Family Acomodation Near Maesai

jaideeguy

I'll be making the run up to Maesai in a week or so with my Thai wife and kids and don't want to stay in the middle of town. I've seen signs for resorts just outside of the town, but have never checked them out.

Would prefer bungalow type rooms so that the kids can have their own room and something under 800thb/room.

Any recomendations???

Thanks dindong....but that resort is a bit far from Maesai. Maechan, right?

I remember seeing a few signs on the left hand side of the road before you enter Maesai....some looking like they were up towards the mountain. Does anyone know about those?? it's been a few years since I've been there and have stayed in the city near the river, but too noisy and sleazy to take the family.

Bungalow style resort rooms. Looks like nice for family. Nothing spectacular, but looks nice for about 600 per room.

This place is just east of the Tesco Lotus. About 5 minutes to the Border.

Have not satyed there, but passed by recently and it looked fairly nice and well kept

Khum Chao Resort 20 M.11, Soi NamCham 5, Pongpha, Maesai, Chiangrai, Thailand 57130.

Tel. : 053-646644, 082-0338322, 081-4550559 Fax : 053-646644

Email: [email protected] Website: www.khumchaoresort.com

There seems to be quie a few Bungalow resorts on the main highway near the Tesco Lotus.

Not high season, so possibley could just check the many bungalow resorts yourself when you arrive.

Edited by TacoBoy

Thanks tacoboy......looks decent on the website and reasonably priced for off season and so far, it will be #1 choice. I see from the map that it is on right side as you enter town. I remember seeing signs for resorts on the left [mountain] side.....does anyone know about resorts on the left side of the road??

Think most of the resort bungalo's on the left side are fairly new and can't find them on the net yet.

You could always drive by the Khum Chao, and see if that is nice enough, then go compare the others in the left side of the highway and see if it might be worth it before checking in.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thanks to tacoboy for the hotel recomendation......a bit difficult to find, but the quietest place I've stayed in Maesai. Well off the beaten track and very clean and comfortable bungalows for only 400thb ea. One of the best values in acomodation I've seen in LOS.

My only complaint about the place was that they have no smoking signs all over the place....even in the toilet.