• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

This is YOUR post from the original thread!!! You don't recognize your own words???

You're arguing with yourself!!!!!!!!!

Post if you want to post, this is a forum for discussion.

Where is the discussion? If there was one going on, the thread might be half interesting, if even I didn't agree with what was being said, all I see posters are doing are making wise cracks and cheap jokes.

so should i stop eating gingernuts? I can settle for chocolate hobnobs if that doesn't offend anyone.

Just stay away from the dingleberries if you know what's good for you!

are dingleberries biscuits too? must be some american brand :blink:

edit: typo

Edited by nidge

so should i stop eating gingernuts? I can settle for chocolate hobnobs if that doesn't offend anyone.

Just stay away from the dingleberries if you know what's good for you!

are dingleberries buscuits too? must be some american brand :blink:

Widely available in the hairier localities. Not copyrighted, feel free to share.

Again, speak for yourself. Real racism isn't rare actually. But people do have different perceptions of it. I don't see Black Man cleaning products in Thailand as real racism, others might, I think they're being silly, but different points of view make life interesting.

Can I ask what you see it as then? Do you think that there is absolutely no racism involved at all with black man cleaning products? There are different levels of racism, some of it is subtle, some of it is blatant.

Honestly, it would be racist (and also not done) in the US with the name and logo. The phrase black man in itself is not at all racist, but the Minstrel type picture has racist implications in the west, as does the association of black people with cleaning work. Within the context of Thailand, I just don't see it. Seems like innocent branding. The products are high quality and the black man pictured is quite attractive. I doubt a company would start today in Thailand with branding like that, but it is an older brand, they have brand loyalty here, and I don't think they should be harassed for something foreigners may see but Thais generally won't see the same way.

I don't believe that the makers are completely unaware and innocent at all, they could have named their products anything but they decided to name it blackman products out of the names they could have chosen and put a minstrel type picture on their product. No not done innocently at all, just like darkie toothpaste was not innocent.

Well, I agree Darkie toothpaste doesn't work in today's Thailand, but that brand has been changed to Darlie for many, many years now. Darkie is a slur word, Black Man isn't. How many African Thai citizens are there and how many Africans are doing cleaning work in Thailand?

Edited by Jingthing

Post if you want to post, this is a forum for discussion.

Where is the discussion? If there was one going on, the thread might be half interesting, if even I didn't agree with what was being said, all I see posters are doing are making wise cracks and cheap jokes.

You might be wrapped a little to tight for TV & Thailand :whistling: , probably better to move back to the PC world :bah: , anxiety is a killer you know :(

Much ado about nothing. :lol:

It is funny how people here class everything racist as PC.

Again, speak for yourself. Real racism isn't rare actually. But people do have different perceptions of it. I don't see Black Man cleaning products in Thailand as real racism, others might, I think they're being silly, but different points of view make life interesting.

Can I ask what you see it as then? Do you think that there is absolutely no racism involved at all with black man cleaning products? There are different levels of racism, some of it is subtle, some of it is blatant.

Honestly, it would be racist (and also not done) in the US with the name and logo. The phrase black man in itself is not at all racist, but the Minstrel type picture has racist implications in the west, as does the association of black people with cleaning work. Within the context of Thailand, I just don't see it. Seems like innocent branding. The products are high quality and the black man pictured is quite attractive. I doubt a company would start today in Thailand with branding like that, but it is an older brand, they have brand loyalty here, and I don't think they should be harassed for something foreigners may see but Thais generally won't see the same way.

I don't believe that the makers are completely unaware and innocent at all, they could have named their products anything but they decided to name it blackman products out of the names they could have chosen and put a minstrel type picture on their product. No not done innocently at all, just like darkie toothpaste was not innocent.

This thread is about gingernuts. They are biscuits made with ginger. Not red hair but real ginger, why are you going on about blackman and darkie?

Edited by nidge

This is YOUR post from the original thread!!! You don't recognize your own words???

I recognised that I posted that already but I don't have copyright on those words. I thought you posting it for nonspam reasons.

This thread is an obvious knock off satire topic of the Black Man cleaning products thread, that's why.

Oh no, i hope we don't get into copyright issues too. That will be another thread hijacked.

Darkie is a slur word, Black Man isn't.

On that we are agreed

How many African Thai citizens are there and how many Africans are doing cleaning work in Thailand?

Very few if any at all, that's probably why they branded their products like that because they know they will get very few if any complaints.

Yes just to show you how your posts look from our eyes.....

I recognised that I posted that already but I don't have copyright on those words. I thought you posting it for nonspam reasons.

I still think it was innocent and probably done to be fun and different. You'd have to ask the people who designed the brand if they are still alive.

For fun at black peoples expense obviously.

OK, you wore me down. It's the crime of the century. Are you satisfied? Seriously, I don't think that most black people care about this brand in Thailand when they hear about, and mostly also would find it funny, and that's been my experience showing the logo to black people. I suppose I might change my view if I was convinced black people were terribly upset about this silly brand in Thailand, a country mostly without black people.

Edited by Jingthing

Nope, pretty sure I meant our eyes, but I'll check again..... Yup, our eyes.

And please don't be afraid of the copying and pasting of your post, be afraid that you felt it necessary to argue against you own post just because it came from someone else.

OK, you wore me down. It's the crime of the century. Are you satisfied? Seriously, I don't think that most black people care about this brand in Thailand when they hear about, and mostly also would find it funny, and that's been my experience showing the logo to black people. I suppose I might change my view if I was convinced black people were terribly upset about this silly brand in Thailand, a country mostly without black people.

It's not the crime of the century but it is racist and that's the point really, that's why such branding isn't acceptable in the west.

Nope, pretty sure I meant our eyes, but I'll check again..... Yup, our eyes.

And please don't be afraid of the copying and pasting of your post, be afraid that you felt it necessary to argue against you own post just because it came from someone else.

Ok. blink.gif

But this isn't the west.

So then racism against blacks is acceptable here?

Racism against anyone who isn't Thai is acceptable here, sometimes mandatory, haven't you noticed?

Nope. I haven't personally seen racist behavior going on, but then I haven't been here very long.

So your saying Thailand is a very racist country?

Edited by jackers

But this isn't the west.

Racism against anyone who isn't Thai is acceptable here, sometimes mandatory, haven't you noticed?

Nope. I haven't personally seen discrimination going on, but then I haven't been here very long.

I think so. Massively.

To be serious, and this won't last long. I think there is a different level or perception of racism here, as well as, a difference in what is considered politically correct.

There is the acknowledgment of the difference. You have dark skin, he has light skin, I have slanted eyes...etc. And there is also the gravitation towards the people that they feel comfortable with for what ever reason. This is in effect racism, but to a different degree. Thailand is not known to have race riots between any races, or hatred in their hearts for someone they do not know because of their skin color. Blacks were not shipped here to be bread as slaves. I think we all agree that this is not the best of circumstances, but I believe that this is a far better circumstance than growing up and living in America as a black, latino, asian.

Seems like they do better here than we did back home. Why try to change something that works better than what we have?

But this isn't the west.

But this isn't the west.

Nope. I haven't personally seen discrimination going on, but then I haven't been here very long.

:lol: it's wake up time!