Where Has Power/Electric, And Where Does Not?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Three separate outages today. Last one at the hottest time (about 3:30pm) for an hour. Really starting to get on my tits. It really just shows, in spite of all the grousing we expats do, the fact is that this place is a Third World country and Samui is in one of the more backward areas.

Every time this happens, resorts must pay a great deal of money in petrol to run their generators. If I were them, I'd be presenting the power company with these bills.

when I settled on this island end the 80es, we sometimes had no electricity for days. No problem at all, no one complained, it didn't matter. Quite on the contrary. It was great. Perfectly tropical romantic, with all the candles and bonfires on the beaches, guitars, beautiful women under the shiny stars. Best time of the month actually.

Still don't care very much about that, 'cause it's part of the game to stay here.....Tropi: Good day to go to the beach.....

......if you don't stay on a beach anyway, but if you don't stay or go to the beach, why here?

Hey Mr. Mod Boss Rooo - this topic has been sludging for a years now. Hundreds of back posts . . . 4000 views and going back 12 months.

How about a brand new topic - "Where has Electric 2012."?

Might have some day-to-day relevance?

Pretty please?

R

Edited by robsamui
  • Like 1

Three separate outages today. Last one at the hottest time (about 3:30pm) for an hour. Really starting to get on my tits. It really just shows, in spite of all the grousing we expats do, the fact is that this place is a Third World country and Samui is in one of the more backward areas.

Every time this happens, resorts must pay a great deal of money in petrol to run their generators. If I were them, I'd be presenting the power company with these bills.

Power company as far as I know does pay the resorts for scheduled interruptions.

• 1 month later...

samui543

Advanced Member

• default_large.png
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 95 posts

Posted Yesterday, 15:42

Just been informed by staff that power will be off in the Chaweng area tomorrow 07/03/12 from 9am to 5pm. Electricity authority also confirms this.

Hear is what i heard in chaweng a car accident happen and hit on one of the major power lines or something so they have to change the whole thing might be a very long day of no power

In bophut from 8am i can confirm till now at 9:35 am no power

Stay cool today.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Love my generator.wai.gif

I sencond that chilling out in the heat with my generator on. An investment well worth it. I laugh at all the rich people with big villas sweating hah hahahahaha

I sencond that chilling out in the heat with my generator on. An investment well worth it. I laugh at all the rich people with big villas sweating hah hahahahaha

Now there's a coincidence for you! Because we laugh at you ALL the time! Hah hahahahahahahaha!

Now there's a coincidence for you! Because we laugh at you ALL the time! Hah hahahahahahahaha!

Power stations don't count Nod.

• 1 month later...