Small Centipedes

cocopops

Over the last two weeks or so I must have seen a few dozen of these small black centipedes with orange legs. About an inch long. Usually moving pretty fast. "dta khaap" (ตะขาบ) the folks call them.

Last night I tried to catch one to squash it and it bit me on the index finger (fair enough from the bugs point of view I suppose). It hurts quite considerably, in case anybody was wondering! In my case the pain took about a half hour to go away. I *really* don't ever want to get bitten by a big one!

Does anybody know what I can do to get these little fuc_kers out of the house? Somebody I can call to come round with chemicals, something like that?

Thanks,

Cocopops.

Cover up your shower room and WC room floor water drainage holes with a stanless steel cover, as pictured below. The centipedes often come up from there.

If you have any large caps under your exterior doors, fit a rubber strip under the doors to make the gaps smaller.

Also check to see if you have any open spaces on the ceiling. Centipedes like to live in lofts they enjoy high ground and will drop through holes and gaps in the ceiling tiles or plaster boards.

Clear loose dead leaves or grass away from your house, centipedes will hide under this stuff during wet or cold weather.

post-110219-0-54786500-1301813281_thumb.

We have had the same problem in our previous house; we ran into the small ones at least a few times a week. Fortunately, our cats usually kill them (so taking a cat into your home would be a solution). Anyhow, we were afraid that our cats might get bitten so we consulted with a pest control expert back home. He told us that having lot's of small centipedes around usually indicates that there's a nest somewhere close by and one thing you could do is try to find the nest and destroy it. Obviously, this is rather hard to do... so the pest expert ending up giving us some kind of poison which we placed at certain places is and around the house (not dangerous for pets and children) and this stuff kills all insects crawling over it, this worked pretty well and we haven't much problems after we put the poison out. The name of the stuff is "liquid solfac".