters) but were hampered by blindness, palsy or possibly Parkinson's disease.

There is also the fact that there is no report of M-79 grenades being issued, but there were several casualties from this ordnance. I consider shooting somebody firing a M-79 at oneself or innocent bystanders more than reasonable, in fact, rational.

Good luck getting any money from them.

if they do get the money then who is it going to go to. the thousands that were victims who were stuck in the airport or the already rich airlines ???

Good luck getting any money from them.

if they do get the money then who is it going to go to. the thousands that were victims who were stuck in the airport or the already rich airlines ???

It has ordered the 13 to pay 522 million baht in damages to the AOT.

This was action brought by the AOT (Airports of Thailand). The airlines and passengers need to raise their own claim.