New Condo Promotions In Pattaya

toenail

it really is the 'I cant afford it so it must be crap' attitude.

BINGO!

Pattaya is full to the brim with bullsh** millionaires in their home countries but own absolutely nothing here even the motorcycle they ride on is rented, they dress like slobs and give it the big "i am" down soi new plaza its pathetic.

Everything I have ever done here involving buying property, physical Gold etc some nob head has had to say something negative when it comes up in conversation.

I have done well here with 2 off plan condos (picked the best plots on two separate develpoments both sold for a nice profit and 1 house done well there and not so well with another house but you cant win them all. I bought gold 2 years ago quite a bit and the same old crap "you will loose it all" its going to crash, i wouldnt of done that etc etc, same old toss pots who aint got nothing and never will.

If you have half a brain you can hand pick the best plots on developments if you are either as thick as shit or do not have the money to buy, you can simply slag everyone else off that has bought here as it will temporarily relive you of your self pity and worthless existence.

Good for you, hope it continues..............it really does peef me off with some of the bar stool rubbish that people come out with...They read the local rag or overhear something and suddenly that can justify them not having to spend a single satang of their miserly life savings....just another post on here above with so much incorrect info as he really hasnt gone to the area he is talking about.....or not recently anyway

So instead of making wildy inaccurate generalisations why not tell us which ones are complete?

The Chateau for example? Or the development opposite?

Executive Residence 5 and the one next to it that was never started?

The Indochine development at Dongtan?

I think everyone know the answer to that without going to look.

Edit: Tropicana is the one on Pratumnak 5 that has halted construction for the last 2 years. Although no doubt you think it's completed?

Edited by PattayaParent

it really is the 'I cant afford it so it must be crap' attitude.

BINGO!

Pattaya is full to the brim with bullsh** millionaires in their home countries but own absolutely nothing here even the motorcycle they ride on is rented, they dress like slobs and give it the big "i am" down soi new plaza its pathetic.

Everything I have ever done here involving buying property, physical Gold etc some nob head has had to say something negative when it comes up in conversation.

I have done well here with 2 off plan condos (picked the best plots on two separate develpoments both sold for a nice profit and 1 house done well there and not so well with another house but you cant win them all. I bought gold 2 years ago quite a bit and the same old crap "you will loose it all" its going to crash, i wouldnt of done that etc etc, same old toss pots who aint got nothing and never will.

If you have half a brain you can hand pick the best plots on developments if you are either as thick as shit or do not have the money to buy, you can simply slag everyone else off that has bought here as it will temporarily relive you of your self pity and worthless existence.

Good for you, hope it continues..............it really does peef me off with some of the bar stool rubbish that people come out with...They read the local rag or overhear something and suddenly that can justify them not having to spend a single satang of their miserly life savings....just another post on here above with so much incorrect info as he really hasnt gone to the area he is talking about.....or not recently anyway

So instead of making wildy inaccurate generalisations why not tell us which ones are complete?

Edit: Tropicana is the one on Pratumnak 5 that has halted construction for the last 2 years. Although no doubt you think it's completed?

Exec Res IV, you stated wasnt complete..maybe its just a mirage..is that the view from your rented apartment???:lol: :lol: :lol:

Exec Res IV, you stated wasnt complete..maybe its just a mirage..is that the view from your rented apartment???:lol: :lol: :lol:

So that's it just 1 out of 23 you can claim is complete?? even though it wasn't completed by the developer.

I think you're the one seeing things.

This "lights-on" (or "lights-off") test for unsold units just doesn't work. My friend at VT5-c noted that there are more "lights-on" in his building than JCC. A better test is to check the number of a/c compressors on the balconies. For a VT project, this tells you if a build-out has been completed. You will find very, very few "empty" balconies at VT5-c. Even the new VT7 building has many a/c compressors with more being added each passing day. A recent walk-through indicated it was very busy with constructions crews doing build-outs.

Curtains is a better indicator, nobody would rent / buy a place without an AC installed in it already but it's pretty easy to get curtains put up.

