Lao Girl Cut In Half By Fleeing Stolen Porsche: Thai Police

webfact

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The police are not releasing the owner's name yet but have said the car is registered to an address in Bangkok Noi, Arunamarin sub-district and the family is well-known.

The car is registered to the father but college books and forms and an identification card left in the car pertain to the 19-year-old son.

The police have now announced the car is registered to 58-year-old Supachai Thaksinthaweesup (ศุภชัย ทักษิณทวีทรัพย์) of 5/61 Baromrachachonanee Road, Arunamarin, Bangkok Noi but they don't know who was driving. They have also announced negotiations between the relatives of the killed girl and the owner of the vehicle will take place today.

Perhaps a change to the thread title as the police are now putting forward a different version of events.

On a separate matter, do you think that the taxi was called and the taxi driver known to the hi-so lad who killed the girl.

Almost certainly, that's why he sat in the car for ten minuets.

jb1

" At least the driver was thoughtful enough to lock the vehicle to protect the crime scene from any manipulation."

I thought it was normal practice for people to lock their cars to prevent others from stealing them. If it was my car and I was in a panic, I'd probably lock it out of habit. If it wasn't my car and I was in a panic, I'd probably not lock it.

Book'em Dano!

The police have now announced the car is registered to 58-year-old Supachai Thaksinthaweesup (ศุภชัย ทักษิณทวีทรัพย์) of 5/61 Baromrachachonanee Road, Arunamarin, Bangkok Noi but they don't know who was driving. They have also announced negotiations between the relatives of the killed girl and the owner of the vehicle will take place today.

What does negotiations mean in Thai? A few baht change hands and the file is closed? Offender free to committ the offence again? Please tell me this is not true.

RIP

I cannot believe the kid drove for another 4 to 5 minutes, then sat in the car 5-10 minutes after parking (according to witnesses via one of the news links above) and then got out and left.

There is a very good possibility the girl was still alive, albeit in a serious state of shock and probably for only a few minutes as she bled out, but depending on how she landed inside and where exactly she was cut, she could have still been able to move a little, look at him, and possibly even speak a word or two. Even if none of this happened, this kid's life is ruined as well (and rightly so). He will be haunted by her in his head forever, and he will always see her in his mind.

WHAT? She would certainly be in a serious atate of shock to find her upper body 10km from her lower body???

jb1

" At least the driver was thoughtful enough to lock the vehicle to protect the crime scene from any manipulation."

I thought it was normal practice for people to lock their cars to prevent others from stealing them. If it was my car and I was in a panic, I'd probably lock it out of habit. If it wasn't my car and I was in a panic, I'd probably not lock it.

Book'em Dano!

Very true, didn't want anyone stealing his new expensive ride. :unsure:

The driver was clearly driving too fast and endangering but these cars are not faster than the speed of sound or invisible. A stock Cayman makes a fairly throaty and aggressive engine noise.

Learn to look and listen when crossing the road.

I wonder if driver called someone on the cell phone and they told him to abandon the car.

In some countries they would be checking phone call records and cell tower locations.

I doubt they will be bothering after they collect some "fees" from the owner.

RIP

I cannot believe the kid drove for another 4 to 5 minutes, then sat in the car 5-10 minutes after parking (according to witnesses via one of the news links above) and then got out and left.

There is a very good possibility the girl was still alive, albeit in a serious state of shock and probably for only a few minutes as she bled out, but depending on how she landed inside and where exactly she was cut, she could have still been able to move a little, look at him, and possibly even speak a word or two. Even if none of this happened, this kid's life is ruined as well (and rightly so). He will be haunted by her in his head forever, and he will always see her in his mind.

He probably spent the time making a few phone calls to see how he could be bailed out of the situation

So I guess no one of any real importance in Thailand then or they would not release the name.

What does negotiations mean in Thai? A few baht change hands and the file is closed? Offender free to committ the offence again? Please tell me this is not true.

