Please Warn Thai Students Before Coming To The Us

Warhammer820

i believe the interaction might come from those of whom teach and are involved with a female who has children

I am not of thai descent, i am white. What the agency does in this region is finds the cheapest house for rent or apartments. These are usually located in areas where crime is the highest. Some of the students are lucky enough to work in a nice area of town, but some are very unlucky. Yesterday 3 thai girls were placed, temporarily, in a 1 bed motel that is in an area known for drugs and prostitution. Luckily there is a police station within a few miles. Last year there were girls in a rent house who had an unidentified man walk to the door in the house when he saw the door open and ran when he saw that i was in there with the girls.

Why do you think we would have any interaction with these "students"? Above posters are right. You are going about this the wrong way.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The agency is mixed...but the confusing part is that they are based in america..but i have never seen an american working for them...every supervisor is eastern european that i have talk to

If what you're saying is true, it's sounds liek a very dodgy " Agency " to me ..

Is it an " Agency " for both sexes or mainly Girls ??

i believe the interaction might come from those of whom teach and are involved with a female who has children

I am not of thai descent, i am white. What the agency does in this region is finds the cheapest house for rent or apartments. These are usually located in areas where crime is the highest. Some of the students are lucky enough to work in a nice area of town, but some are very unlucky. Yesterday 3 thai girls were placed, temporarily, in a 1 bed motel that is in an area known for drugs and prostitution. Luckily there is a police station within a few miles. Last year there were girls in a rent house who had an unidentified man walk to the door in the house when he saw the door open and ran when he saw that i was in there with the girls.

Why do you think we would have any interaction with these "students"? Above posters are right. You are going about this the wrong way.

I am afraid I don't really understand your response here. It has no bearing on the suggestion that Thaivisa is not the place to go to help Thai students in the United States. If there really is some kind of weird fraud then there is nothing that can be done by posting on Thaivisa.

I am afraid I don't really understand your response here. It has no bearing on the suggestion that Thaivisa is not the place to go to help Thai students in the United States. If there really is some kind of weird fraud then there is nothing that can be done by posting on Thaivisa.

Maybe he is trying to suggest the agency is a sponsor here?

I just want any of you, who happens to hear, a thai student talking about going to America for work and travel about the things i have said..like it is not what they are expecting and if they go with friends there is a possibility that the supervisors will separate them upon arrival in the US..A lot of them come here with the hopes that they will have a good experience with their friends in a new country..that happens to get shattered sometimes when they come here..I know some people who read these posts are teachers and some have friends that have children that might come with the program

as some of you may know..there is a fair amount of thai youth that have been sheltered..i have seen them cry when they realize that they will not be able to be with their friends in america and worry about how they barely have enough money to pay the rent and eat..they call home to get mommy and daddy to wned them money when they are the ones who are supposed to pay their parents back..not all of them can find second jobs and they are told that they will get about 32 hours a week and they come here and average 20-25

as some of you may know..there is a fair amount of thai youth that have been sheltered..i have seen them cry when they realize that they will not be able to be with their friends in america and worry about how they barely have enough money to pay the rent and eat..they call home to get mommy and daddy to wned them money when they are the ones who are supposed to pay their parents back..not all of them can find second jobs and they are told that they will get about 32 hours a week and they come here and average 20-25

What would you, as an American, do if you were in their shoes?

after seeing all that i have seen if, i was a thai student...i would find another way to travel to America..because this program is a hit or miss...you either have an awesome time...or you have 4-5 months of misery

What would you, as an American, do if you were in their shoes?

Edited by Warhammer820

You appear to have a chip on your shoulder

after seeing all that i have seen if, i was a thai student...i would find another way to travel to America..

Meaning.....

You would stop moaning, stop being reliant on others and do something FOR YOURSELF, BY YOURSELF right?

I will spread the word such as I can, Warhammer. I understand what you're getting at with the Eastern European owned and operated agencies. It's like foster care in the U.S. these days. Much of it is done by the dregs of society. Plus, if I want a job (contract work with no benefits), I have to go through a temporary employment agency staffed by Indian employees. These are all good scams, each of them technically legal, but the number of victims is through the roof. I am afraid you won't find much sympathy here. You seem to have posted on a day when my Thai Visa colleagues were in especially bad moods. Maybe it's the freezing cold weather in Thailand that has them a bit off kilter.

Thank you for helping, it's not that i don't want them to come here...it's that i have seen a lot of miserable students. As i mentioned before, there were good stories, but about half that i have seen were pretty bad.

I will spread the word such as I can, Warhammer. I understand what you're getting at with the Eastern European owned and operated agencies. It's like foster care in the U.S. these days. Much of it is done by the dregs of society. Plus, if I want a job (contract work with no benefits), I have to go through a temporary employment agency staffed by Indian employees. These are all good scams, each of them technically legal, but the number of victims is through the roof. I am afraid you won't find much sympathy here. You seem to have posted on a day when my Thai Visa colleagues were in especially bad moods. Maybe it's the freezing cold weather in Thailand that has them a bit off kilter.

