Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

Is it like what we see in these videos? seems to accelerate hard at 1500 rpms. wheels chirp( but I can't tell if he is power braking)

but this is the 3.2L

I wish it was that fast! Maybe if I put in the racechip...

As the quote I referenced from Ford indicates, the throttle lag was designed to prevent accidentally pressing the accelerator when off-roading. Therefore, there shouldn't be a lag issue when starting at 0 rpm, only when driving slowly and then accelerating. I think it isn't a bad idea if it was an optional setting. It's just maddening to put up with it during normal street driving.

Edited by thamilto

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it like what we see in these videos? seems to accelerate hard at 1500 rpms. wheels chirp( but I can't tell if he is power braking)

but this is the 3.2L

I am quiet sure this feature can be disabled by connecting ford diagnosis

and the throttle response in general can be adjusted in car by installing a throttle sensibility unit, anyone can find a link? you all know how terrible i am at this stuff

As the quote I referenced from Ford indicates, the throttle lag was designed to prevent accidentally pressing the accelerator when off-roading. Therefore, there shouldn't be a lag issue when starting at 0 rpm, only when driving slowly and then accelerating. I think it isn't a bad idea if it was an optional setting. It's just maddening to put up with it during normal street driving.

Hi Kabinretiree,

Are the sensors integrated in the dash monitor?

I was wondering if the aftermarket ones will be the same as the Ford's.

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.... Like shown below (note: is ParkPilot a generic name, or from BOSCH?)

post-30245-0-17192300-1329990381.jpg

Thanks to your help, and katabeachbum's, I might of found the cause of the low-speed throttle lag. According to http://www.gpsvehicl...iving-analysis:

"The Ranger’s auto shift points and throttle mapping are also changed according to what the car is doing. In low range, Ford say "the throttle response is changed to an off-road setting which provides a less sensitive, softer pedal feel. This helps prevent unintentional acceleration due to the bouncing motion of the driver’s foot while moving over bumpy ground.“"

If this throttle mapping can't be adjusted, I might be selling my truck.

It seems the link is broken on that one.

Hi Kabinretiree,

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.... Like shown below (note: is ParkPilot a generic name, or from BOSCH?)

Hi Kabinretiree,

When I ordered mine they did say "4 zone Parkpilot" so I assumed they'd be integrated.

This new quote system keeps playing up on me.

Edited by stefan2519

Thanks to your help, and katabeachbum's, I might of found the cause of the low-speed throttle lag. According to http://www.gpsvehicl...iving-analysis:

"The Ranger’s auto shift points and throttle mapping are also changed according to what the car is doing. In low range, Ford say "the throttle response is changed to an off-road setting which provides a less sensitive, softer pedal feel. This helps prevent unintentional acceleration due to the bouncing motion of the driver’s foot while moving over bumpy ground.“"

If this throttle mapping can't be adjusted, I might be selling my truck.

It seems the link is broken on that one.

Remove the ":" (colon) at the end of the url

Seems like Thai pickups have come to where euros came 1,5 decades ago, so many electronic features the garage/techs/mechanics have no clue on how they are supposed to work.

thamiltos experience show us they take it for a spin around the corner and say "its all fine". What they should do is to connect diagnosis, take a look at throttle, ask owner if he wants any features disabled, and one happy driver would have bragged about Fords customer service and custom programming of his ride. Cost? 10 minutes

but this is the 3.2L

I checked on the drive home today, and the throttle lag occurs even when starting from 0 rpm. With the petal all the way down, it takes about 2 seconds to reach that 1500 rpm point where the truck actually starts accelerating. I hope Katabeachbum is right and the Ford guys know how to disable this safety feature.

but this is the 3.2L

I checked on the drive home today, and the throttle lag occurs even when starting from 0 rpm. With the petal all the way down, it takes about 2 seconds to reach that 1500 rpm point where the truck actually starts accelerating. I hope Katabeachbum is right and the Ford guys know how to disable this safety feature.

I think you need to consider only lag from idle speed. What's the rpm at idle? 700-800? It would be quite annoying in traffic to have lag at those speeds. Have other new ranger drivers noticed this, and will it also occur in the bt50?

but this is the 3.2L

I think you need to consider only lag from idle speed. What's the rpm at idle? 700-800? It would be quite annoying in traffic to have lag at those speeds. Have other new ranger drivers noticed this, and will it also occur in the bt50?

with a tiny VN turbo there should be no engine-lag at all from 800rpm, +300Nm tourque at what, 1400rpm?

I am quiet sure it is a throttle response issue, and also quiet sure this can be adjusted or disabled in ECU by diagnosis

I can see that frequent speed bumps at close to idle speed activate an off road throttle mode, get rid of it, I dont need it and I have just learned I need to get it deactivated on day of delivery whenevr my mazda bt50 3,2 is due

Hi Kabinretiree,

No visuals.... beeping sound only. Quite frankly, I can't be bothered with those stupid dancing lights on something that is 'stuck-on' to a clean line dash. I would have thought that you would either be concentrating on the two mirrors or looking out the back when reversing the vehicle instead of looking at stupid flashing lights on the dash. The intensity of the beeps tell the story and let you get on with what you are supposed to be doing. Looking out the back (not the dash) when reversing the vehicle.

