Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is a moderate lift like in the black one legal? The missus will need a ladder to throw the shopping in the back whistling.gif No way I'd have the exhaust out the side though; just right to burn passengers legs:)

I'm really considering lowering my one for that exact same reason.

I've put a lot of gouges in my tailgate from putting motorbikes in the tray.

I'm 5"10 and it's just 2 or 3" too tall for me.

I parked next to an Mitsubishi PJS the other week in Tesco's and it made it look like a toy.

Yes, it does make the truck look tough and strong, but it's just that fraction too much IMHO!

Ordered my xlt double cab auto on 28th June. Ford dealership promised to deliver within one month. One month has come and gone and no sight of vehicle. Reading this forum, not surprised that vehicle did not arrive on time. Leading up to the deliver due date, phoned them and visited once a week so they would not forget me. Even 4 days before due deliver they said vehicle would be received in time. Spoke with salespersons and ford dealership Manager yesterday and they said that the Ford plant has reduced production of vehicles this week ( don't believe them, as the problem with supply has been going on for months) they said they now do not no when vehicle will be delivered ( probably the first honest answer they have given me).

Any advice from anyone on how far I should push this? ie I don't want to upset them to the point that they push my order down the waitlist, but also don't want to stay silent so they forget me.

6 weeks ago I ordered my XLT RAP Cab.

I just got this email

Dear K. Spoonman

Your new pick up is ready to delivery on tomorrow (9 Aug.)forward,please appointment to me about your conveniently time.

Maybe wait a few more weeks.

while getting my DL today, a Thai guy pulls in with a White 3.2 Litre Wildtrak. Besides being Green with Envy, I asked him how much, just over 1 million. Coincidentally in the same lot not far away was an older white WT. The new sure sits noticably higher. No apparent mods to the new or old one as far as lift kits etc.

I wanted a 3.2, just have to do with my 2.2 sad.png

Do you think/fell the 2.2 is good enough for average motoring (city- highway- ect)?

I also wanted the 3.2 but common sense made me change my mind, I will never drive fully loaded and I think the smaller engine will go min 1 km/l more and no need for 4WD.

Still waiting for the 2.2WTsad.png but haven't heard anything from the dealer lately.

I'm still waiting for mine,so no long term experience,but I could finally test drive the 2.2 AT 4Dr here in CM...Normally it's a short drive on the streets (flat),so I've insisted of taking the truck for a longer test up to Doi Suthep...firstly I've heard the usual "mai dai",but after talking to the manager,I was on my way...I think most of you know the Doi Suthep,but for you who don't,it is a quite a constant steep road up the hill,so a good test of the engine power....I was pretty satisfied with the performance,starting to go up on the AT(normal) setting,but quickly switched to the "manual" option,since the AT was just working "overtime",going up and down constantly...anyway,the "manual" works great,you can stay on your desired gear as long as necessary...mostly 2nd and 3rd,enough to pass most of the cars going up hill,including Vigo and Isuzu wink.png ...downhill the same,manual 3rd-2nd gear and almost no need for breaking...of course,one could use more power of the 3.2 L engine,but for me,as long as you don't drive in the hills all the time,the 2.2 L should be enough...on flat streets,more than enough...

Now,there is slight issue with this delayed acceleration from full stop,or if you go very slow and want to speed up quickly,it takes a couple of seconds to get going,but...it is a diesel and quite a small engine for this big truck like this,I guess...

In conclusion,I can't wait to actually get one...unfortunately our original sales person is no longer working there and he did screw up our order,so you know what that means...tongue.png Cheers...

unfortunately our original sales person is no longer working there and he did screw up our order,so you know what that means...tongue.png Cheers...

I think we had the same salesman sad.png

If you're flexible on colors and/or manual instead of AT,you have a chance to get it sooner,but harry up to tell them that,because starting next month there will be less and less deliveries...

Do you think/fell the 2.2 is good enough for average motoring (city- highway- ect)?

I also wanted the 3.2 but common sense made me change my mind, I will never drive fully loaded and I think the smaller engine will go min 1 km/l more and no need for 4WD.

Still waiting for the 2.2WTsad.png but haven't heard anything from the dealer lately.

Yeah, I am happy with my 2.2, I usually only drive around Bangkok with the odd road trip every few long weekends. But wouldnt mind the extra power, even though it has plenty already.

If you're flexible on colors and/or manual instead of AT,you have a chance to get it sooner,but harry up to tell them that,because starting next month there will be less and less deliveries...

How could there be less deliveries than there appear to be now? sad.png Any idea why?

Maybe time to take a trip to Mazda - the look of that truck is growing on me......

How could there be less deliveries than there appear to be now? sad.png Any idea why?

Maybe time to take a trip to Mazda - the look of that truck is growing on me......