On the contrary, counting a/c compressors is the easiest method of estimating the # of unsold units in a VT project. Because of their height one can not easily "see" curtains but a/c compressors are much simpler to spot.

On the contrary, counting a/c compressors is the easiest method of estimating the # of unsold units in a VT project.

Not at all. This merely indicates the units that have or haven't been fitted-out. There are plenty of shells (still without air-con units) in VT7 and VT8 that have been sold by the developer during construction and are up for resale, as shells, by whoever bought them at that time. Indeed I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread that at least one in VT8 is at a 30% discount to the current developer price.

The easiest way of knowing what isn't sold is just to go into the VT sales office near VT2. They have a full list.

I was watching one of the local tv stations here and the channel seems to have wall-to-wall advertisements for various condo projects some of which have not even been built yet. What makes me laugh is the number of "spivs" and other losers fronting many of these ads and programmes about condo developments.. They are the kind of people no one in their right mind would buy a used car from yet alone a condo!

Edited by Zodiac

An example is Khoa Takiab in Hua Hin.....thousands of units all sold...........but the local expats think that is a lie as they are empty and in darkness............well Thais have bought them all for a crash pad at the seaside....so in Pattaya the same can be extended, just because they are empty, certainly dosnt mean they arnt sold..............it really is the 'I cant afford it so it must be crap' attitude..............liven up and take notice, there are thousands of buyers out there.

Then why are there so many cancelled projects that never got started and so many shells that have never been finished?

Name me a shell that was built in the last year and stands deserted???.....also any cancelled projects...specifics please, names and places

The Lofts Pratumnak

The Chateau (2 developments on that location) Theppraya Rd.

The place proposed opposite The Chateau.

The Sails and White sands Beach, I'm sure you know where they are.

The Twin Condo Pratumnak (Soi Kinaree)

Ocean 1

Executive Rsidence 5 Pratumnak (and the place next to it that was never started)

Executive Residence 4 at Cosy Beach

View Talay Residence 5 Pratumnak Soi 5

The Marrakesh (something like that) Pratumnak Soi 5

The condo on the corner of Pratumnak Soi 4

Suan Sawan, Jomtien Second Rd. still not completed after how many years?

The Park (ditto).

Emerald Palace at Cosy Beach

Sunrise Hill at Cosy Beach

Pratumnak Soi 5, there's 3. One started construction and stopped, 1 put up a fence and a signboard and nothing happened and 1 has a showroom and website that has not worked in the last 4 years.

There's 20 for you to be going on with without even thinking hard about it.

I could add Reflections in Jomtien, and that Indochine development that we're not allowed to talk about down on Dongtan Beach and the TW condo on Thepprasit.

Anyone else want to add to the list.

Thanks. Why is it that the rose-colored glass brigade simply refuse to accept the reality you just point out? About lights on/lights off (earlier post). I think the only time that might work is on the weekend during the high season. Many owners only visit during the weekend. And other owners never bother to even show up until the "cool season" which is actually never that cool :) I think the lights on/lights off during the weekend during high season (and not during a holiday) is a good proxy measure for the level of vacancy.

On the contrary, counting a/c compressors is the easiest method of estimating the # of unsold units in a VT project.

Not at all. This merely indicates the units that have or haven't been fitted-out. There are plenty of shells (still without air-con units) in VT7 and VT8 that have been sold by the developer during construction and are up for resale, as shells, by whoever bought them at that time. Indeed I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread that at least one in VT8 is at a 30% discount to the current developer price.

The easiest way of knowing what isn't sold is just to go into the VT sales office near VT2. They have a full list.

Yes, the accurate way to check for unsold units is to go inside the VT sales office, but the full context of my remark was comparing "curtains" vs "light-on/off" vs a/c compressors. With "older" VT projects the a/c compressor count estimate will be become more accurate.

Be careful about ads or promotions regarding VT discounts. A typical VT project will have 7 or 8 prices schedules. Each new schedule usually has a 3 - 5 % increase. I sold VT7 units at a 10% "discount" over developer's "prices" and still made a 15% profit.