Each to his own. I am happy with what I got (free with vehicle - as part of the negotiated package)

After silently reading 49 pages, I thought I'd finally add my input as a 2.2 XLT owner. I've driven her 2,500 km in the last month. 50% highway, 50% BKK traffic, averaging 11.8km/l. Happy with the handling, except the transmission.

Getting some strange shifting noises occasionally when driving in traffic (throttle, release, throttle). Sounds like gears rubbing. You can feel it in the accelerator as well.

The truck is also very unresponsive after slowing below 25km/h. After going over a speed bump, for example, you can press the accelerator all the way down with no attempt to downshift for around two seconds. Basically, the truck stays in a higher gear until it slowly reaches 1,500rmp, then it will downshift and peel out. This is very frustrating when you have to drive over 50 speed bumps a day.

I took the truck back to the ford dealer and asked if they could do a computer diagnostic and calibration. They said no, but they drove it around the parking lot and said it seemed fine. They told me the noise I heard was probably the air compressor kicking in.

I know stories like this won't help my resale value, but I thought it was my duty to share my experience after getting so much info from this forum.

I was told there were no bed liners available yet, but that some dealers were selling bed liners that didn’t fit quite right. If you get a reverse camera put in, it won’t be done by Ford, it will just be some shop. Ford won’t let you trade in your 17” tires for 18”, Ford will just take your 17” to a shop and sell them and use that money against the price of the 18”.

One more thing, the air-conditioning is very loud. There are 4 speeds. If you go to 3 or 4, you'll have to shout to have a conversation, (especially at my preferred settings of split head/foot and recycled air). Yet the air isn't coming out fast at all.

When I have some time, I'm going to ask Ford to do a test drive to see if these issues are specific to my truck.

Hi Thamilto

I have had my XLT Double Cab auto now for a month and same as you traveled about 2500kn - also 50% on Highways and 50% in Bangkok traffic.

I don't have the gearbox sound in mine that your are referring to, but I do have that dam_n annoying 4-5 second throttle delay. I too, took it back to Ford, thinking that they may be able to connect it up to some diagnostics machine and tune out the delay. Instead, same as you, they took it for a spin around the carpark and acknowledged = 'yes' there was a delay but in there opinion it was only "3 seconds". The salesman dared suggest that it was a "safety feature". <deleted> !... It has bloody near killed me a few times already, when I have carefully chosen the moment to enter a busy road from a side street, and to my surprise....NOTHING. No acceleration. Meanwhile, those big buses and trucks that have absolutely no intention of slowing down, have given me a few scary moments due to the 5 second delay before the vehicle takes off. Doesn't sound a lot, but when a truck is hurtling at you at 120kph to your right, and your foot is hard to the floor and nothing happening. It's quite scary.

I too ordered a bedliner and a double chrome sports bar (that come standard with the Australian XLT models). i have been told deliver could be April/May?

To give Ford some credit. I had a rattle in the glovebox. Took it back twice. It's now fixed

My only annoyance is the 3000 speed bumps near my house that I have to negotiate everyday and that dam_n throttle delay.

Don't like the sound of that at all. It will be a deal breaker for me if it can't be changed. Ford have really messed up big time with their launch here. I was starting to consider the BT-50 since the 3.2 is taking so long (although I really want the Ford), and now I hear about this throttle delay I am considering not getting any of them at all.

It has bloody near killed me a few times already, when I have carefully chosen the moment to enter a busy road from a side street, and to my surprise....NOTHING. No acceleration. Meanwhile, those big buses and trucks that have absolutely no intention of slowing down, have given me a few scary moments due to the 5 second delay before the vehicle takes off. Doesn't sound a lot, but when a truck is hurtling at you at 120kph to your right, and your foot is hard to the floor and nothing happening. It's quite scary.

First thing I thought of when i read about the lag is the scenario you mention here....

Hope you folks get it sorted.

Don't like the sound of that at all. It will be a deal breaker for me if it can't be changed. Ford have really messed up big time with their launch here. I was starting to consider the BT-50 since the 3.2 is taking so long (although I really want the Ford), and now I hear about this throttle delay I am considering not getting any of them at all.

Same situation with me. I've been reading these threads and considering both Mazda and Ford, but this issue is also a deal killer for me. Bad news.

Time to arrange another test drive, tho' earlier in the week they didn't have an auto. Over a month ago, on the other test drive, I don't recall any lag in acceleration. Did a quick u-turn from a standing starts, & another couple of standing starts on the drive. And I was being heavy with my right foot....

Same situation with me. I've been reading these threads and considering both Mazda and Ford, but this issue is also a deal killer for me. Bad news.

Me too, I can't understand the purpose of the 3-6 sec delay, you push the throttle because you want it to go. No tester from the press have mentioned it before, strange.

