Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

sounds like someone who has never had a truck! I have had nothing but trucks for over 20 years before moving here! If you dress out a truck like it should be seeing behind the bumper is impossible so camera is a plus! What have you been looking at when you say girly styling?? I am tired of seeing these midget trucks, and glad to finally see one getting up to size, I am not stupid enough to drive one downtown and try to find parking, and stay away from the city as much as I can, but use taxi when needed!

First truck I ever drove was a '75 Chevy crew cab; the one with full-size four doors and a full-length bed after that. Bloody thing had a different zip code for the arse end! The last truck I had (before coming here) was a Dodge Ram 4x4... tight fit even in a Texas-sized garage. In between there were Ford F-150, F-250, etc. that belonged to contractors. Here is LOS, I rented a Vigo 4x4 when transiting between the beach home and the country home so.... you are right, I know bugger all about trucks.

So what's this about 'dressing out a truck like it should be'? Sounds very girly, dressing up and all but probably OK for the Mazda admirers. Just my opinion of course; the Ranger does have a more aggressive look compared with the BT-50 but I prefer the latter's interior so maybe I am getting in touch with my feminine side after all.

But I agree, it's about time the trucks grew a few inches around here and the Ranger has taken the lead in that regard.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like someone who has never had a truck! I have had nothing but trucks for over 20 years before moving here! If you dress out a truck like it should be seeing behind the bumper is impossible so camera is a plus! What have you been looking at when you say girly styling?? I am tired of seeing these midget trucks, and glad to finally see one getting up to size, I am not stupid enough to drive one downtown and try to find parking, and stay away from the city as much as I can, but use taxi when needed!

First truck I ever drove was a '75 Chevy crew cab; the one with full-size four doors and a full-length bed after that. Bloody thing had a different zip code for the arse end! The last truck I had (before coming here) was a Dodge Ram 4x4... tight fit even in a Texas-sized garage. In between there were Ford F-150, F-250, etc. that belonged to contractors. Here is LOS, I rented a Vigo 4x4 when transiting between the beach home and the country home so.... you are right, I know bugger all about trucks.

So what's this about 'dressing out a truck like it should be'? Sounds very girly, dressing up and all but probably OK for the Mazda admirers. Just my opinion of course; the Ranger does have a more aggressive look compared with the BT-50 but I prefer the latter's interior so maybe I am getting in touch with my feminine side after all.

But I agree, it's about time the trucks grew a few inches around here and the Ranger has taken the lead in that regard.

Guess I overstated that a bit, but yes I know about trucks myself as I traded every 2-3 years since 1973. Two worst I have had was a Dodge Ram 4X4 1997, and a Toyota T100 1995. My favorite and best perfoming was a Ford F150 FX4 4X4.

As for dressing up, I spent 21 years in the Army and wore Dress Uniform a lot, so dressing isn't just for sissies or girls. I like a big tires for ground clearance and with the flooding, keeps me dry. Dressing up a truck for me, is nice looking wheels and tires, maybe a cover for the back, and decent seats or covers inside.

As for the Ranger over the Mazda, the 3.2 Wildtrack comes with pretty much all options I would want so no extra shopping, with factory fit! Also do not like the looks of the Mazda front end. Bad part is waiting for the 3.2, but it has the options I want, and I have time to wait. Got a feeling this is the closest we're gonna get to a full size truck, so it will do as I don't travel much anymore!

I have just got a letter from Ford Sales & Service (Thailand) co., Ltd. (id -75- 16th February 2012)

Its all in THAI of course, but tomorrow I will get a brief translation from friends and post here.

They mention the XLT once and the Wildtrack about 5 times.

Delays I expect...

Time to call Mazda!

Anyone else got the letter?

I am tempted by the 2.2 double cab XLT Auto after a quick test drive the other day, even though I wasn't looking for a truck at first. Basically I'd like a diesel station wagon, a car with ample space to carry the family and all the luggage, and low milleage. Unfortunatly nothing of the sort to find here. Avanza is the closest thing to my needs but is 7 seater and seems like a generally crappy underpowered car. Focus, mazda 3 or civic seems to small for my needs.

