Served Food With Long Thai Lady Hairs At Casual Restaurant

Jingthing

The root of the matter is cleanliness, but since your evidence is rather thin, I'd say you were shafted.

Nonetheless, better long and straight than short and curly. (hair, that is.)

Indeed. Wouldn't depend where the hair {in question} has been?

I got 2 hairs in my dish about a week ago as well - 85b for the Tom Yam Gung in a half decent cafe - I did not send it back, I just pulled the hairs out and ate it, did not feel like starting a thread about it either, I am never gonna get close to 23k posts.

So you did like me but you didn't mention whether you felt weird about it later. 23k posts, why would you want that?

Maybe some people do value so many posts. I wonder if the admins here will let me SELL the block of them to the highest bidder, with the board taking a healthy cut, natch.

the amount of revenue that ThaiVisa will get from your 23k posts via adsense will probably be quite a lot.

I would not eat it ...maybe the experience of finding a hair in my mouth then pulling it out and the sensation of it comming up my throat has something to do with that.

Just leave the dish...I would find it hard to go back to the same place as well...all in the mind I know !!!

• 2 weeks later...

i have come across this myself, ive pointed out as soon as i seen them and told the staff i didnt want it and wouldnt pay for it. simple as that. when i first came to thailand i was in a low end place and i noticed a small insect in my rice ( dont think it was a cockroache ) i complained but my thai girlfriend at the time just lifted it out and threw it to the side and told me to be quiet and eat up rolleyes.gif i could count hundreds of time ive seen staff and chefs sneezing over food whilst it is being cooked probably because of the chillies being cooked. i would love to be a fly on the wall in some of the kitchens in these places , god knows what goes on bah.gif

• 1 month later...

As it dies absolutely no harm to health or otherwise, I would keep eating.

It's also no reflection of "cleanliness" -- it happens occasionally in even the cleanest restaurants, so I would not make a fuss.

The problem us more in the heads of people whom it bothers than anything else, so probably best just to try to get over it, no?

• 3 months later...

I use frozen baby squid at work here in Aus, processed in..... you guessed it, Thailand. On more than one occasion in the bags I have found "Long Thai Lady Hairs" Haha The squid meets all regulations and is a product widely used in the industry here.

We have had meals come back to the kitchen a fair few times with "I found a hair in it" and then the hat policy gets enforced a little harder that week but honestly in all the western kitchens I've worked in these things happen also, hair, bugs in lettuce, little bits of steel scourers, little bits of plastic container... we even have he'd people complain about pips in cherry jams or cartilage from the same squid mentioned earlier (all tiny pieces) We are very careful about these things and try hard to minimise it by discarding used scourers and brittle containers but at the end of the day it will always happen.

I have had a hair saved to me and yes I couldn't eat it. oh well.

If it happened to me ..........

..........................................I probably wouldn't bother posting about it in an internet forum.

For sure. ;)

I had dinner in a UK restaurant and watched a hairy caterpillar munching on my salad :shock1:, and he wasn't invited to the party. .:blink:

• 1 month later...

How do you know it was a lady's hair?

Could have been a lady boy - you know, a "clown", as you called them in a different thread.

Sometimes it is hard to tell here in thailand.

You've got issues that don't interest me.

post-37101-0-68914700-1319559073_thumb.j

Next ...

Edited by Jingthing

I would go for the "leave the food there and walk away without paying" option. When you sell food, it has to have a minimum quality above that of what you could expect at home.

You can't just walk out of restaurants in Thailand without paying, or most countries actually. Of course you could complain and they would take out the hair for you. Either way, you pay.

How do you know it was a lady's hair?

Could have been a lady boy - you know, a "clown", as you called them in a different thread.

Sometimes it is hard to tell here in thailand.

You've got issues that don't interest me.

Next ...

I already advised you to not use the expression "next", as i consider it contra productive.

And yes I have an issue.

An issue with members of discriminated minorities, that discriminate others.

Unknowingly perhaps, but nevertheless.....

By the way - why did you add me as a friend?

And yes I have an issue.

Whatever issues you have are 100 percent

:offtopic:

If you have some kind of personal problem that you just can't swallow, PM me. This greater board doesn't need to read such total off topic crap. :offtopic:

Edited by Jingthing

If u really want to get it replaced then put an insect in it to make sure they get your point. :rolleyes:

Otherwise just take the hair out of it and enjoy your meal.

During our long life we all encounter such a problem like this.

The question is, is it worth complaining about it?