2X90 Stay On Single Tourist Visas, With Intermediate Trip To The PI

Hi,

I have wanted to follow this itinerary, utilizing a double entry Tourist Visa:

Arrive at BKK from my home EU country

After an 89 day stay, fly to the Philippines

After 21 days, fly back to Thailand

After a 90 days stay, fly back home

An obstacle is that, my country's Thai Embassy provides double entry visas with a validity of 3 months only.

The local consular officer suggests that I obtain a single entry TV from them, and then a second TV from the Thai Embassy in Manila.

Do you think that Manila will provide my second Tourist Visa? My passport is very clean, and I will present confirmed tickets in and out of the Kingdom. But still, I am concerned about it.

Thank you.

Does your country have a Thai consulate, most Thai consulates are less strict that Thai embassies. Especially honorary consulates.Another option would be to apply by mail at the consulate in Hull, UK, inquire first by email and explain your situation.

The Philipnes is not very user friendly, if you can I would avoid it.

Get a single entry from home, then a new single entry in the PI.

Your local Consular officer was correct. I would follow that advice instead of risking having to waste money for a double and it expires and then have to go get a new singel anyhow.

Thanks, both of your points of view are interesting.

Does your country have a Thai consulate, most Thai consulates are less strict that Thai embassies. Especially honorary consulates.Another option would be to apply by mail at the consulate in Hull, UK, inquire first by email and explain your situation.

The Philipnes is not very user friendly, if you can I would avoid it.

Unfortunately, there is no consulate or honorary consulate in my country.

As a last resort, I have thought about applying to Hull. If needed, I could use a UK friend's mailing address.

Get a single entry from home, then a new single entry in the PI.

Your local Consular officer was correct. I would follow that advice instead of risking having to waste money for a double and it expires and then have to go get a new singel anyhow.

I would really like to trust the officer, and avoid Hull's fees and 'shady' service. (This is my personal impression about Hull, and may be completely off-base).

On the other hand, the Manila embassy might not be too eager to assist a foreign 'tourist'.

Similar experience: In the past I had called the Thai Consulate-General in New York, while visiting the city. They had politely replied that they only process visas for US citizens and permanent residents.

Hull is known to be very user friendly.

They charge a fee for tourist visas as they are a honorary consulate. That means the consul doesn't get a salary, instead he gets his income for the consulate from issueing visas. Free tourist visas means a lot of income is being lost, reason why some charge an administrative fee to make up for their loss of issueing a free visa. Indeed not as it should be, but a honorary consulate has its costs.

But as of 1st of April one has to pay for a toruist visa at all embasies and consulates again as normal.

On the other hand, the Manila embassy might not be too eager to assist a foreign 'tourist'.

Similar experience: In the past I had called the Thai Consulate-General in New York, while visiting the city. They had politely replied that they only process visas for US citizens and permanent residents.

Although you may get a new tourist visa from the Thai Embassy in Manila, they are very inflexible and may have more requirements than you may be used to providing elsewhere. It could end up being a very frustrating experience that could spoil more than a few days out of your 21 day vacation. I doubt your idea of a vacation in the Philippines involves camping out in Makati for several days or more. Even if you choose to stay in Manila proper, the taxi rides out to Makati and back would be very time comsuming.

They will ask for verification of your financial status and perhaps even proof of your income and/or details of your employment. They will also want to see proof of accommodation bookings for your stay in Thailand. They may even refuse you because you have already had a double entry tourist visa which just expired.

Perhaps flying back to Thailand from Manila via KL would be an easier solution. It should be quite easy to get a single entry tourist visa from the Thai Embassy in KL.

Edited by tropo

A Embassy or Consulate is just that. A means to get a visa or other things in referance to Thailand.

Just compy with thier requirements and you will be fine and no hastles. :jap:

You obviously have never been to the Manila Embassy. I have and my recommendations come from personal experience/frustration.