So why not a pickup truck? The Ranger really feels like driving a car. But it's so huge! I'm not used to driving a truck and I'm not sure I will ever be comfortable driving it in a city or parking lot. I'm gonna leave in the country for a while so that should not be too much of a problem. Teaching to drive my gf on this monster could be suicidal, though :D

The XLT is lacking the cruise control and reverse sensor, any chance to have them installed without getting the 70k baht wildtrack upgrade and its useless features (well i'm not sure if the limited slip differential is of any use) and shiny accessories?

I worry about the reselling value, in like 3 or 4 years when the new Vigo will be all the hype, how much would my truck be worth?

Other option is the BT50 auto but quite pricey at 874k. Comes with tons of electronic (but without 3k parking censor option and 5k bedliner), and a weird front face that could repell buyers. Mazda customer service has better reputation than ford's one too.

So why not a pickup truck? The Ranger really feels like driving a car. But it's so huge! I'm not used to driving a truck and I'm not sure I will ever be comfortable driving it in a city or parking lot.

Decisions decisions eh? ;)

You know I have always driven trucks & not little ones like these offered in Thailand but full sized pickups. Where a 4'x8' piece of plywood fits in the bed between the wheel bumps & with the gate closed.

I don't know your driving skills but I bet you will be comfortable driving the truck in less than a week.

It is all by comparison that we judge.

When you hop out of a small car to even a mid size truck like these they feel big at first.

But by the same token after driving the truck when you hop back in a small car you will feel as I do that

you are taking a real risk zooming around in this little can :)

When ever I drive my wife's Camry I feel like it offers just a tiny fraction of the safety my truck does.

I am guessing you will get use to driving a mid sized truck easily ;)

I have just got a letter from Ford Sales & Service (Thailand) co., Ltd. (id -75- 16th February 2012)

Its all in THAI of course, but tomorrow I will get a brief translation from friends and post here.

Delays I expect...

Time to call Mazda!

I was told by my dealer they've sent out apology letters to customers waiting.

I am tempted by the 2.2 double cab XLT Auto after a quick test drive the other day, even though I wasn't looking for a truck at first. Basically I'd like a diesel station wagon, a car with ample space to carry the family and all the luggage, and low milleage. Unfortunatly nothing of the sort to find here. Avanza is the closest thing to my needs but is 7 seater and seems like a generally crappy underpowered car. Focus, mazda 3 or civic seems to small for my needs.

So why not a pickup truck? The Ranger really feels like driving a car. But it's so huge! I'm not used to driving a truck and I'm not sure I will ever be comfortable driving it in a city or parking lot. I'm gonna leave in the country for a while so that should not be too much of a problem. Teaching to drive my gf on this monster could be suicidal, though biggrin.png

The XLT is lacking the cruise control and reverse sensor, any chance to have them installed without getting the 70k baht wildtrack upgrade and its useless features (well i'm not sure if the limited slip differential is of any use) and shiny accessories?

I worry about the reselling value, in like 3 or 4 years when the new Vigo will be all the hype, how much would my truck be worth?

Other option is the BT50 auto but quite pricey at 874k. Comes with tons of electronic (but without 3k parking censor option and 5k bedliner), and a weird front face that could repell buyers. Mazda customer service has better reputation than ford's one too.

From my understanding the limited-slip dif is one of those features very handy if you're ever going to do any light off roading or wet conditions, from what I've read some compare to traction control and some say more useful.

Delays I expect...

Time to call Mazda!

I was told by my dealer they've sent out apology letters to customers waiting.

So why not a pickup truck? The Ranger really feels like driving a car. But it's so huge! I'm not used to driving a truck and I'm not sure I will ever be comfortable driving it in a city or parking lot. I'm gonna leave in the country for a while so that should not be too much of a problem. Teaching to drive my gf on this monster could be suicidal, though biggrin.png

From my understanding the limited-slip dif is one of those features very handy if you're ever going to do any light off roading or wet conditions, from what I've read some compare to traction control and some say more useful.

had traction control 4x4 since 1993, Range Rover, and a bunch of limited slips.