Edited by ThaiBob

I am aware that developers issue several price lists during a build, and I will be the very last person to believe anyone using the words "condo" and "discount" together. However in a building with units still on sale from the developer (like VT8 and VT7) it is only relevant to compare shell resales with the current list price (not that this list is especially meaningful, of course).

Actually just recently I was advised by a private vendor to buy his (used, company name) unit now as "I'm thinking of putting the price up 10% next week". It takes a special sort of prat to come out with something like that!

I think if Mr. Toenail actually knew the Condo 66 is to be built in Soi 1, about 100m from the sales office he wouldn't have made such a silly comment. A little knowledge can be dangerous. If he knew the developer was a sister of our Mayor and that 12 out of 32 units were sold on the opening party, it is even more of a strange comment to make.

I think if Mr. Toenail actually knew the Condo 66 is to be built in Soi 1, about 100m from the sales office he wouldn't have made such a silly comment. A little knowledge can be dangerous. If he knew the developer was a sister of our Mayor and that 12 out of 32 units were sold on the opening party, it is even more of a strange comment to make.

There's a good enough reason to not touch it with a bargepole.

According to their own website it is being built in Soi Buakhao.:whistling:

Very odd that the 'Location' link on the website leads you to a location on Soi Buakhao but when you download the brochure it shows the location as Soi 1, unless that is only the showroom location. 1 other website shows it on Buakhao and 2 show it at the corner of Second Rd. and Klang, where Tops actually is. So who knows, theyre all a long way from Soi 1.

I must admit that the building design looks very good which makes a change and the units themselves are well designed and laid out, which is also a major change from most of the boxes on offer.

Very odd that the 'Location' link on the website leads you to a location on Soi Buakhao but when you download the brochure it shows the location as Soi 1, unless that is only the showroom location. 1 other website shows it on Buakhao and 2 show it at the corner of Second Rd. and Klang, where Tops actually is. So who knows, theyre all a long way from Soi 1.

I must admit that the building design looks very good which makes a change and the units themselves are well designed and laid out, which is also a major change from most of the boxes on offer.

HI GUYS ....I'm back - remember me - the blind stupid ignorant skint drunken bum who cannot afford diddly squat, that counts condos with lights on or off ( I actually count A/C units as well ) ...and curtains.....How any one assumes all this about me from my opinion on TV defies all logic... I actually own 2 houses outright in Scotland (current combined value close to 500,000 pounds in a deflated market ) but thats my business - I live in Jomtien because I like the place for all its faults and don't really give a dam_n about about the housing market here...but it does blight the landscape with unfinished projects - just like the millions of abandoned shop houses you see in the middle of nowhere in Thailand :blink:

IMHO Pattaya Parents long list is exactly what it is ....a very long list.....and proof enough for me about sales/ unfinished etc....I have actually visited the sales office of Suwan Suan and the sales girl showed me that indeed many many units are sold - to mostly speculators who bought in before the global crash and are now sitting back waiting for better times and guess what they want to SELL...any bidders...........aaaaahhhh as I suspected utter silence....:unsure:

The VT sales office ladies are a bit more furtive about sales figures ( obviously under orders from the management to be "liberal" with the truth" ) But the up shot is they have many many units for sale.....in guess where ? VT7 and VT8 (there is a drive on at the moment to sell the shop units on the ground floor - better hurry going fast !!!) and hey even VT5 and oh did I mention VT3...

ANY WAY ...as mentioned already - this subject has been mentioned before and I am bailing out of to go and get my eyes tested, sign up with AA ( Hi my names .....and TV says I am a drunk who sits on a bar stool all day) then go home to count my money that I keep in a tartan shortbread tin under my bed and see if I have enough loose change to get my "checked skirt" pressed.....just thought I would throw in some ironic sterotyping and racial profiling.:P ....before the "property experts" start on me again........:D

Maybe they haven't made up their mind yet as where to build it :whistling:

The site is cleared in Soi 1 and it doesn't take much to ask their helpful sales staff

The site is cleared in Soi 1 and it doesn't take much to ask their helpful sales staff

Next time you pass by you might want to tell them that their website is wrong and is leading potential buyers to think it's in Buakhao, which might be offputting to some.

