Lao Girl Cut In Half By Fleeing Stolen Porsche: Thai Police

webfact

Found a bit in the Thai media about it.

The victim was a 17 year old Lao girl who had recently come to the area to work with her aunt selling grilled chicken. She was out buying noodles when the crash happened as she was crossing the road.

After the crash the driver sped away, parking the car 10 km away and waited in the car for 5-10 minutes before getting out, locking it and hailing a taxi. His shirt was described as blood-spattered.

Witnesses say the driver was male (aged 20-25) and in a student's uniform (white shirt and black trousers).

There doesn't appear to be any mention of the car having been stolen.

Wonder if it's a another Praewa in the making?

RIP

http://www.manager.co.th/Crime/ViewNews.aspx?NewsID=9540000038339

http://76.nationchannel.com/playvideo.php?id=142433

Interesting.

Probably some filthy rich brat who's parents will grease his way out.

The amazing part is that he drove for 10km with 1/2 a body in the car. Good that someone saw him. I feared no one would.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The victim was a 17 year old Lao girl who had recently come to the area to work with her aunt selling grilled chicken. She was out buying noodles when the crash happened as she was crossing the road.

After the crash the driver sped away, parking the car 10 km away and waited in the car for 5-10 minutes before getting out, locking it and hailing a taxi. His shirt was described as blood-spattered.

Witnesses say the driver was male (aged 20-25) and in a student's uniform (white shirt and black trousers).

There doesn't appear to be any mention of the car having been stolen.

Wonder if it's a another Praewa in the making?

RIP

Interesting.

Probably some filthy rich brat who's parents will grease his way out.

The amazing part is that he drove for 10km with 1/2 a body in the car. Good that someone saw him. I feared no one would.

To be ripped in half, she's either not seen him coming or he's been going 200kmph+ ? Either way, it's going to be interesting how this pans out, jaywalking anyone?

Don't you just love Thai manners ? Even after the guy has stolen your car and killed someone with it, left half of them in the passenger seat, he is still considerate enough to lock up the car on leaving.

Unfortunately of course he hasn't stolen the car, at the end of the day its a fine no doubt.

Looking at the pics I'm sure that I'm not the only one wishing the entrance hole was further to the right.

On another note I have to show the pics to the guys in the Porsche garage next to my office because when I relayed the original post to them they were frankly skeptical about this.

Edited by roamer

I don't believe the car was stolen. The police put out this disinformation and then pick up a massive backhander from the driver who was probably the spoilt son of somebody with connections.

RIP the nameless victim.

The victim has been named as "Miss Thongbai, 17, a Lao national". No naming of the owner of the Porsche or the student driving it. He is described as tall, fair-skinned and very blood-spattered. He was seen leaving in a pink taxi.

If the reporting of the witnesses. time involved, taxi ride, etc are accurate, some young man in his new play toy (red license) may want to transfer to a school outside Thailand. Statue of limitations, possible charges, etc should work out so that there is no inconvenience to him nor his family.

If as noted. the vehicle was stolen, the documentation of reports, etc should be easy enough to verify, of course those Mobil phone records are a bitch. At least the driver was thoughtful enough to lock the vehicle to protect the crime scene from any manipulation.

When the victim is charged with breaking and entering and the family is billed for repairs of the vehicle, expected justice, will have been undertaken.

If the reporting of the witnesses. time involved, taxi ride, etc are accurate, some young man in his new play toy (red license) may want to transfer to a school outside Thailand. Statue of limitations, possible charges, etc should work out so that there is no inconvenience to him nor his family.

If as noted. the vehicle was stolen, the documentation of reports, etc should be easy enough to verify, of course those Mobil phone records are a bitch. At least the driver was thoughtful enough to lock the vehicle to protect the crime scene from any manipulation.

When the victim is charged with breaking and entering and the family is billed for repairs of the vehicle, expected justice, will have been undertaken.

Are there statute of limitations on this sort of thing in Thailand? I know in Australia there are no statute of limitations on a hit and run motor vehicle fatality.

Love the double standard here....If a Toyota Camry had run over the daughter of a Thai general and did a runner, there would be a nation wide manhunt.....This is the aspect of Thailand I hate the most, with the high so elites doing pretty much whatever they want and getting away with it on a consistent basis. The most minor bit of detective work would establish that the driver was in fact the owner. The information that the driver had the key and locked the door as he left is the final bit of information needed. But as someone said , money will be paid, there will be NO follow up, and the whole thing will fade away. No wonder the peasants ( how they are perceived by the hi so elites) are becoming angry.

