Austrailian Visa For Uk Citizen And Thai Gf

Hi All

Not sure if this ha been covered before so forgive me if i haven't looked hard enough.

I am looking in emigrating to Australian. I have a British passport and my girlfriend has a thai passport, I know being a native English speaking westerner almost guarantees my entry into Australia but i know that is a different story for my girlfriend. If i was to get initially a working holiday visa for one year how easy would it be for my gf to get one? also if we were to marrry would this help or give her the chance to apply along side my application? also if we did'nt go down this route and i got sponsored with a company in Australia who would sort out a entry business visa would my gf nationality be a problem or again if we were married would that help?

I hope it is clear what i am trying to achieve which is basically the easiest and efficient way of overcoming a mountain of bureaucracy.

Thanks in advance

"English speaking westerner almost guarantees my entry into Australia"

Sorry to burst your bubble, but no it doesn't.

No bubble been burst here mate, 'guarantees' was a strong word to use, and i know that getting into Australia is no walk in the park, but it seems to me that working holiday visas are handed out to Brits and on the points system i could emigrate on being born and bred in the UK with English as my first language alone . What i should have said was more doors are open to me as a westerner than if i was from a different background.

No bubble been burst here mate, 'guarantees' was a strong word to use, and i know that getting into Australia is no walk in the park, but it seems to me that working holiday visas are handed out to Brits and on the points system i could emigrate on being born and bred in the UK with English as my first language alone . What i should have said was more doors are open to me as a westerner than if i was from a different background.

I don't know where you are getting this information from, but being born in the UK does not give you any special rights to migrate to Australia over that of any other nationality. For General Skilled Migration English proficiency is only one criteria that must be satisfied (maximum allocated points 25 for proficient English). For General Skilled Migration, applicants must get 120 points. You will need to have a required skill and have those skills assessed too. Applicants also need to be able to show that they have had recent work experience relating to their skill.

Working Holiday visa options:

Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417) - for UK nationals (Thai passport holders not eligible)

General requirement is that you must be aged Aged 18 - 31. Satisfy health and character critieria as well as having adequate funds. Valid for 12 months.

Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462) - for Thai nationals

General requirement is that applicant must be aged 18 to 30, must have a tertiary education and have functional English (IELTS 4.5). Applicant also needs to get a Government letter of support from the Officer of Welfare Promotion in BKK who will assess their eligibility criteria before issuing the letter. Note - these visas are very competitive due to an annual quota of only 500. Applicants must also satisfy satisfy health and character critieria as well as having adequate funds.

Good Luck

Bridge

overstating it a tad there as well me thinks. Some highly skilled Brit friends are out here on temp visas, as PR under the points system wasn't available to them at first pass. This is with 15+ years experience and post graduate qualifications in some cases.

As for your Thai GF, well a 'work and holiday visa' is available to her as well, though she has to qualify for it under her own steam. She'd need, from memory, a degree from a select bunch of Thai uni's plus a pass on an English language test.