An example is Khoa Takiab in Hua Hin.....thousands of units all sold...........but the local expats think that is a lie as they are empty and in darkness............well Thais have bought them all for a crash pad at the seaside....so in Pattaya the same can be extended, just because they are empty, certainly dosnt mean they arnt sold..............it really is the 'I cant afford it so it must be crap' attitude..............liven up and take notice, there are thousands of buyers out there.

Then why are there so many cancelled projects that never got started and so many shells that have never been finished?

Name me a shell that was built in the last year and stands deserted???.....also any cancelled projects...specifics please, names and places

The Lofts Pratumnak

Ocean 1

Executive Rsidence 5 Pratumnak (and the place next to it that was never started)

The Park (ditto).

Pratumnak Soi 5, there's 3. One started construction and stopped, 1 put up a fence and a signboard and nothing happened and 1 has a showroom and website that has not worked in the last 4 years.

I could add Reflections in Jomtien, and that Indochine development that we're not allowed to talk about down on Dongtan Beach and the TW condo on Thepprasit.

PattayaParent,

I'm cururious. Which project(s) on your list is "a shell that was built in the last year and stands deserted???

The Lofts Pratumnak

Ocean 1

The Park (ditto).

PattayaParent,

I'm cururious. Which project(s) on your list is "a shell that was built in the last year and stands deserted???

Those 3 in red to start with.

This "lights-on" (or "lights-off") test for unsold units just doesn't work. My friend at VT5-c noted that there are more "lights-on" in his building than JCC. A better test is to check the number of a/c compressors on the balconies. For a VT project, this tells you if a build-out has been completed. You will find very, very few "empty" balconies at VT5-c. Even the new VT7 building has many a/c compressors with more being added each passing day. A recent walk-through indicated it was very busy with constructions crews doing build-outs.

Curtains is a better indicator, nobody would rent / buy a place without an AC installed in it already but it's pretty easy to get curtains put up.

On the contrary, counting a/c compressors is the easiest method of estimating the # of unsold units in a VT project. Because of their height one can not easily "see" curtains but a/c compressors are much simpler to spot.

AC compressors may just mean that the seller has put them in as a selling point and to increase the price of the unit. And who wants to have builders koncking holes in the walls of a place just after you've moved in.

Curtains would indicate that someone is actually living in there.

Not really. Units without A/C are normally just shells with no floor tiles or lights or anything. I dont think anyone would put A/C into a room before the floor, walls and electrics were done as it would only get broken by the builders.

I have seen a few places that have been partially finished with floor tiles and electrics, but they mostly still needed a kitchen and A/C putting in.

I have seen even fewer places that needed only furniture to make them liveable.

The Lofts Pratumnak

Ocean 1

The Park (ditto).

PattayaParent,

Those 3 in red to start with.

I know nothing of View Talay Residence 5 other than there are a lot of other View Talay Residence projects (presumably from the same builder?). So what became of #5, was it torn down, converted to serviced apartments, vacated or standing there deserted?

I know nothing of View Talay Residence 5 other than there are a lot of other View Talay Residence projects (presumably from the same builder?). So what became of #5, was it torn down, converted to serviced apartments, vacated or standing there deserted?

Yes, same builder.

It just stands there deserted.

http://www.sixtysixcondo.com/pattaya-condo-location.html

"Mr Toenail" -(me) was using Sixty-Six information that THEY gave out on their web site. ( I guess it is their "SILLY" invalid information that is upsetting you, Fred.) Like all interested buyers, I looked at their promotion website and this is the location I saw:

http://www.sixtysixcondo.com/pattaya-condo-location.html

If you look at the map, the locaton pinned location is not on soi 1, North Pattaya. Also it says it is only '300 meters" from the Avenue. I imagine someone from BKK constructed the website not knowing the facts. (I hope the construction plans are not as confusing for them)

Since I entered this post, I have stopped at their office and yes, the new, condominium will be built on soi one towards 2nd Road. I do like the lay out of the rooms, but unfortunately, the balconies would have a limited view.