Traction control is more efficient as it kicks in earlier when traction is lost. Limited slip can be hard to predict on wet paved road, as when it kicks in the drift gets really wide. But it does improve off road ability to remain moving

Nothing beats center lock and front and rear lock, MB Gelandewagen late 80s, but ETC is much more comfy and no drivers errors can occur

The letter in question;

post-80555-0-99028000-1329614555_thumb.j

From a quick translation basically saying the same in the email I was sent "sorry but worst case will be after June till delivery"hit-the-fan.gif

It concerns 2,2 WT only, sorry no have for Songkran, no have before June, but you can have a 2,2 XLT if you want a ranger sooner than June

seems to me they have got manufactoring output up to normal, as Rangers are available at dealers and BT50s are being delivered an mass, but they sure miss something to manuafctor TH 2,2 WT. Could be seats, plastics/roofrails/rollbar/bedliner/, LSD

as LSD is Th spec unique, I d guess thats the issue

as 3,2 is not available yet in TH, no mention

The letter in question;

From a quick translation basically saying the same in the email I was sent "sorry but worst case will be after June till delivery"hit-the-fan.gif

It concerns 2,2 WT only, sorry no have for Songkran, no have before June, but you can have a 2,2 XLT if you want a ranger sooner than June

You beat me to it, after a re-read it seems after June will be the earliest.angry.png

The letter in question;

You beat me to it, after a re-read it seems after June will be the earliest.angry.png

yeah, and man I m glad I made that bt50 order. and this would be a good time to get my ranger deposit backgiggle.gif

So,

Bottom line is that the flood caused all this (Ford letter says this)!

What a load of crap!

I am off to get a BT50 and if that's delayed too its going to be a Chevy.

Ford seems to be intent on making a bad name for itself.

If the flood is the reason for delay, how come the 3.2 is being delivered in Australia eh?

Someone in Ford needs to explain without lying.

The floods did affect vehicle production in that some factories that supply parts needed in the assembly were inundated. Similar to what happened with Western Digital's hard drives factory; totally flooded whereas Seagate's avoided the deluge. However, component parts needed by Seagate for their HD assembly were in short supply due to these component parts suppliers factories being wiped out.

Since the Ford market in Australia and the antipodes is much more significant than the Ford market in Thailand, the delayed Rayong production is being prioritized for the best market with the fastest rate if return. Wasn't the car launched in Australia first? Ford market share in Thailand doesn't warrant increasing what is available here just because the factory is here and a bunch of expats think the Ranger is the dogs <deleted>. Console yourself with considering how bad deliveries would be if the Ford factory was in the flooded central belt or even worse, not even in Thailand... or get a BT-50.... or a Chevy.

Edited by NanLaew

great the Ranger wildrack 3.2 will be debuting for 1.049 mil especially as i dont plan on getting much in the way of concessions as I will be buying when available. Spoke to the dealership few days ago who advised me the price, still hoping the everest will be available end of this year or more concrete information will be out especially given the trailblazer will be out sooner.

The chev/isuzu offering is more of an extension of the previous generation inside and out, reminds me of the navara, the new ranger/bt50 may only be a little more refined and substantial but that little bit goes a long way makes me question whether toyota can afford to delay the imv2. will be interesting to see the new nissan/mitsu platform and their pickup suv offerings sometime this year.

I've also been given this price via a ford sales consultant in a Thai ranger club website....If its true it represents great value.

So

If the flood is the reason for delay, how come the 3.2 is being delivered in Australia eh?

According to sources, the Ranger's currently being sold in Australia are coming from South Africa.

Then maybe they can divert some to Thailand as well then.

I understand Honda is now delivering Japan assembled cars to keep market share here in Thailand.

I suppose Ford thinks thats too hard!

So

According to sources, the Ranger's currently being sold in Australia are coming from South Africa.

I understand Honda is now delivering Japan assembled cars to keep market share here in Thailand.