Exactly, on Ford FB page I read sometime ago that they will be ramping up production starting in October.

Exactly, on Ford FB page I read sometime ago that they will be ramping up production starting in October.

They have a limit on deliveries in Thailand and they are getting closer to it as we are getting closer to the end of the year...

Yeah I heard the production will be much better by the end of the year.

What also made the productions slow, was not every part in the car is made from ford, like parts in the aircon for all manufacturer are bought from mainly one place in Thailand which was underwater. Ford was not on the top of the list as Toyota/Honda put orders in for a lot more before Ford did and is what has held up most of the production of cars.

So hopefully end of this year and next year the cars should be flowing out a lot quicker.

Well thats what I heard, there is probably a hundred different stories.

Yeah, I am happy with my 2.2, I usually only drive around Bangkok with the odd road trip every few long weekends. But wouldnt mind the extra power, even though it has plenty already.

Just picked up my 2.2 in BKK and drove it back to Pattaya. Unladen on the motorway it has plenty of poke. 2800rpm = 160km/h.

I'm still waiting for mine,so no long term experience,but I could finally test drive the 2.2 AT 4Dr here in CM...Normally it's a short drive on the streets (flat),so I've insisted of taking the truck for a longer test up to Doi Suthep...firstly I've heard the usual "mai dai",but after talking to the manager,I was on my way...I think most of you know the Doi Suthep,but for you who don't,it is a quite a constant steep road up the hill,so a good test of the engine power....I was pretty satisfied with the performance,starting to go up on the AT(normal) setting,but quickly switched to the "manual" option,since the AT was just working "overtime",going up and down constantly...anyway,the "manual" works great,you can stay on your desired gear as long as necessary...mostly 2nd and 3rd,enough to pass most of the cars going up hill,including Vigo and Isuzu wink.png ...downhill the same,manual 3rd-2nd gear and almost no need for breaking...of course,one could use more power of the 3.2 L engine,but for me,as long as you don't drive in the hills all the time,the 2.2 L should be enough...on flat streets,more than enough...

Now,there is slight issue with this delayed acceleration from full stop,or if you go very slow and want to speed up quickly,it takes a couple of seconds to get going,but...it is a diesel and quite a small engine for this big truck like this,I guess...

In conclusion,I can't wait to actually get one...unfortunately our original sales person is no longer working there and he did screw up our order,so you know what that means...tongue.png Cheers...

Well I've had mine 7mnths now and almost 9000kms and not used the manual option yet, always fine in D and that included a 2000km trip from Chiang Rai to Hua Hin and back on all types of roads.

Had a test drive in the Hi racer MT today. Didn't like the gear shift, but I guess you'd get used to it. Too used to my 5 MT Strada. Dashboard plastic looked nasty compared to the Ranger. And....... NO ABS or airbags!!! Only in the AT version, considerably more expensive. And the view over the bonnet (hood) is strange - 2 large ridges to the left & right. Whatever, not for me.

Had a test drive in the Hi racer MT today. Didn't like the gear shift, but I guess you'd get used to it. Too used to my 5 MT Strada. Dashboard plastic looked nasty compared to the Ranger. And....... NO ABS or airbags!!! Only in the AT version, considerably more expensive. And the view over the bonnet (hood) is strange - 2 large ridges to the left & right. Whatever, not for me.

...kind off why I still stick with Ranger ...

Just picked up my 2.2 in BKK and drove it back to Pattaya. Unladen on the motorway it has plenty of poke. 2800rpm = 160km/h.

is there any truth in what i heard that the ranger and Bt-50 are speed limited to 170 km/hr

is there any truth in what i heard that the ranger and Bt-50 are speed limited to 170 km/hr

Dunno, I backed off when I hit 160..... traffic, pretty sure the guys at work said 180km/h is "comfortable" with the 2.2. I'll report back tomorrow if there is a "170" limiter.

2012-08-10-1042.jpg

Edited by Spoonman

I have the white wildtrak. I must say I would much prefer the chrome grill and handles etc the 2.2 version has instead of the black.

Lukey, are you in Thailand, I have the XLT with Chrome grille/handles/mirrors etc and would to swap them for black ones.

Hi all,

Like many I've been waiting for a 2.2 white wildtrak for a very long time. I'm getting absolutely no info from the sales rep in phuket as to where my truck is. He won't even tell me what number in the queue i am. I've been offered a regular white ranger delivered in 2-3 weeks but the wildtrak... Nothing. I would like to contact someone at ford hq and wondered if anyone had a contact I could approach? I can't understand why the wildtrak is held up. The attitude from my sales rep in phuket makes me feel that Ford dosen't want us/anyone to have the wildtrak. Judging by how many I've seem on the roads I would say my assumption is true.