Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My new Ranger WT "WhiteTruck"...as of today...

...and the new Matt Black Rear bumper...

...still waiting for the Hard Top....

Very nice. Like the sticker in the back window, rich and lucky, do tell more! you won the thai lottery? show me how...

555...no lotto win ...yet!....My wife's nickname is Lucky(Lak)....get a hint? biggrin.png ...

Richard

Your truck is easy to spot, not that I was stalking you as you drove into Big C Xtra today........

Better not say anything bad to me on TV wink.png

LOL

Your truck is easy to spot, not that I was stalking you as you drove into Big C Xtra today........

Better not say anything bad to me on TV wink.png

LOL

...dam_n,it's a small world biggrin.png ...say hello next time...

Quality nuts, bolts & washers shouldn't rust. My 11 year old truck is rust free. Hell, even the nuts & bolts on my lawn mower are rust free after 9 years......

I'm with you on this one...my guess is,that sooner,or later(perhaps) we will find out,if it is a real problem or not...from forums,or from "the Boss" himself...

I take it that yours is OK, so far. Must have been from the same "batch".

I can't say specifically - but I know from a friend who works at Ford Thailand (not Ranger project) that he had to source many parts from abroad last year due to the flooding - tyres etc - perhaps some Chinese bolts?

that wildtrak says xlt

funcat said White Truck not Wildtrak

How much do you think it would cost to take the 2.2 engine out and throw in a 3.2?

Be looking at approx 200k for the bare engine.

Cheaper to just change the badges on the side thumbsup.gif

Good Idea!!....I may just do that for my wife ...(prestige)...laugh.png

I seen this recently on a Thai based forum, can get complete kits for de-chromed parts for XLT for those who wish to change (having seen Funcat's pics though, I think the white grille & mirrors looks great by the way) Also, note the standard XLT wheels but the owner has them a different color.

post-30245-0-13160800-1348371292_thumb.j post-30245-0-66435200-1348371317_thumb.j post-30245-0-00255200-1348371341_thumb.j post-30245-0-44468100-1348371357_thumb.j

just debadge - keep 'em guessing. CRV been doing it for years, no knowing if its 2.0 or 2.4 until behind them on the on ramp!!

I seen this recently on a Thai based forum, can get complete kits for de-chromed parts for XLT for those who wish to change (having seen Funcat's pics though, I think the white grille & mirrors looks great by the way) Also, note the standard XLT wheels but the owner has them a different color.

post-30245-0-13160800-1348371292_thumb.j post-30245-0-66435200-1348371317_thumb.j post-30245-0-00255200-1348371341_thumb.j post-30245-0-44468100-1348371357_thumb.j

I love my chrome biggrin.png

just debadge - keep 'em guessing. CRV been doing it for years, no knowing if its 2.0 or 2.4 until behind them on the on ramp!!

Yes, same as BMW. A expensive one without badges was more expensive than with badges :)

I love my chrome biggrin.png

My chrome just got painted satin black and the tacky "Ranger" "Hi Rider" stickers removed, as well as the XLT badge.

Chrome looks good with some colors(like GunSmokeBlue)...but not with white so much IMO,still some chrome highlights are OK....

...but those silver painted wheels look awful...I don't want to change them,because of the guarantee issues(done that before),so repainting them with flat black color will do for now.

Does anybody know where to get this rubberized paint ? It can be easy to apply...and easy to take off wink.png

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3573712&kw=plasti-dip&origkw=plasti+dip&searchId=60799125533

I saw it ones at the auto show,but did not get any info on it ...700+ Baht a can(I think it was)...quite a markup...

Chrome looks good with some colors(like GunSmokeBlue)...but not with white so much IMO,still some chrome highlights are OK....

...but those silver painted wheels look awful...I don't want to change them,because of the guarantee issues(done that before),so repainting them with flat black color will do for now.

Does anybody know where to get this rubberized paint ? It can be easy to apply...and easy to take off wink.png

http://www.acehardwa...hId=60799125533

I saw it ones at the auto show,but did not get any info on it ...700+ Baht a can(I think it was)...quite a markup...

Have the wheels repainted, it will not affect the warranty.

Not that brand, but HomePro sells spray-on undercoating.

If you are in Pattaya, I think they have an Ace Hardware, I know they used to. If they don't have it, they can probably get it.

Have the wheels repainted, it will not affect the warranty.

Not that brand, but HomePro sells spray-on undercoating.

If you are in Pattaya, I think they have an Ace Hardware, I know they used to. If they don't have it, they can probably get it.

I'm in CM,so no Ace Hardware here...The benefit of this paint is,that it actually protects the original paint and if you're tired of it,it peels right of(that's also a negative aspect of it) smile.png ...but one can always re-touch...wink.png It's almost like a spray on vinyl wrap.

...I'll keep searching,no rush...

you might be able to contact Plastidip Thailand directly, I'm sure this chap will be able to tell you where stocks it, or they may be able to send to you directly http://www.plastidip-thailand.com/contact/

you might be able to contact Plastidip Thailand directly, I'm sure this chap will be able to tell you where stocks it, or they may be able to send to you directly http://www.plastidip...nd.com/contact/

Yes...found them already...Thanks!...still 800 Baht a can+ shipping...found also an American site...$3.50 per can! I know also some places in CM that may keep it in stock,gotta check them first...wink.png

BTW,just learned that they spray whole cars with it w00t.gif (pro sprayer of course,not a can)