Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

Does anyone know if a rearview camera in now available in Thailand to be fitted to the xlt as an aftermarket product?

There are numerous rear view cameras available in LOS, the question is the display. Will the screen in the Ranger accept a video signal from the camera? If not then you need a separate screen.

Here is a link to a site that sells the OEM camera rear view mirror setup that comes on the 3.2 WT.

https://www.camera-s...-genk332-mirror

not cheap......

I emailed them to find out more info about this camera. 18K baht sounds about right I think!,,,not cheap,

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My modified passenger door, by some asshol_e who does not know how to park.

Yes, it needs a wash smile.png

I have almost 5000k on the clock and clipped my first crotch-rocket at the traffic lights last night. He ricocheted off my left fender (he blindsided me trying to cut left to right across my bow as we both made a right hand turn) but he didn't do too much damage, just a deep scuff ahead of the wheel arch from the knobs on the ends of his levers. Knobhead!

Later, I reversed into a bamboo tree across the street from the house. Luckily just missed the tail light cluster that I have seen on ebay.co.uk for over £400!!!

It's only a matter of time.

PS. Mine needs a wash too but it's rainy season and only two washes it has had resulted in downpours within a couple of hours.

Edited by NanLaew

Does anyone know if a rearview camera in now available in Thailand to be fitted to the xlt as an aftermarket product?

There are numerous rear view cameras available in LOS, the question is the display. Will the screen in the Ranger accept a video signal from the camera? If not then you need a separate screen.

Here is a link to a site that sells the OEM camera rear view mirror setup that comes on the 3.2 WT.

not cheap......

I emailed them to find out more info about this camera. 18K baht sounds about right I think!,,,not cheap,

I got a response from them and they seem to think it will fit the ranger here:

As long as you have the large blue oval in the center of the tailgate the kit will work great. The instructions are written for an F series truck but if you're handy you can figure it out no problem.

not cheap......

I got a response from them and they seem to think it will fit the ranger here:

As long as you have the large blue oval in the center of the tailgate the kit will work great. The instructions are written for an F series truck but if you're handy you can figure it out no problem.

Worth noting that the blue Ford badge on the rear of the trucks with the camera is a different size to those without.

Worth noting that the blue Ford badge on the rear of the trucks with the camera is a different size to those without.

When you say different size, do you mean height and width? Or do you mean thickness? I would be very surprised if the tail gate was a different part number on a camera (3.2 WT) than on a 2.2

When you say different size, do you mean height and width? Or do you mean thickness? I would be very surprised if the tail gate was a different part number on a camera (3.2 WT) than on a 2.2

Don't know, I just remember the manager at my Ford dealer mentioned it when he showed my the first 3.2WT that arrived recently. It is just the oval Ford badge, nothing else that is smaller.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

5000 bath for below unit, but likely without mounting.

http://www.elitesensor.com/parking.htm

ebay has 300baht for parking sensors with free shipping to thailand, fitted on a friends hilux, works great now for six months.

I might go for something like that, I find it very handy on my H. City. No way I gonna spend 18k bath on a rear view mirror camera unit.

I wonder if Ford would mount a non Ford parking senor unit in order not to void the warranty?

I think that anything non- OEM or non- Ford after-market that requires cutting or splicing into the existing original wiring will void any warranties.

Best to wait until the warranty has expired.... but by that time, I will have backed into the bloody bamboo tree so many times, why would I go to all that time and extra expense on an old, beat-up truck?

I have had reverse sensors mounted on every car I have owned in Thailand (3) and there was never any question about voiding of the warranty. They are a very simple installation with one power wire. The reverse sensors will the very first thing I install on my Ranger after delivery whether by Ford or do it myself. They are a life saver.

The very first day I had them on my Navara I was about to reverse on a side street that I had parked on and they started beeping.......could not see anything in the mirrors. Got out and looked and sure enough someone had parked their scooter right behind me. If I had back up I would have crushed the scooter and you know who would have been in the wrong and would have had to pay for the damages. I will not have a car in LOS without them.

I will have think about the camera as it is a lot of money.......