Edited by Warhammer820

Hmm, how many westerners have been duped contract wise or found out that things are very different when they get here (such as the company saying we don't need to fulfill our contractual obligations but you do...in addition we have re thought your contractual obligations and now you have to do this, this and this) seen it happen a million times over and over again.

So, as the Thais would say to said foreigner; I will say the same to these Thais; "this is our country and if you don't like it you can leave. We don't need you, you should consider it an honor and a privelege that we let you be here, so do what we say, don't complain or just go!"

Hmm, how many westerners have been duped contract wise or found out that things are very different when they get here (such as the company saying we don't need to fulfill our contractual obligations but you do...in addition we have re thought your contractual obligations and now you have to do this, this and this) seen it happen a million times over and over again.

So, as the Thais would say to said foreigner; I will say the same to these Thais; "this is our country and if you don't like it you can leave. We don't need you, you should consider it an honor and a privelege that we let you be here, so do what we say, don't complain or just go!"

dunce.jpg

I don't normally nit pick :whistling: but the OP should really take a look at the title......

It isn't the Us, it is the USA not the US. We (I too am from the USA)seem to think we are the only US, we aren't! When I worked in Mexico it was pointed out that their countries name was the United States of Mexico (Estados Unidos de Mexicanos) furthermore it pissed them off even more when someone from the USA would identify themselves as an American, because they too live in America. :lol:

That's it, I have finished my nit picking on the title. :D

I think this is a wind up.

Claims to be an American but writes and thinks like a Thai who got duped into being a dishwasher.

For what it's worth. I'll spread the word if I encounter any students going to the USA.

Understand I mainly only associate with hookers and farmgirls, and they usually just marry some guy opposed to using an agent.

Edited by mstribling

dunce.jpg

Wow, it just amazes me that I hear this sort of line from Thais all the time, and so many foreigners on this forum rush to back them up and say things like "if you don't like it then leave."

But when someone from the USA says the same thing when Thais complain then I am the bad guy.

My interpretation is that you guys look down on Thais and don't expect them to behave like adults or take responsibility for their words or actions. You defend them like they are children, but I have news for you, they are not.

My comments come from the respect that I have for Thais nothing more nothing less.

I don't think I am better than Thais, but apparently you do :angry:

I think this is a wind up.

Claims to be an American but writes and thinks like a Thai who got duped into being a dishwasher.

For what it's worth. I'll spread the word if I encounter any students going to the USA.

Understand I mainly only associate with hookers and farmgirls, and they usually just marry some guy opposed to using an agent.

I'm with the Stribmeister, except on the last line..:D

So, as the Thais would say to said foreigner; I will say the same to these Thais; "this is our country and if you don't like it you can leave. We don't need you, you should consider it an honor and a privilege that we let you be here, so do what we say, don't complain or just go!"

I agree wholeheartedly. It seems OK for the farang to get a raw deal in Thailand, but don't ever let the tables be turned. There are disreputable people everywhere.

Let the buyer beware. Do your due diligence. If something is not right along the way, go back to the seller. Don't expect things to get better by continuing to do business as usual, and not even complaining. And if it is not your custom to complain, quit your complaining.

What I found in many cases during my 7 years in Thailand , Thai do not particularly enjoy working unless there is some ' Sanook ' in and of the project/job .., north America does not operate on that premise , people go to the job for the job at hand , Thai tend to go for the sanook and work when the boss is watching . I have know Thai go for a lower paying job so they can enjoy time with friends more than to work , I presume that is why employers hire double the work force needed for the work at hand , most of the world would go broke working on those principals , tell these students to wake up and face reality .

This is not to say I do not feel sorry for their present plight , but it could and should be a good learning curve for those that can actually think for and of themselves , there is no hand out in the true working world , live with it and gain some experience , forget sanook for the time being .

What I found in many cases during my 7 years in Thailand , Thai do not particularly enjoy working unless there is some ' Sanook ' in and of the project/job ..

What an absolute load of anti Thai rubbish.

Edited by GM1955

a good learning curve for those that can actually think for and of themselves

Now if only we could educate old men from the West who come to Thailand, meet a girl younger then their grand daughter, lose loads of money then move to a much poorer SE Asian country and believe that young women there actually like being with old men. laugh.gif

Edited by GM1955

What I found in many cases during my 7 years in Thailand , Thai do not particularly enjoy working unless there is some ' Sanook ' in and of the project/job ..

What an absolute load of anti Thai rubbish.

He said explicitly in his experience, he did not make a generalization. I happen to agree with him in "my" experiences as well.

I think its not anti-Thai, nor rubbish. I have also known hardworking Thais.