Falafel King

folium

Heard a rave review about Falafel King last night, but couldn't get my head around the location details I was given. Doesn't seem to have been mentioned before on TV.

Anyone been there, what's it like and where exactly is it?

I tried it once. That was enough. After a disappointing meal I had to wait 15 minutes while they went to get change. They didn't have change for 100 Baht.

Similar thing happened to me. They were open but didn't have any falafel, they weren't ready, she said, so I had to order chicken in the pita bread. Chicken, lettuce and tomato, that was it. I had to ask for the green lime dressing stuff. Then she took off with my bill to go get change somewhere. I was the only one there. The owner did fawn on me a bit towards the end, hoping I was happy. It could be better now, I would hope so.

Bet you the Falafel King is wishing it still hadn't been mentioned here.....

Seems be be a clear message so far, don't bother!

BTW, someone in CM gave you a rave review, but couldn't tell you its next store to Spicy?

Keep on fishing Mr. King!!!

Edited by CMSteve

BTW, someone in CM gave you a rave review, but couldn't tell you its next store to Spicy?

Perhaps not everyone uses Spicy as a reference point.

Also I've never been into fishing and I sure ain't Mr King, so back in your box.

Yes, after these review, I wouldn't admit to it either. :)

I guess not everyone uses Spicy ( the long standing institution of CM that happens to be next door to the place you're talking about.) I've never been in there, but I knew exactly where it was after my first week here.

Now, back to my box....

Also I've never been into fishing and I sure ain't Mr King, so back in your box.

I guess not everyone uses Spicy ( the long standing institution of CM that happens to be next door to the place you're talking about.) I've never been in there, but I knew exactly where it was after my first week here.

Now, back to my box....

Gosh, what a clever boy, so glad it only took you a week to work out the location of some cesspit.

Amazing, a simple request about local info turns into weird accusations of self-publicity.

Just having a little fun, albeit at your expense. Please take don't take it as a personal attack. Its all meant "tongue-in-cheek".

I believe you when you say you do not like fishing, are not Mr. King and that I am a clever boy:) BTW, how did you guess I was much younger?

Now, back to my box....

Gosh, what a clever boy, so glad it only took you a week to work out the location of some cesspit.

Amazing, a simple request about local info turns into weird accusations of self-publicity.

Next to spicy? I have being there also. The worst place ever never eat there anymore. I was even a little bit sick the day after. I tried it 2 or 3 times and eat there and tried some different things but all the same bad meals. Indeed no change for me also, hehe. And the owner come to talk, what kind of bullshit this guy is talking... Unbelievable and anoying!!! If it is for a pizza I advice pizza company for sure maybe little bit more expensive but always good for sure.

The owner was friendly but I'm still on the fence about the food. I like that they make their own sauces, tahini and chilli sauce and that you get to use as much as you like. The chicken shawarma was different from what I'm used to. It was more like stir fried chicken in some type of sauce in bread. The shawarma I'm used to is chicken cooked on a type of spit.

Nothing was actually bad but nothing stood out as good to me either. Still, I'd give it a go again and try something else.

The owner was friendly but I'm still on the fence about the food. I like that they make their own sauces, tahini and chilli sauce and that you get to use as much as you like. The chicken shawarma was different from what I'm used to. It was more like stir fried chicken in some type of sauce in bread. The shawarma I'm used to is chicken cooked on a type of spit.

Nothing was actually bad but nothing stood out as good to me either. Still, I'd give it a go again and try something else.

This. I went there searching for a shawarma and it was no where close to what I expected. It was reasonably good and the owner was nice and obv hoping for repeat business, but it's unlikely I'll go back.

• 2 months later...

Google: "The DEA's information led police to Mr Herzel, who ran the Falafel King restaurant on Chai Si Phum Road in Muang district. Pol Maj Gen Thitirat alleged the gang opened the restaurant as a front for their drug business."

.......just read the story in " the newspaper you can trust" but not link to..... wow, special services on the menu and an upstairs drug store, followed by black mail by a fake cop, AND slow service with bad food,.... blink.gif

Edited by daoyai

Google: "The DEA's information led police to Mr Herzel, who ran the Falafel King restaurant on Chai Si Phum Road in Muang district. Pol Maj Gen Thitirat alleged the gang opened the restaurant as a front for their drug business."

That place has been closed down for a while now.

The guy in the top photo of the article was the same guy who prepared and served me quite possibly the worst Middle Eastern food I've ever had in my life. He did not have change for 100 Baht and kept me waiting for more than 15 minutes while he sent someone to find change. I never went back.

You have to wonder why people take such risks in Thailand.

Would appear the waiter/cook referenced in another post will face charges in North America when they Thai authorities finish with him. Another member of the group is on the run (3 arrested).

As the OP of this thread, my original comment "Heard a rave review about Falafel King last night" now makes a lot more sense, particularly given the poor rating of FK's food. The guy who told me about FK was obviously big into their "special service" menu!!

Glad to see TripAdvisor still has it rated as #72 out of 264 restaurants in CM.