Osprey

MSingh

Finally got a Picture today of this big Fella who has been sat on a Mountain on the same Tree for the past Week or so now & i finally got to see him fly today..

Any idea where he goes to hunt ??

I wouldn't mind trying to get some more Pics of him hunting.

Thanks in advance for any replies..

post-55211-0-72804700-1301668566_thumb.j post-55211-0-66639000-1301668589_thumb.j

Edit : He's not a Million Miles from Black Mountain Golf Course if that were to help anyone..

Edited by MSingh

They cleared a patch of land outside my house on Soi 94 the other week and I spotted him sat on a neighbours roof awaiting any morsels thrown up by the digger. Mega impressive to see him only about 50 metres away :)

He better stay away from my koi pond. :annoyed:

Seriously, it was a different kind of bird but I was sitting on the porch one day and a big bird flew down and hit the pond trying to grab a fish (i guess), but missed...

Any idea where he goes to hunt ??

check out the larger/deeper freshwater lakes in your area.. he'll be there.

how's about the Ocean ?

absolutely.. they eat sea fish too, but it's a huge area for you to look for and possibly see him - the bird can travel many dozens of km's a day hunting along a coastline.

the nearest freshwater lakes simply narrows down your chances a little... Good luck.

anyone wanting to get good pictures of many species of Birds of Prey, take a couple of hours drive south of Hua Hin to Radar Hill - ( coordinates = 10 59 13.08N 99 22 06.30E )

and experience the peak raptor migration every September through November.. a good day out & you'll be amazed at the spectacle.

migrating

video

Any other tips for this area at all ?

not a raptor, but a unique globally threatened shorebird just an hours drive north of Hua Hin at Pak Thale, is the premier spot in Thailand to see the critically endangered Spoon-billed Sandpiper

it's a winter visitor here in quite small but regular numbers & there still maybe a couple there right now.. Many other species, including raptors, would make this short drive for you very worthwhile.

this enigmatic little bird is at risk of extinction in the coming decades & it draws many ornithologists to Thailand. See it while you still can...