Express Trains To Suvarnabhumi Airport Suspended

george

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember reading somewhere that the tracks and catenary were contracted out to some Chinese outfit whose name escapes me, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, my bet is on whoever built the catenary.

(back to lurking)

Siemens was part of the consortium that built the Airport Link. The were

responsible for design and installation that included the catenary. If they subcontracted that to a chinese company, it does not relieve them of the responsibility for it to be installed correctly.

TH

Consortium of B. Grimm / Siemens / Sino Thai wins orders for airport link in Bangkok – Project worth about 518 million euro

Erlangen, Jan 20, 2005

Siemens' Transportation Systems division together with consortium partners B. Grimm and Sino Thai Engineering and Construction Plc. (STECON) today signed a 518 million euro contract with State Railway of Thailand for the construction of the 28 km Suvarnabhumi Airport Rail Link and the City Air Terminal.

Under the terms of the contract, the consortium leader B. Grimm International Ltd. and B. Grimm MBM Hong Kong Ltd. will be responsible for the entire project management while STECON will be responsible for the civil infrastructure. Siemens and B. Grimm take responsibility for the design, supply, installation and project management of the whole electrical and mechanical system including trackwork, rolling stock, signaling system, power supply, communication systems, automatic fare collection, tunnel equipment, depot and workshop equipment, check-in facilities as well as baggage handling system. The contract value for Siemens part is approx. 11.1 billion Baht.

Siemens was a major player in the Nazification of Germany,they built the gas chambers back for the Nazi regime and used slave labor to manufacture electrical switches.

Seems natural they would do well in Thailand.

Siemens was a major player in the Nazification of Germany,they built the gas chambers back for the Nazi regime and used slave labor to manufacture electrical switches.

Are you seriously comparing a company from nearly 70 years ago to the same company now?

And, even more of worry, are you seriously comparing Thailand to Nazi Germany?

Are you seriously comparing a company from nearly 70 years ago to the same company now?

And, even more of worry, are you seriously comparing Thailand to Nazi Germany?

Naah just trying to be a smart ar*e....:rolleyes:

I remember reading somewhere that the tracks and catenary were contracted out to some Chinese outfit whose name escapes me, but I could be wrong.

(back to lurking)

responsible for design and installation that included the catenary. If they subcontracted that to a chinese company, it does not relieve them of the responsibility for it to be installed correctly.

TH

Consortium of B. Grimm / Siemens / Sino Thai wins orders for airport link in Bangkok – Project worth about 518 million euro

Erlangen, Jan 20, 2005

Siemens' Transportation Systems division together with consortium partners B. Grimm and Sino Thai Engineering and Construction Plc. (STECON) today signed a 518 million euro contract with State Railway of Thailand for the construction of the 28 km Suvarnabhumi Airport Rail Link and the City Air Terminal.

Under the terms of the contract, the consortium leader B. Grimm International Ltd. and B. Grimm MBM Hong Kong Ltd. will be responsible for the entire project management while STECON will be responsible for the civil infrastructure. Siemens and B. Grimm take responsibility for the design, supply, installation and project management of the whole electrical and mechanical system including trackwork, rolling stock, signaling system, power supply, communication systems, automatic fare collection, tunnel equipment, depot and workshop equipment, check-in facilities as well as baggage handling system. The contract value for Siemens part is approx. 11.1 billion Baht.

katasyd dude, you are very funny, in another thread you bragged that you drove a Mercedes all over Europe, as if you didn't know Daimler-Benz, committed crimes in WWII. The firm avidly supported Nazism and in return received arms contracts and tax breaks that enabled it to become one of the world's leading industrial concerns. During the war the company used thousands of slaves and forced laborers, there was a report that Daimler-Benz built mobile poison gas vans.

It shows that you are not any better than everybody else after all.:jap:

My German friend ran the Thai Airport link along with other Falang Nationalitys until in December Siems was given the boot.They had 1 months notice to leave,due to the fact that Siemes do not do business the Thai way !

Seems that would be in the news somewhere.

When i say ran the railway i mean as a Foreigner he ran the day to day running. Obviously as this is a Thai company the Top bosses (were the money is are Thai) Wait and see what happens over the shortage off rolling stock. No problem with supplies from Germany ! I wonder were the problem is then ?

(back to lurking)

TH

Erlangen, Jan 20, 2005

katasyd dude, you are very funny, in another thread you bragged that you drove a Mercedes all over Europe, as if you didn't know Daimler-Benz, committed crimes in WWII. The firm avidly supported Nazism and in return received arms contracts and tax breaks that enabled it to become one of the world's leading industrial concerns. During the war the company used thousands of slaves and forced laborers, there was a report that Daimler-Benz built mobile poison gas vans.

But where did i say i didn't support Nazification of Germany in the first place?whistling.gif

I don't consider renting a 112 pound a day car something to brag about and the post you are referring to was regarding driving overseas on a Thai drivers license.

Get a life.

(back to lurking)

TH

Erlangen, Jan 20, 2005

But where did i say i didn't support Nazification of Germany in the first place?whistling.gif

I don't consider renting a 112 pound a day car something to brag about and the post you are referring to was regarding driving overseas on a Thai drivers license.

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4333296

Get a life.

pack it ,in! dude.......... this ain't productive.......

FWIW, Siemens uses a different catenary system for those sections within tunnels/underpasses. Maybe there is some issue with overhead clearance? Not sure why the Express trains are more affected? Maybe they use different brushes? Or have some height difference? Or the higher speed of the Express train is an issue, although I think both the City and Express trains travel at the same slow speed entering/exiting the tunnel at the airport?