Where Has Power/Electric, And Where Does Not?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lost power so many times last week in Bophut, now off one hour, back an hour, off again.

thought you had a generator?

Doh...he' s been on the piss slumming it in the bars lol!

Not many bars with Generators, playing havoc with the temperature of the beers.

Tell me which 3rd world country have no power failure? If you run a biz you need a reliable power generator. Diesel generators are cheap to operate, consumption about 230 gr diesel/KWH. They are cheap. I have one 15 kVA generator with governor which cost me brand new 85.000 THB

Tell me which 3rd world country have no power failure? If you run a biz you need a reliable power generator. Diesel generators are cheap to operate, consumption about 230 gr diesel/KWH. They are cheap. I have one 15 kVA generator with governor which cost me brand new 85.000 THB

What type & where did you buy it wdr ?

It's a 2 Cylinder Diesel Engine and SAE 3 coupled alternator, available in single phase or 3 phase, opem frame. Under full load the Diesel consumption is approximately 250 gr/kW. If the load increase, the engine automatically increase the required power. The governor will adjust the engine speed to 1500 rpm, as required to generate 230 Volt, 50 Hz. The Diesel engine is designed for Generator applications, 12hr continious run. Exact data can be requested from Marinetech.

It's a 2 Cylinder Diesel Engine and SAE 3 coupled alternator, available in single phase or 3 phase, opem frame. Under full load the Diesel consumption is approximately 250 gr/kW. If the load increase, the engine automatically increase the required power. The governor will adjust the engine speed to 1500 rpm, as required to generate 230 Volt, 50 Hz. The Diesel engine is designed for Generator applications, 12hr continious run. Exact data can be requested from Marinetech.

Thanks for that. I have a 2 cylinder Honda powered, brushless with AVR, 12.5 KVA petrol.Uses around 3 litres of 91 an hour under all but full load.

Power at the rear of Lamai has been up and down most of the day. Not fully stopped as yet, just enough to run the router.

Where is the "rear" of Lamai?ermm.gif

Not where I am, which I would call 'middle of Lamai'; power has been on solid all day.

Still fine here in Lamai. I reckon you guys up north get way more power cuts than we do; it's hardly 'fair' rationing, if that's what it is.

Mine flicked off for perhaps 10 seconds around 5:30 or so. Lot of thunder around but doesn't seem to be getting any closer.

Still fine here in Lamai. I reckon you guys up north get way more power cuts than we do; it's hardly 'fair' rationing, if that's what it is.

Mine flicked off for perhaps 10 seconds around 5:30 or so. Lot of thunder around but doesn't seem to be getting any closer.

Less than 5 minutes after posting it went. Back up in under and hour..... Not bad.

Less than 5 minutes after posting it went. Back up in under and hour..... Not bad.

Lol, yep, ours went too - for the same time.

Four transformers (I think that is the term) blew from over heating on Samui, and one in Haad Rin on KP which may have affected Ban Tai area of KP.....

Too many people cranking up the air con at the same time.... My source of that , is one of the PEA managers.

My power went about 8.30 came on at 1.30 am... strangely people not far from me had no outage....

Phew !!! it's hot... I don't very often turn on AC but sure have a few times lately! sad.png

Oh darn!!!! just gone off again a few seconds..... w00t.gif

Some big storms over the islands at the moment.

Arayaburi power pole (Plai Laem) just exploded - lightening strike, but they have a generator so no sweat.

Expect some power outages tonight. (TOT down as well at my place)

• 2 weeks later...

Lamai checking in - no interruptions so far. (Although last time I wrote that we lost power minutes later!)

I wouldn't like to say for sure that the power goes off less at time goes by but it's certainly fixed faster and faster. I seem to get more power dips than cuts, knocks out my PC but everything else works, even the aircon.

Am I going to regret posting this!