I suppose they rightly think that it's impossible for them to replicate the Honda deal ;)

Even pulling in the 'big guns' to lobby for the 1st car buyer scheme to include the 1.6L Fiesta didn't work, so the way I see it, there's not a chance in the world that they'd be able to broker a Honda-style duty-free deal.

Paid a visit to Ford, Chiang Mai today & they had a chilli orange Wildtrak on show

post-99758-0-16408300-1329730918_thumb.j

It was a 4x4 2.2lt, but only for show. The 2x2 model they said 6 months for delivery. XLT 3 months.

To be honest, I don't like it. Less choice of colours, the chilli orange looked darker than this photo, may be they should've parked it in the sun. Black (or dark grey) plastic door handles, dark grey grill.

Paid a visit to Ford, Chiang Mai today & they had a chilli orange Wildtrak on show

It was a 4x4 2.2lt, but only for show. The 2x2 model they said 6 months for delivery. XLT 3 months.

To be honest, I don't like it. Less choice of colours, the chilli orange looked darker than this photo, may be they should've parked it in the sun. Black (or dark grey) plastic door handles, dark grey grill.

I don't mind the orange color, but I wouldn't buy it...

However, the black door handles, grille and fender 'vent' trims make it look like some sort of weird base-model 'taxi pack' with some aftermarket body parts added. The XLT's small amount of brightwork makes it look 4 levels higher up the range IMHO.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

I don't mind the orange color, but I wouldn't buy it...

However, the black door handles, grille and fender 'vent' trims make it look like some sort of weird base-model 'taxi pack' with some aftermarket body parts added. The XLT's small amount of brightwork makes it look 4 levels higher up the range IMHO.

Agreed. If the XLT had the same features as the Wildtrak, without the "tonka toy truck look", I'd pay the extra. I think I'll save some money & order the XLT as it is today. We went to look at the Mazda today. Inside is ok, but I prefer the look of the Ranger interior. Didn't like the exterior at all.

So

I suppose they rightly think that it's impossible for them to replicate the Honda deal wink.png

Even pulling in the 'big guns' to lobby for the 1st car buyer scheme to include the 1.6L Fiesta didn't work, so the way I see it, there's not a chance in the world that they'd be able to broker a Honda-style duty-free deal.

Not with a US national running the Ford TH show

I think the Ford looks better. Sunday I saw a black four-door and a metalic red two-door, first two door I've seen. Also say a black four door Mazda, on the same trip, looked good as well, but not as nice as the Ford.

from the top shelf, a 3,2 XLT loaded, in TRUE RED, at 999k baht. until then, BT50 3,2, close to loaded at 988k baht

while I used to accept the looks of the WT just to get the spec and engine, I now honestly dislike it, I always did, I just managed to ignore it

while I used to accept the looks of the WT just to get the spec and engine, I now honestly dislike it, I always did, I just managed to ignore it

Same - it ws only after seeing it in the metal that it struck me that it looked like a base model with a body kit..

I suggested the same way back at post no 309 MRO. You're right, the WT will not be a success due to the fact it looks ugly & Ford's terrible programme to date. Sadly, they possibly/probably? have the best truck in the segment and they've stuffed their golden opportunity to gain some sizeable market share from Izu and Toyota.

So according to some posters there is a boat going to Aus every week with Rangers on them.

Then some others say that the Rangers in Aus are being sourced from Sth Africa.

The truth is out there, if only we could find it!

I am seriously looking at the BT-50 which seems not to have any similar issues(?).

Mazda are making all sorts of promises, which Ford are not making even as an apology for being a bunch of d**kwads.

The Colorado is 905k and its not even leather! So dropped that one straight off.

So the butt ugly BT-50 appears to be the best choice.

BTW, can I leave my Ranger order and 5K at Ford and when they ring in 2014 to say its here I can say "Sorry I forgot I don't want it give me back my 5K please?" and actually get it back?

Edited by kiwiinasia

Conversely, some who buy the XLT want to make it look like the WT;

(photos taken from another forum)

Conversely, some who buy the XLT want to make it look like the WT;

(photos taken from another forum)

I think that looks really good actually with the chrome Ranger badge and the bumper.

I think it would look even better if the bottom grill was chrome.