Where Has Power/Electric, And Where Does Not?

So it is candlelit dinners for the forseeable future? whistling.gif

Yes, it will be, different areas on different days, expect power cuts about every 3 - 4 days until end of August......

Well this is something to look forward to.

When are the powers that be going to be sufficiently embarrassed to actually do something about the electric "situation" Its pathetic

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So it is candlelit dinners for the forseeable future? whistling.gif

Yes, it will be, different areas on different days, expect power cuts about every 3 - 4 days until end of August......

Thank you for the update. thumbsup.gif

That is according to the meeting with tessaban yesterday......pretty much useless as they cannot say when it will happen and where, next time no need to drive from Chaweng to Nathon and come back with no additional info.....pathetic, I agree.

They are actually doing work on the Maenam sub station right now, ne cabling going in. Butyou sti;; have major supply problems from the source / Kanom ,

They are actually doing work on the Maenam sub station right now, ne cabling going in. Butyou sti;; have major supply problems from the source / Kanom ,

Does that mean replacing the chewing gum around the connections? rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

You are really silly now aren't you? They are using sticky rice.
  • Like 1

So - the power cuts are really when the locals eat the sticky rice? cool.png

So - the power cuts are really when the locals eat the sticky rice? cool.png

Tonite they eat sticky rice from 6.00pm onwards in Chaweng, all of them from TOP's down to first bungalow. They will be eating for a while.....be prepared!

• Like 1

Hallf power a few days in a row at Bophut.

How you get half power is that 120 volt's.

I really don't know what voltage is coming through, but all the lights all but go out, just a trickle through the wires.

Was also out for another 40 odd minutes just now.

I really don't know what voltage is coming through, but all the lights all but go out, just a trickle through the wires.

Normally when light's just about go out and the fan just rotates it means 1 phase has dropped. Better to turn all your stuff off till full power comes back or could destroy some equipment.

Normally when light's just about go out and the fan just rotates it means 1 phase has dropped. Better to turn all your stuff off till full power comes back or could destroy some equipment.

This is what I do . In the past that used to cook the fuse on the pool pump. I hope this is the right term , but I installed a voltage regulator, if power drops or has a spike it cuts the system off.

I need to install one on the house pumps too.

I have also split the power on each floor, so if only one phase goes I still have some power on that floor.;

It is quite common here to get reduced power on a phase. I have one large a/c unit in one of my villas that continually 'trips out' whenever the voltage drops below 180 volts.

I have seen many different voltage levels over the years. TV works, lights flicker and the fan wails ike a screaming banshee. The fridge always goes off though!

Just been told - BangRak - no electric 6 pm - 9 pm next three days

BBQ time?

Power just gone off. MAybe it should have said 16.00???

You are repeating your self.... burp!

So you having a BBQ each night? what time does it start? wink.pngbiggrin.png

Not a good time to have the power go off.... over dinner hour and everyone needed a shower etc.

Seems to be a lot of activity in front of the sub station in Maenam, sure hope that helps everyone soon!.

Just been told - BangRak - no electric 6 pm - 9 pm next three days

BBQ time?

bangrak is perfectly fine.

Tell me about it. Still I am happy that they warn me and it does not happen rather than they cut the power without warning. Lesser of two evils I thinkthumbsup.gif

By the way - we had a great BBQ tonight anyway. licklips.gif

Edited by Tropicalevo

Rolling power cuts for the next few months -

http://www.thephuket...power-32631.php

I assume I don't live in the affected area that will be cut. This is typical of Samui lack of a plan and now they say it might be done by March 2013. What a crock of <deleted>.

A few years ago when they had the problem with the under sea cable, they introduced rolling power cuts and they managed it extremely well. They gave a table of what areas would be affected and the times and they were very accurate. At least you knew in advance when you would be off and when you would come back on and they were punctual to the minute. Can only hope for the same this time round.

Rolling power cuts for the next few months -

http://www.thephuket...power-32631.php

I assume I don't live in the affected area that will be cut. This is typical of Samui lack of a plan and now they say it might be done by March 2013. What a crock of <deleted>.

A few years ago when they had the problem with the under sea cable, they introduced rolling power cuts and they managed it extremely well. They gave a table of what areas would be affected and the times and they were very accurate. At least you knew in advance when you would be off and when you would come back on and they were punctual to the minute. Can only hope for the same this time round.

So much for wishful thinking that they might be efficient again.

20.30 last night, Plai Laem - out go the lights.

22.30 still no power and wanted to go to bed but had not had desert - nice apple sponge, but cold in the fridge.

That to me was the perfect answer. Wanted to heat in the microwave, but of course cannot.

Need power.

Easy.

Eat the apple sponge cold and the power will come back as soon as we finish.

22.40 back comes the power.

I just knew that would work!

So what time tonight will the power go out in Plai Laem and Bangrak? Anyone forewarnings from someone ITK would be greatly appreciated.

At the moment it appears they will be random and at their most inconvenient, early to mid evening meal time, just to add to the fun. Imbeciles.

So what time tonight will the power go out in Plai Laem and Bangrak? Anyone forewarnings from someone ITK would be greatly appreciated.

At the moment it appears they will be random and at their most inconvenient, early to mid evening meal time, just to add to the fun. Imbeciles.

At 1130pm carmine....you just know it.

At 1130pm carmine....you just know it.

You got it! wink.png A pitiful display of incompetance. Why can't they structure...................forget it, what a waste of time....i really can't be bothered! biggrin.png

That was the first power cut in a while I gave it the kiss of death by telling customers that we had not had a power cut for a while then straight away bosh

Keep your mouth shut next time! wink.pngtongue.png

Hey something wrong here, perrrrrfect spelling....clap2.gif turned over a new leaf Big C ???? biggrin.png

My power was off for about 2 hours last night.... from about 8 to 10 pm.... sad.png