Sadly it is very true. As the driver came from a very Influential family. The girls family will probably get more than the 30 to 50,000bt that someone mentioned earlier.

jb1

Edited by jimbeam1

Is the Porche being sold at half price ?

So sad about the young girl , thankfully she wouldnt have known anything about it and lucky also that she wasnt hospitalised , who would have paid for the treatment ? No doubt she would have been written off on arrival having no insurance or funds to cover treatment . RIP.

what about fingerprints in the car? Match with whom? The driver may be traceable through DNA from the girl as well.

.....and clothes worn by or disgarded by a suspect - blood splattered.

Was the car reported stolen prior to the hit and run or after? Who reported it stolen and which cell tower (where) picked up the signal of the call? Where was the owner and with whom, before during and after? From where was the car stolen?

Those are the type of questions an objective & adept investigator would pursue. This is Thailand, it just don't happen that way.

RIP

Sat with half a dead corpse for ten minutes in the confines of a small car.

Either in shock or a real bad ass. :(

Sadly it is very true. As the driver came from a very Influential family. The girls family will probably get more than the 30 to 50,000bt that someone mentioned earlier.

jb1

Briggsy has managed to find details of the registered owner and address. They don't know who the driver was?. Maybe it was Somchai, the local motorcycle taxi guy who asked the owner if he could borrow it for an hour or two for a spin, or maybe the owner's son who asked daddy if he could borrow his car and take it for a spin? Which sounds more likely.

The son? No shit Sherlock!

Stolen? No f**cking way. Just police jargon for "We know who was driving the car, but we can't/won't act because his father is an influential (read: corrupt as hell) person".

Sounds just like the guy who drove his daddy's Benz into the bus stop crowd (Moo Ham) and the creature that was speeding along the Don Mueang Tollway and sent a bunch of van passengers flying to an early grave. Too much money, no brains.

Value of 1 white Porsche? In excess of 6 million baht. Value one human life oh about B50,000 or so.

End of rant. :bah:

Edited by ratcatcher

jb1

It is totally disgusting and enough to make anyone vomit that a life taken can be replaced with say 30,000 baht. I would like to see those two thai arsewipes who murdered the young kid on the streets of Melbourne for fun offer his family money. "Hey here is 30,000 baht that should cover your grief and make things square." Insult an Aussie in this way and you would find yourself dead in the time it takes a bee to flap it's wings once. (200 times per second)

jb1

Influential family? What do they do. Current serving politicians running for re election, business people? Sorry I just do not know who or what there are.

jb1

Influential family? What do they do. Current serving politicians running for re election, business people? Sorry I just do not know who or what there are.

ok I see now they own AIS and TOT and worth Billions

Just watched the video. It was a Cayman hardtop. Clearly the bumper cut her in 1/2.

She wasn't cut in half at the ankles.

Trying not to be too gross, what makes sense is: the impact (shin level) sent her in a spin, head towards the windscreen, legs rotating up. And the thin edge of the roof was the part that dissected her. Leaving her top half in the car.

You appear to be confused. AIS is owned by the Singaporean sovereign fund, Temasek. TOT is owned by the Thai Government and is classed as 'a state enterprise'. The previous owner of AIS has the given name, Thaksin. The owner of the Porsche has the surname, Thaksinthaweesup. In the same way John Prescott, former UK deputy prime minister is not from the same family as Ben Johnson, former Olympic sprinter.

You appear to be confused. AIS is owned by the Singaporean sovereign fund, Temasek. TOT is owned by the Thai Government and is classed as 'a state enterprise'. The previous owner of AIS has the given name, Thaksin. The owner of the Porsche has the surname, Thaksinthaweesup. In the same way John Prescott, former UK deputy prime minister is not from the same family as Ben Johnson, former Olympic sprinter.

Aked a thai and that was the answer. So who are these mythical influencial rice farmers that no one has ever heard of. I guess they own the local mum & pop store in the local village.