According to the thai news last night in Nation Channel, the driver was described as a 19 year old male student from a so called "prestigious" thai family but they are withholding the name at the moment. There was never an issue of the car being stolen.

Guess it another case of some so called Thai Hi-So family that made their money through corruption as usual and their so called younger generation bastards kids thinking they own the country.

Hmmmm obviously idiot kids of hi so elites driving around multi million baht cars at high speeds represent a clear and present danger to standard Thais walking around. So as a means to preserve and improve social order, I propose all their cars be confiscated, sold, and the money used to build homes for poor people in Isan....This would be a win win all around !!! :jap:

1. Less idiot spoiled kids having accidents

2. Less standard Thais being run over

3. New homes for poor people

Laos girl? Did she have a valid visa? If she has, is her visa the correct type? Is she working in Thailand? Did she have a work permit? These are some questions that Thai police needs to work out first.

Just a tad insensitive don't you think.

Laos girl? Did she have a valid visa? If she has, is her visa the correct type? Is she working in Thailand? Did she have a work permit? These are some questions that Thai police needs to work out first.

Just a tad insensitive don't you think.

I think it was tongue in cheek. :rolleyes:

I follow the link and watch the MCOT news broadcast. I did not make it up, please don't shoot me. The police in the interview say he is suspecting that since the girl is from Laos, she could have look at the left to check for approaching car by mistake, while in Thailand, she should have look to the right. Laos an Thailand drive on different side.

Edited by IanPrince99

Don't you just love Thai manners ? Even after the guy has stolen your car and killed someone with it, left half of them in the passenger seat, he is still considerate enough to lock up the car on leaving.

Unfortunately of course he hasn't stolen the car, at the end of the day its a fine no doubt.

Looking at the pics I'm sure that I'm not the only one wishing the entrance hole was further to the right.

On another note I have to show the pics to the guys in the Porsche garage next to my office because when I relayed the original post to them they were frankly skeptical about this.

Sorry to keep coming in on your posts. But I hope the forensic people were able to get to the car before it was cleaned up?

jb1

Agree, the owner is most likely driving the car. Report car theft is typical excuse used. On the other hand, it is also possible that the poor girl ran into the super fast car thinking she had enough time to get to the other side. An accident really.

An accident really?

jb1

Agree, the owner is most likely driving the car. Report car theft is typical excuse used. On the other hand, it is also possible that the poor girl ran into the super fast car thinking she had enough time to get to the other side. An accident really.

An accident really?

jb1

If the car was speeding that makes it a criminal act.

An accident really?

jb1

If the car was speeding that makes it a criminal act.

IF? Had to have been, wouldn't it?

Horrible.... is what I can say..now

drivin' a Porsche? Have money but don't have moral..........

sympathy ..... to her

Life is much more harder than Thai in Laos.... That's why she is here.

Harrumph! Since when do people with money in this country have morals (unless it's for a photo / face rising opportunity) ??? :bah:

An accident really?

jb1

Driving at or below the speed limit whilst paying all due care and attention to your surroundings and you hit someone who unexpectedly steps out, an accident more likely than not. Driving at such a horrendous speed through a built up area where you can slice someone in two and where you have absolutely no awareness of your surroundings, and failing to stop and render assistance is definately not an accident.

This is only an Australian interpretation...........

Culpable Driving
: This offence covers homicides caused by the culpable driving of a motor vehicle. This offence is committed where a person drives a motor vehicle negligently, recklessly or whilst under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Culpable driving causing death

318. Culpable driving causing death

(1) Any person who by the culpable driving of a motor vehicle causes the death

of another person shall be guilty of an indictable offence and shall be liable

to level 3 imprisonment (20 years maximum) or a level 3 fine or both.

Hmmmm obviously idiot kids of hi so elites driving around multi million baht cars at high speeds represent a clear and present danger to standard Thais walking around. So as a means to preserve and improve social order, I propose all their cars be confiscated, sold, and the money used to build homes for poor people in Isan....This would be a win win all around !!! :jap:

1. Less idiot spoiled kids having accidents

2. Less standard Thais being run over

3. New homes for poor people

But there are no poor people in Issan..... are there..?

From what I've read so far, here is my prediction of what will happen:

1. The police will rule that it was an accident.

2. The boy's family (probably his mother) will attend the funeral.

3. They will offer the girl's family 30,000 - 50,000 baht.

4. The story will then vanish from the news.

5. His family will buy him a new car.

:angry: