Surat Thani - Floods ?

Ianatlarge

If you are reluctant about SuRart, I would suggest Trung and HaadYai as the two most favourable alternatives.

However, if you prefer farang crowd, then by all means, leave Trung and HaadYai out of your itinerary.

Whatever you can find in Bkk or ChiengMai, you will also be able to easily find them in these two southern cities full of goodwill and hospitality.

Many of us who have been in and out of these southern cities for the last 4 decades loathe to think that by big mouthing how great and unmatched these southern cities are, soon enough within a decade, we would need to self exile to deeper forests and mountainous around ____ won't want to reveal it yet. LOL

If and when you decide to visit these cities, pm me, will be glad to shed more light, if I am not traveling myself.

Cheers and have fun wherever you decide to travel to. :)

As said above already. The guy was simply asking whether the bad weather should stop him from visiting Surat :huh::o

OP the weather here around Surat Thani is bad. Very bad. There has been no ferries to the island for 2 days now and there is flooding everywhere. The rain is heavy and the wind is very strong. My advice would be to stay up in the North and forget the visit to the South as the whole Southern area is under water.

I'm stuck in Khanom waiting to get home to Samui. Thisis what it is like here

The river is about to break its bank and is just under the roof of the houses along it's bank.

post-24982-0-15399100-1301377984_thumb.j

post-24982-0-18052900-1301378004_thumb.j

post-24982-0-22599600-1301378027_thumb.j

post-24982-0-16212300-1301378054_thumb.j

post-24982-0-52112300-1301378094_thumb.j

If you are reluctant about SuRart, I would suggest Trung and HaadYai as the two most favourable alternatives.

However, if you prefer farang crowd, then by all means, leave Trung and HaadYai out of your itinerary.

Whatever you can find in Bkk or ChiengMai, you will also be able to easily find them in these two southern cities full of goodwill and hospitality.

Many of us who have been in and out of these southern cities for the last 4 decades loathe to think that by big mouthing how great and unmatched these southern cities are, soon enough within a decade, we would need to self exile to deeper forests and mountainous around ____ won't want to reveal it yet. LOL

If and when you decide to visit these cities, pm me, will be glad to shed more light, if I am not traveling myself.

you vos meaning Trang and Hat Yai??...all very wet these days....not that near Surat'.

..anyway believe the OP wanted information about the latter's weather/flood situation and from all reports it is not the "best" holiday destination

you vos meaning Trang and Hat Yai??...all very wet these days....not that near Surat'.

..anyway believe the OP wanted information about the latter's weather/flood situation and from all reports it is not the "best" holiday destination

My suggestion does not cover this unusual seasonal extreme weather, sorry.

Otherwise, the description stands forever, until the next monsoon season that is! L O L B)

I have not been able to get accurate info but there is flooding to the south of surat and there was minor flooding on the connecting road fron surat airport and the Diamond Plasa hotel (the big intersection there near Lotus) You should be ok in most parts of surat but I think better to go north as there will be delays.

Heading south from Surat will only bring you to the flood areas so better to keep clear.

I cant get info on the airport but I assume it is open as there is a connecting bus run to Nakhon. The road out to Donsak is flooded along with many other areas that have minor flooding.

good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone update the south situation, cause i'm planning to drive there on tuesday from bangkok to Koh samui.

Any option to get there by road?

Thanks

I came over to Surath on 05/04 with the bus, no problems at all to get here, now still staying in Surath City.