Where Has Power/Electric, And Where Does Not?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shot this small clip at last years vacation.

No wonder the electricity goes bye bye sometimes ;D

I'm glad i'm not the one who has to find out which wire is causing the problem :)

My Soi in Maenam out for about an hour from 4 pm today.... Maenam central unaffected from what I heard.

Yesterday seem to be most of the Maenam area for around 2 hours... hardly surprising with the winds blowing down coconut fronds on the wires!

At least a little bit of needed rain!wink.png

My game of Badminton at the 99 was rudely interrupted by a power cut about 430 this afternoon. Still, I got 30 minutes of free badminton out of it smile.png

What were you hitting?

going to thailand soon and was wondering if the blackout really are a big problem there, still need to work online when i'm there

Thailand in general is ok for power it's a Sumui problem.

And even in Samui, it seems to occur much more often in the north of the island. Blackouts where I am in Lamai are very very rare, and have never lasted so long that the battery on my laptop has died.

going to thailand soon and was wondering if the blackout really are a big problem there, still need to work online when i'm there

Thailand in general is ok for power it's a Sumui problem.

And even in Samui, it seems to occur much more often in the north of the island. Blackouts where I am in Lamai are very very rare, and have never lasted so long that the battery on my laptop has died.

I would not say the north of the island, seems to be more Chawang which is east! tongue.png

I think this year power has not been out more than 4 times in my area (Maenam) since or before last November.... just happened to be twice within the last week for about 4 or 5 hours or so, total.... really no worse than I would think in most western countries.... especially those that get a lot of snow or lightening strikes, etc.

One thing I'll say day or night the Electric guys get it fixed PDQ... thumbsup.gif

Shot this small clip at last years vacation.

No wonder the electricity goes bye bye sometimes ;D

I'm glad i'm not the one who has to find out which wire is causing the problem smile.png

[media=]

[/media]

He Man has the power from Grey Skull !

After the "force 9" gale, came through my area of Maenam, this afternoon, then the horizontal rain....... gave everything a good soak....! the garden is happy! thumbsup.gif

Power went out after all settled down, for a short while, here too...

At least it bought some rain this time and cooled things down a bit!..... it's been blowing too much hot air lately wink.png .... my thermometer was at 38 c yesterday, phew! blink.png

Power out the same time in Plai Laem. I was trying to fix a broken switch - I thought that the new switch was duff as well. whistling.gif

Came back on about 11.30 ish?

About then yes.

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes I can be clever, sometimes I can be stupid. Right now I am going to be stupid. How do you power a house from a genny? Yes, I know the genny gives you power, but how do you get the power out into the house?

Sometimes I can be clever, sometimes I can be stupid. Right now I am going to be stupid. How do you power a house from a genny? Yes, I know the genny gives you power, but how do you get the power out into the house?

You just keep rubbing the bottle until he comes out.

Ok on a serious note, you wire your electrical board to a switch. This switch has a heavy duty wire & plug, which plugs into Genny.. Once the power is out, you start genny, flick the switch over to alternate power source & flick the switch on Genny to let the power through.

Ok on a serious note, you wire your electrical board to a switch. This switch has a heavy duty wire & plug, which plugs into Genny.. Once the power is out, you start genny, flick the switch over to alternate power source & flick the switch on Genny to let the power through.

For a start I won't be doing anything.

Where and what is an electrical board? Now you know why I won't be doing it lol!

Edited by mjj

For a start I won't be doing anything.

Where and what is an electrical board? Now you know why I won't be doing it lol!

In your case get a QUALIFIED electrician, to come & wire your electrical board firstly, then perhaps if you want to spend the money, put in an automatic starter switching box. All you have to do is put fuel in Genny.

• Like 1