Me too, I can't understand the purpose of the 3-6 sec delay, you push the throttle because you want it to go. No tester from the press have mentioned it before, strange.

I am curious if it is a Automatic Trans only issue?

Because if not I cannot see how a manual trans could even be operated without stalling constantly

I've had my 2.2 6AT XLT for about 6 weeks/1400kms and, while there is a slight delay when pushing the throttle at very low speeds, it is nothing like the exaggerated claim of 5-6 seconds! When pulling away from standstill like at traffic lights or a t-junction there is no lag, only when you've slowed right down to maybe 10-20kph when turning a corner and the lag is 1-2 secs at most. If I knew about it when ordering it wouldn't have stopped me from buying, not a big deal but I don't drive over speedbumps all day like others seem to.

Time to arrange another test drive, tho' earlier in the week they didn't have an auto. Over a month ago, on the other test drive, I don't recall any lag in acceleration. Did a quick u-turn from a standing starts, & another couple of standing starts on the drive. And I was being heavy with my right foot....

I didn't notice it during my test-drive either. You may not notice a delay during a test drive if you don't really gun it. Try pushing the petal all the way down. Mild acceleration, or normal driving isn't effected in my truck. But as Krabinretiree pointed out, sometimes you want maximum acceleration. Pushing the petal to the metal should indicate to your vehicle that you want maximum acceleration, not throttle cut-off. I've been playing around with my truck trying to find out more about this throttle lag, because it isn't always there. However, it occurs more often than just during speed bump driving. Last night when timing 0-40km/h with petal all the way down and with petal around 1/4 down, I got the about the same times-- 5 seconds. Of course the acceleration flow was completely different. I'll post videos when I got some time.

It seems some Wildtraks are trickling into the public.

post-80555-0-09472700-1330136199_thumb.j

I really hope there's one of these on the way to me soon!

post-80555-0-41546800-1330136375_thumb.jpost-80555-0-83835200-1330136379_thumb.jpost-80555-0-72234900-1330136387_thumb.jpost-80555-0-23724400-1330136396_thumb.jpost-80555-0-12619700-1330136404_thumb.jpost-80555-0-90703100-1330136410_thumb.jpost-80555-0-11508100-1330136419_thumb.jpost-80555-0-49162200-1330136427_thumb.jpost-80555-0-29099400-1330136443_thumb.j

not likely customer cars, WT in TRUE RED doesnt exist in TH

Export version? Perhaps more colours will come online over the next year. Not have red and blue for the wildtrak is a bid sad. The Thai ranger club website has some pics of the true red xlt with big wheels - looks great.

post-80555-0-41546800-1330136375_thumb.jpost-80555-0-83835200-1330136379_thumb.jpost-80555-0-72234900-1330136387_thumb.jpost-80555-0-23724400-1330136396_thumb.jpost-80555-0-12619700-1330136404_thumb.jpost-80555-0-90703100-1330136410_thumb.jpost-80555-0-11508100-1330136419_thumb.jpost-80555-0-49162200-1330136427_thumb.jpost-80555-0-29099400-1330136443_thumb.j

I believe that is a chli orange, just caught in the wrong lighting! This color chance appearence in different lighting I have noticed. Wildtracks are going to be released in order of when you ordered according to man I spoke to at Ford. They told me starting to release in march-april, and for those that ordered at show or right after price will be 1049000 THB, but only for earlier orders and then price may change, but then again we will see! I am one of those that ordered early, so I will soon find out!

Export version? Perhaps more colours will come online over the next year. Not have red and blue for the wildtrak is a bid sad. The Thai ranger club website has some pics of the true red xlt with big wheels - looks great.

looking at photos, one of them is a vehicle being used. 2 extra keys attached to car key, waterbottle, phone charger.

looking at photos, one of them is a vehicle being used. 2 extra keys attached to car key, waterbottle, phone charger.

All the pics are customer cars and on the road already in Thailand.

Yes, that is the orange in an odd light.

I believe that is a chli orange, just caught in the wrong lighting! This color chance appearence in different lighting I have noticed. Wildtracks are going to be released in order of when you ordered according to man I spoke to at Ford. They told me starting to release in march-april, and for those that ordered at show or right after price will be 1049000 THB, but only for earlier orders and then price may change, but then again we will see! I am one of those that ordered early, so I will soon find out!

I changed my August 2009 deposit from WT 2,2 to WT 3,2 in December. If Ford really starts delivering 3,2 WT full OZ spec at 1.049.000 baht in March-April, it will be a close race with the Mazda BT50 i have made a deposit for, and the winner gets paid

In these photos the Chili Orange looks just as nice as the true red, my WT 3,2 order is chili orange

My early Sept order was just a paper weight till mid Oct when they could specifi what I wanted.

Even though I ordered early I still received a letter stating no earlier than June for delivery :-(

I think it's going to be a draw out of the hat job, if they were taking hundreds of orders a day at the motor show.