I have had reverse sensors mounted on every car I have owned in Thailand (3) and there was never any question about voiding of the warranty. They are a very simple installation with one power wire. The reverse sensors will the very first thing I install on my Ranger after delivery whether by Ford or do it myself. They are a life saver.

The very first day I had them on my Navara I was about to reverse on a side street that I had parked on and they started beeping.......could not see anything in the mirrors. Got out and looked and sure enough someone had parked their scooter right behind me. If I had back up I would have crushed the scooter and you know who would have been in the wrong and would have had to pay for the damages. I will not have a car in LOS without them.

Naw, it would have fallen over, so minor damage (and that is speaking from experience). No matter how I hate to admit it, I was in the wrong and you would have been in the wrong as well.

Edited by stevenl

I totally agree I would have been in the wrong, but having seen way too many of these situations I know I would have had to pay to make a beat up old scooter look new again.......

Each to his own, but as I say they are invaluable in LOS

I totally agree I would have been in the wrong, but having seen way too many of these situations I know I would have had to pay to make a beat up old scooter look new again.......

I don't have sensors on my car and ran into a low moveable metal barrier - to low to be seen in my mirrors and directly behind me - put a small dent in my boot lid...the sensors would have been useful that day.

Best to wait until the warranty has expired.... but by that time, I will have backed into the bloody bamboo tree so many times, why would I go to all that time and extra expense on an old, beat-up truck?

Cut the bamboo tree down.....

I agree, last weekend in Jomtien a car backed into a new looking motor bike and the impact could be heard from 50 meters away, car owner and bike owner discussing whom was to blame (both Thais), the bike rider parking his bike just as the car family enters the car and then boom. I didn't stay around to hear the outcome, but bet that the BKK plated car owner will have to pay up.

Its disappointing that the Ranger doesn't have as a min. parking sensors as standard.

I agree, last weekend in Jomtien a car backed into a new looking motor bike and the impact could be heard from 50 meters away, car owner and bike owner discussing whom was to blame (both Thais), the bike rider parking his bike just as the car family enters the car and then boom. I didn't stay around to hear the outcome, but bet that the BKK plated car owner will have to pay up.

Its disappointing that the Ranger doesn't have as a min. parking sensors as standard.

not seeing parking sensors as standard on many new cars these days. shame as (like brake lights) I'm somewhat conditioned to them - they're what tells me at the screen smile.png

Anyone else think the aircon in the Ranger is too cold?

Even on the lowest settings, its freezing.

I have the turn it off every now and then.

Also, I notice no difference when you turn the nob left or right. It says that anti clockwise is the coldest, but I am not so sure about that.

Just received the following email from my Ford dealer........I guess my thought that I would have price protection even if delivered after January was wrong. At least that is what I think they are trying to tell me smile.png

dear mr. xxxxxx,

Thank you for your kindly reserved to Ford Ranger Wildtrak with us.

As you ve known, Ford had announced to stopped booking this model since March 2012. Therefore Customer who reserved this model after March,the price and campaign will be not protected from Ford anyway. (referred from National dealer Meeting - June 2012)

Thank you for your courtesy.

--

Go Further

best regards,

VORAPOJ PRANTHANACHAI

general manager / dealer principal

t : +66 32 547 367 - 8

f : +66 32 547 088, 522 595

m : +66 81 815 3420

Hello there... Just to update some news I got from a dealer in BKK on the Ford Ranger status. For a 4WD XLT, apparently the delivery delay is now of 4 months. For wildtraks (2.2) the dealer told me it would go up to 1 year.

4 months for an XLT might be playable (not so many issues with manual drive as far as I'm concerned, but I'm still a novice driver, so a bit more worried about controlling the car in the first few months). I was thinking instead of opting for a ford focus (I live in BKK, so space is also a consideration) old model, as they are now discounted. BTW, the ford focus has the rear parking sensors. ;)

I think the sensors are good enough and camera is overkill

Edited by mr3cho

I think the sensors are good enough and camera is overkill

Hello there... Just to update some news I got from a dealer in BKK on the Ford Ranger status. For a 4WD XLT, apparently the delivery delay is now of 4 months. For wildtraks (2.2) the dealer told me it would go up to 1 year.

This is in total conflict to my dealers words.

The promise is now July, which matches the 1st letter from Ford back in February.

I just saw about 10 Isuzu DMAX V-Cross all burgundy coloured on the lot down the road.... tempted...

This is in total conflict to my dealers words.

The promise is now July, which matches the 1st letter from Ford back in February.

I just saw about 10 Isuzu DMAX V-Cross all burgundy coloured on the lot down the road.... tempted...

Well, I just quoted the mail of the dealer I've been in touch with. This waiting period is for new orders. As to you, I guess you passed your order some times ago. wink.png

The best one was when i walked into the Toyota dealership of Petchburi road... 4 months too for a 4WD Toyota Hilux Vigo!

The most common answer is that the greatest part of the production is reserved for export and that only about 20 % of the production is for the interior market... Toyota said the same thing. In addition, the floods of last year seem to have driven very high the demand for these sort of offroad tanks.

Anyone else think the aircon in the Ranger is too cold?

Even on the lowest settings, its freezing.

I have the turn it off every now and then.

Also, I notice no difference when you turn the nob left or right. It says that anti clockwise is the coldest, but I am not so sure about that.

It can get chilly, especially at night or on overcast days but I reckon it is worth it as it cools the interior down really quick during the hottest April/May days. If it is too cool at night, I either close a couple of face vents or select face/floor vent position. That way there's less thrust coming out of the face vents. The lowest fan speed can feel a tad too high for night drives; I wear long pants and a jacket for those trips! The coolest setting is fully clockwise so if it gets too cool for you, turn it all the way anticlockwise.

It seems that the Wildtrack in Australia comes with a roller shutter as standard, why the fxxx can't it be bought here? I asked Ford in Pattaya about a roller shutter (before I found below web page) and he said no, not made yet, one of his expat customers have imported one from Australia (very expensive I was told)??

I might print the photo and go ask questions at Ford again.

http://www.fordaustr...of-info./page10

It also looks like the Aussis are pretty pissed off about the delays, he-he.

post-69360-0-24860800-1340283534_thumb.j

It seems that the Wildtrack in Australia comes with a roller shutter as standard, why the fxxx can't it be bought here? I asked Ford in Pattaya about a roller shutter (before I found below web page) and he said no, not made yet, one of his expat customers have imported one from Australia (very expensive I was told)??

I might print the photo and go ask questions at Ford again.

http://www.fordaustr...of-info./page10

It also looks like the Aussis are pretty pissed off about the delays, he-he.

wow....

I WANT.....

Has anyone else noticed how inaccurate the funtion is that tells you how many kms you can go before filling up? This is the only thing that bothers me about the new Ranger and it isn't really a big problem but wondering if it is normal or needs looking at? It gives a warning beep very early, 80kms left, and then every 10kms or so but it is way out. This morning I drove a few kms to walk the dog and it showed 50kms worth of gas left but when I got back in and started it up it changed to 78kms?! I've also driven it for almost 30kms when it was showing 0kms!

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

It depends on how you drive.

I'd imagine It's adaptive, and makes a best guess over the last 10KM.

Mine is the same, it can go from 300 to 350 in ten minutes.

It hasn't bothered me yet, although I haven't run it that low.

Edited by stefan2519

MoonRiverOasis the pictures, is this made now ? could it have been imported into Thailand?

I followed yesterday a few cars behind an SUV that I had never seen before, I did manage to get just 1 car behind, It said FORD on the back, was white with red plates, the back + a glimpse of the side looked very like this, was bigger + a lot different than the new shape Escape, but no idea what model it was other than a Ford.

Edit: Looked at Ford USA SUV pictures when I got home but could not find anything that looked like it, Nearest was something called Ford Edge, but that look very much bigger in the picture than what I was following, it was bigger than the Escape but not that big

Have a look in the Ford Australia website

You might have seen the Ford Territory, which is officially imported into Thailand

Edited by hansnl